mtbr member

2010 Mission will be missed

I just bought a 2010 Mission three around April/May built and rode it for maybe a half mile around my house. The Hammerschmidt is unreal! Well the whole bike is unreal! Long story short I hurt my foot and was trying to rehab (which is why this sat. I rode my road bike a good bit and my anthem once) when it finally let all the way go. Just had surgery and was told it will be 6 months before I'm back on even my road bike. This is my second mission. I had an 08 mission 2 and LOVE these things. Well since this has sat in my spare room all this year and will be for what looks like a good part of next year I am going to sell it. Can some other DB person point me to a good place to sell this beast? I'm thinking of trying the classifieds here or seeing if it gets enough interest on eBay. Anyone have any luck recently?

I'm going to sell this and head more towards normal trail riding (probably a 29er). My injury was not from biking but running induced. But let me tell you with how this surgery went and how bad my foot has been these few days following I know I don't want to push it and get hurt again. I know even trail riding has risks but I'm not going looking for them anymore. Being out for six months is going to suck.

Anyways any advice would be great.

Let the good times roll.
    My default spots to sell bike stuff are ebay, MTBR classifieds, pinkbike, and the local MTB community. I haven't sold a whole bike yet, but I've had good luck with forks, shocks, wheels, and other components.

Sorry to hear about your injury. Down time sucks.

mtbr member
    I'll throw it on the Classifieds here and see if anyone wants it.
    2012 Anthem X 29er in the build process
    2010 Diamondback Mission

mtbr member
    Well I decided I can't let it go so I'm going to part it out and rebuild it for an extreme trail bike. My classified is on here in that section parting it out. My Hammerschmidt is on eBay item# 170729033220
    2010 Diamondback Mission

Let the good times roll.
    Sounds like a good plan. The Mission is a great trail bike with 150mm fork and some light parts. Have fun

mtbr member
    Kinda what I was thinking. That's a lot of travel but some light parts will make a dang fun bike.
    2010 Diamondback Mission

Let the good times roll.
    You won't notice the extra travel in any negative way. Just more traction up nasty climbs and a smoother ride overall. The stock RP23 does a great job of keeping the rear snappy for pedalling. Your light Mission will not only be fun, but also pretty darn fast . The only issue, depending on what you're used to riding, might be the slackish/longish geometry. You might need to re-think how you approach turns.

mtbr member
    That's good to hear. I had a 2008 model Mission that was a lighter build than this one and I ended up selling it and getting an Anthem to ride while in Texas. I missed the relaxed feeling for the playing side of riding so much I had to buy another mission. Well this one was a beast and way beyound the level of build I needed so I never rode it. Well getting hurt probably didn't help the riding it part. It was just a dang heavy bike. I know even after the rebuild it would be as quick as my Anthem but it will be fun to shoot downhills with no worries! The 2010 does have a bit more travel up front but I agree once it's set up it should be an awesome ride.
    2010 Diamondback Mission