mtbr member
    Nov 2004

2005 DiamondBack XSL

Hey guys I just put this on e-bay and thought some fellow diamondbackers might be interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

I hope I don't piss the admins off for this shameless plug.

I think this frame is much beefier than the previous years frames. I really like the downtube oval that changes directions - very similar to what Trek does on the fuel and Gary Fisher does on the Sugar.

Thanks for looking.

Tom

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by t7112
    Hey guys I just put this on e-bay and thought some fellow diamondbackers might be interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

I hope I don't piss the admins off for this shameless plug.

I think this frame is much beefier than the previous years frames. I really like the downtube oval that changes directions - very similar to what Trek does on the fuel and Gary Fisher does on the Sugar.

Thanks for looking.

Tom
    I thought that you might like to know that the frame you listed is not a 2005, it's a 2004 XSL Trail. 2005 and 2004 frames are the same except for different plates offering a bit more travel.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I checked my plate out and there are two holes (one above the other) on the frame I have. I'm not sure of the exact differences between 2004 and 2005 but there is definitely a long travel option on the frame I have.

Thanks for the response.

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by t7112
    I checked my plate out and there are two holes (one above the other) on the frame I have. I'm not sure of the exact differences between 2004 and 2005 but there is definitely a long travel option on the frame I have.

Thanks for the response.
    All the XSL's have two shock mounting positions. The big giveaway for your frame being an o4 is that th o5 has like a circular looking mounting position (hard to explain) but I've got the o5. Not to mention that Diamondback isn't using that color/graphics and that rear shock for the o5 frames. go check @ www.diamondback.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    All the XSL's have two shock mounting positions. The big giveaway for your frame being an o4 is that th o5 has like a circular looking mounting position (hard to explain) but I've got the o5. Not to mention that Diamondback isn't using that color/graphics and that rear shock for the o5 frames. go check @ www.diamondback.com
    After further review of http://www.diamondback.com/items.asp...temid=119&va=0 mine is definitely the 2004 model. Thanks for the heads up and I'll definitely let everyone know it is a 2004 frame.

Tom

mtbr member
    Nov 2004