Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2011 Mission 4

10K views 82 replies 25 participants last post by  d_read 
#1 ·
The bike came in today! It looks so sick in person. I love everything about it. I just changed the stem and bars to Thomson and FSA. I like the top tube has to mounts for a seatdropper built it! sweet! The Talas in a 160/120, which I like better. The specs said 160/130/100. no biggy. Plan to change the tires to Maxxis soon. Maybe sell carbon post for a dropper.....But this bike is light and I can't wait to ride it:D Custom DB4L lockon grips from DB thanks to Jon Kennedy!! Thanks bro!

DB4L

PS Heard the grips might be stock next year on Mission

Attachments

See less See more
#10 · (Edited)
Breaking it in......one word....Butter. This bike flies, From the 08 frame I had to this new frame, it is very Stout, I love the ride. Really, really smooth and super smooth travel. Love the tapered HT and the HA is perfect! The Rp23 is really nice. I find me using 1 or open for aggresive/dh, 2 for "normal" trails or just a better compression setting for aggresive, and 3 for climbing. The Talas is most always at 160, only when on a short steep climb is it nice to have @120, but rides everything good at 160mm. Might like to have a 180/140 Talas instead... Still got some dh to do and get more miles in. This bike is really nice and every detail is well thought out. I want to change to Maxxis tires UST and dropper post.

The new XO stuff is amazing. The XO brakes are super nice and so adjustable. I haven't ridden such a nice easy to setup and super powerful brake, one finger is all!

Oh and I am in love w Hammerschimdt......:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Will post more details soon.......:D

Attachments

#13 ·
Comparing the old vs new..

The new bike is just redefined and everything on the frame is changed but the seattube size. From the Tapered Headtube, to the new Hydroformed tubing, which the downtube is a bit larger, to the new knucklebox design; you get a stiffer, lighter, smoother ride and the bike just feels "burly". I love that the top tube has 2 mounts for a dropper post too. Graphics and colors looks sick! All I can say is this new frame is really nice and I love it:D

More saddle time and I'll get back to you.... Oh and one thing I love is what you get with the bike, ie, extras. Comes with a shockpump, chainstay proctector, sag gauge, extra hanger too!

I need to weigh it, I don't care about weight as much as some, but it is probably around ~32- 33lbs

#22 ·
Nope, Still running the Easton Carbon post. I love this bike, it made this trail so much fun. It is super rocky and techy and the Mission pedal through it like a champ! :D So buttery smooth! I have found the RP23 to work very well when you get it dialed in. It was a fun race!

#24 ·
LOL Too funny KT :D:D Say Hi to JK, been hella busy!! I think I know what project you are refering too. I can't wait to see it, maybe demo it? ;)

Here are a few pics I found from the XC and Super D race....100 degrees hot as balls face:p
I am still worn out from last weekend! It was a fun time, didn't place well but really don't care, had so much fun for a 2 day 3 part bike race! Saturday 12 pm, Short track; 7 miles of sprinting, with a few warm up laps @1 each! Super D was @ 3:30, ~4.5 miles of mostly DH, but a lot of flat and a bit more climbing than some expected. And Sunday morning @ 10am it was 95 degrees at the start for 23 miles XC! Dry and dusty trails which made for some 2 wheel drift action! And stupid hot! I volunteered to go get a IV at the first aid at the finish, I was so done:lol: Good Times

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.