Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2011 Mission 4

10K views 82 replies 25 participants last post by  d_read 
#1 ·
The bike came in today! It looks so sick in person. I love everything about it. I just changed the stem and bars to Thomson and FSA. I like the top tube has to mounts for a seatdropper built it! sweet! The Talas in a 160/120, which I like better. The specs said 160/130/100. no biggy. Plan to change the tires to Maxxis soon. Maybe sell carbon post for a dropper.....But this bike is light and I can't wait to ride it:D Custom DB4L lockon grips from DB thanks to Jon Kennedy!! Thanks bro!

DB4L

PS Heard the grips might be stock next year on Mission

Attachments

See less See more
#58 ·
I am 6'1" with a 34 to 35" inseam and I got an XL. People recommended the L but I went for the XL. Best decision I ever made as it is the smallest XL I have ever ridden. Fits me perfectly, but if I were taller with longer arms it would seem small.

I would really suggest trying one out. In my personal experience, and I stress personal, the frames seem to run small.

David, the XO brakes werent good enough?

#64 ·
I would really suggest trying one out. In my personal experience, and I stress personal, the frames seem to run small.

David, the XO brakes werent good enough?
I second trying one out. I'm just shy of 6'3 and I ride the large. I like mine to feel like a mini DH bike though. A lot of your set up will affect the bike as well. I've got a 50mm stem, but 30.5" bars on my bike. Wide bars will stretch your arms out, bringing your chest forward, therefore you can run a shorter toptube (frame size) and have the same bend in your back.

I'm with David on the brake upgrade. I run Saints on mine :thumbsup:

-KT

#60 ·
Thanks for the feedback! Unfortunately finding one to test out is a bit hard. The main reason I’m leaning toward this bike is because I work for a certain sporting goods retailer, and get a pretty steep discount (I’ll be ordering directly from DB).

Also, they have no mediums in stock. Only XL or small.

Thanks again!

#61 ·
I'm actually going through 3point5. Unfortunately the 2012 stuff got snatched up QUICK (that's why I'm looking at the 2011 bikes)! And when I say quick, I mean less than 24 hours. O_0

I know 3point5 & Promotive are affiliated with each other, but I'm wondering if the latter has a better selection? I'll check it out.

#70 ·
The best XMAS presents ever, Santa was early this year

;)got it done for now! Looks great, going to get some riding shots soon:D

E13 Products are awesome!:thumbsup::thumbsup: E13 SS Crank/BB, 34 Guidering

11/36 1070 cassette, 1051 chain, and new XT Pedals,

Attachments

#71 ·
Quick question for you guys. I'll be placing a preorder on a Mission Pro frameset (instead of the Mission 4 I was planning on getting) and I’m wondering what Rock Shox fork you guys would recommend? The reason I’m leaning toward Rock Shox, is because I get their stuff at a discount through my job. I get no deals on Fox stuff.

Thanks!

#72 ·
THE MISSION IS DONE for now Bling Bling

The Lyrik 2 step IMO

-------==-=-=0=-0=0=-40=04=0=0=04=-0=0=04=-04004=04=0=04=3============---------:)

My Mission,,, E13 Cranks 2012's and E13 34t ring,, E13 LG1 Gaurd
--Hope M4 Special Edition w Tech levers and floating rotors, 7r 8f
--Specialized 100mm Commandpost.
-- Hope Gold Skewer and bolt on seatclamp,
--Thomson 70mm X4 stem
--FSA Gravity lite bars
-- XO 10spd Dtrain with 11/36 34 frt 1070 cassette 1051 chain
--Mavic Crossmax ST tubeless Maxxis Ignitor 2.35 F and 2.25 Ardent R
-- WTB Devo Ti Saddle
-- New XT pedals
-- DB4L lock on grips
--FSA HS
Stock Mission 4 frameset Fox RP23 XV and Talas 120-160mm 20mm
29lbs 12oz
The Hope Brakes are the best brakes in the world! Love the feel and mod. on them. one finger braking all day!

I love the bike on so many different types of trails or section and this bike does it all superb, I love the front travel adjust, 60% of my riding now is more XC ish and I love the bike at 120 with PP on 1 or 2 or open, It flies. I love this bike from riding DH to XC I love the Mission platform a ton!! It can be built so many ways! I had this down to 28 lbs as a XC slayer to 33lbs DH bike! It's light, burly, strong, and stout, and RELIABLE Fully for a do all Longtravel XC to AM/DH bike, period. LOVE IT
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
DB4L

Attachments

#77 ·
No probs for me and I am 240 with gear. I have been running about 240 psi with most of my riding being in the all mountain range. I did run it at just over 200psi when I was at Deer Valley this Sept and never bottomed that i could tell. Although I didnt hit anything over a 4 ft drop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.