Thread: 2012 Catalog

Singletrack Slayer

2012 Catalog

Got this from Facebook! I love the new line up, and the way they simpified the Mission lineup ! FRAMESETS Sweetness! x 1 trillion!

http://www.diamondback.com/wp-conten...ALOG_FINAL.pdf
    ~~~~~~Singletrack Slayer~~~~~~~

DB4L
    May 2008
    I wonder what Employee Purchase on a Podium 7 would be. Haha I should ask.
    Shop Mechanic at Bikes Unlimited Williamsburg
    Diamondback and Raleigh Fan

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    The mission lineup is awesome but im pretty mad I just bought my 11' Mission 1. 20mm through axle / sealed bearing hubs would have been awesome.

Im assuming the pricepoint of the Mission is somewhere between the 2/3 while the Mission Pro is around where the 4 was.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Yep, my '11 is now outdated and it's still sitting as a frame! The new DB's look pretty stealth
    Peace from Hell...

'13 Chromag Stylus
    '11 Specialized 29r EVO ht
    '11 DB Mission 2 w/Fox 36

bab74 on GORC

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Glad I was too poor for a Recoil Comp this year. Hopefully next if money isn't tight. I'll be on my way out of the military so it'll be a close call. Definatley would love one of those bikes and put some 650B wheels on. Entry FS AM type bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Scapegoat here I come!

Singletrack Slayer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiba Inu's Rock View Post
    Yep, my '11 is now outdated and it's still sitting as a frame! The new DB's look pretty stealth
    Your 11 is far from outdated my friend.... You still have a sweet frame and the 12's probably won't be available until next year
    ~~~~~~Singletrack Slayer~~~~~~~

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    i wonder what the price tag will be on the overdrive pro 29er? im kinda diggen that.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    now i dnt know if i should pull the trigger on a 11 mission 2 for 1500 what do you think the prices points of the new missions will be or heck the sortie 29er is going to be a pretty sick bike with the extra suspension like feel of the 29in wheels and 4.5 inches this could be an incredibly fun trail bike capable of bombing down after you make the climbs
    Cake 3 Dlx
    Spec Epic Comp 29er
    GF Rig SS 29er (for sale)

930 singletrack commuter

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    There are some strange changes. While the Mission line is simplified, it seems as if they are going away from the high end with it. Both models have the same 36 R fork? No more Hammerschmidts? Hayes brakes? Anodizing is done? Weird calls. The rest of the build kit on the Mission Pro is nice though.

Hopefully these bikes are a lot lighter than previous years.

Perhaps the Scapegoat is meant to be the top end mission?

mtbr member
    The Scapegoat frameset looks nice!!!!!

mtbr member
    ^ Agree the Scapegoat frameset looks really nice

mtbr member
    Like those 2012 recoil Comps too >.>

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertr View Post
    There are some strange changes. While the Mission line is simplified, it seems as if they are going away from the high end with it. Both models have the same 36 R fork? No more Hammerschmidts? Hayes brakes? Anodizing is done? Weird calls. The rest of the build kit on the Mission Pro is nice though.

Hopefully these bikes are a lot lighter than previous years.

Perhaps the Scapegoat is meant to be the top end mission?
    The Mission Pro coming with the RaceFace SixC cranks is a very good replacement for the hammerschmidt, and a whole lot lighter. They added dropper seatposts this year (the Reverb no less), the fox 36 fork is essential (most people upgrade to this sort of fork, but now it comes standard), the Hayes Prime brakes are supposed to be solid, Easton Haven wheels (I have them on my 2011 Mission 2) are PHENOMENAL wheels, the new 12x142mm rear axle... really, I don't see how you think they're getting away from the high end with the Missions. This looks like their best setup of Missions to date! Enduro, Super D, and trail destroyers!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagair002 View Post
    The Mission Pro coming with the RaceFace SixC cranks is a very good replacement for the hammerschmidt, and a whole lot lighter. They added dropper seatposts this year (the Reverb no less), the fox 36 fork is essential (most people upgrade to this sort of fork, but now it comes standard), the Hayes Prime brakes are supposed to be solid, Easton Haven wheels (I have them on my 2011 Mission 2) are PHENOMENAL wheels, the new 12x142mm rear axle... really, I don't see how you think they're getting away from the high end with the Missions. This looks like their best setup of Missions to date! Enduro, Super D, and trail destroyers!
    I personally think the loss of the hammerschmidt is a downgrade. Also, the top end model has a fork that has no compression adjustment? What? The least they could have done is specced a Float 36 RLC.

I would take a 2011 Mission 4 over the new Mission Pro. Considering they took four models, and compressed them down to two, I think it's safe to say there was a loss of spread in both the high and low end.

I do agree about the wheels and addition of the Reverb is super nice.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertr View Post
    I personally think the loss of the hammerschmidt is a downgrade. Also, the top end model has a fork that has no compression adjustment? What? The least they could have done is specced a Float 36 RLC.

I would take a 2011 Mission 4 over the new Mission Pro. Considering they took four models, and compressed them down to two, I think it's safe to say there was a loss of spread in both the high and low end.

I do agree about the wheels and addition of the Reverb is super nice.
    Idk man, my buddy has the HS on his 2011 Mission 3, and I like the functionality of it, but it's heavy. It's nice to have, but it's not something I personally would weigh my decision on with bike specs. The RaceFace SixC crank being a full carbon crankset, and one of the strongest on the market for it's intended purpose and the weight of it makes it more race worthy to me. As for the fork, the 20mm thru-axle vs the 15mm thru-axle they were using on the Missions 2&3 is worth the upgrade. For it being open bath, I'll take it because they're uber easy to service and rebuild. Compression dampening is a nice feature to have, but I'll work the the easy to service STIFF fork and save up for an upgrade. SRAM XO drivetrain is another plus of the Mission Pro as well!

mtbr member
    The rear thru axle is HUGE too. Love to find out if the rear triangle can be used on a 2010 Mission.

There is nothing wrong with not speccing the HS- its a great concept but I see more and more riders going to a 1x9/10 setup anyways. Did I miss pricing? If the pricing is still solid ride it till you break it and replace it later.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    New bikes are on the site now too. FYI

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    BOO YAA!!!!!!! Your right!
    Peace from Hell...

'13 Chromag Stylus
    '11 Specialized 29r EVO ht
    '11 DB Mission 2 w/Fox 36

bab74 on GORC

mtbr member
    How's the wheelset on the 2012 Mission, non pro? Is there an MSRP on these anywhere? 2011 Mission 3 or 2012 Mission.. hmm

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Scapegoat looks amazing! Wish they woulda made it 180mm rear travel though.

X2 on msrp/stores that have em. I cant find anything online.

Appalachian Highlander
    The new roadbikes look particularly sweet! Again I lament the lack of a decent high end hardtail. Build me a nice Axis or Apex, and I'll buy it, Diamondback! Also, I am saddened by their choice to write "Diamondback" perpendicular to the riding surface on the headtube. At least that mess on the front of the mountain bikes is oriented properly. That does seem to be the fad these days. I, for one, would prefer a simple (read: horizontal) headbadge. But it is well established that I'm a cremudgeon when it comes to bikes. I'm turning into one of those VRC losers!

At least I have a super sweet '98 DBR Team Issue