mtbr member

2003 Diamondback XTS

Does anyone have an idea what it weighs? I have a 2001 XTS-3 which with a new shock, tires etc. weighs about 32 lbs, but it has bushings instead of bearings. A nearby bike shop has the 2003 for sale for only $1000 because they really want to get rid of it and it is really nice but it feels like it weighs about 40 lbs with it's ridiculously heavy and huge tires etc. Just wondering if it's worth it.

Keep The Rubber Side Down

42 pnds

Quote Originally Posted by Merrimack Dave
    Does anyone have an idea what it weighs? I have a 2001 XTS-3 which with a new shock, tires etc. weighs about 32 lbs, but it has bushings instead of bearings. A nearby bike shop has the 2003 for sale for only $1000 because they really want to get rid of it and it is really nice but it feels like it weighs about 40 lbs with it's ridiculously heavy and huge tires etc. Just wondering if it's worth it.
    It's more of a Freeride/Beginer DH bike; it can be used as a trail bike, but it is rather heavy for that use.
    Some of my happiest memories in life took place on my bicycles. - Me

mtbr member

Thanks Mellow Yellow

The November issue of "Bike" magazine has a mini review of the XTS Moto and they list it's weight at 42.5 lbs with a Jr. T fork as opposed to the Psylo. If the frames weigh the same, it should be about 4-lbs less to begin with, and with lighter tires it might be possible to get into the 36 pound range which isn't too ridiculous for a six inch trail bike. That's assuming "Bike" got the weight right and the frames are the same.

Keep The Rubber Side Down

"BIke" got the weight correct

Quote Originally Posted by Merrimack Dave
    The November issue of "Bike" magazine has a mini review of the XTS Moto and they list it's weight at 42.5 lbs with a Jr. T fork as opposed to the Psylo. If the frames weigh the same, it should be about 4-lbs less to begin with, and with lighter tires it might be possible to get into the 36 pound range which isn't too ridiculous for a six inch trail bike. That's assuming "Bike" got the weight right and the frames are the same.
    I have the Large XTS Moto, and with my tripple crown fork, my monster weighs in at a lean 45pnds. so yes, you should be able to get it in the mid to upper 30's with smaller wheels and tires, and a single crown fork. Post pictures when you get it done.
    Some of my happiest memories in life took place on my bicycles. - Me