13 yrs old in my own mind

'11 Mission 2 have ISCG?

According to DB's website it says; "......ISCG, Hammerschmidt Ready"

I dont remember where but someone said their '11 Mission 2 had no ISCG??????

Who has a Mission 2 '11 and can verify?

I just ordered a Stinger from Black Spire BB mount and can change by Monday.
    Too many hobbies and not the proper income to support them all. Where's my karma boat?

Let the good times roll.
    I can't verify 100% (mine is 2010 not 2011), but I'm pretty sure the '11 Missions have ISCG. The M3 and M4 had hammerschmidt from the factory, and that's impossible without tabs.

BTW, Missions use ISCG-05, not ISCG-old. I found that out the hard way when I got my Stinger.

Quote Originally Posted by miniwisejosh View Post
    I can't verify 100% (mine is 2010 not 2011), but I'm pretty sure the '11 Missions have ISCG. The M3 and M4 had hammerschmidt from the factory, and that's impossible without tabs.

BTW, Missions use ISCG-05, not ISCG-old. I found that out the hard way when I got my Stinger.
    Thanks!

That is so confusing sometimes, cant they just stick with one?
    Too many hobbies and not the proper income to support them all. Where's my karma boat?

Let the good times roll.
    Yes, it is annoying. I've been reading interbike stuff this week and learning about the million different standards on the market this year for headset, bottom bracket, hub, axle, etc. It's completely out of control.

I successfully switched to the ISCG-05 but curious as I could not find my answer. Did you get hardware (bolts) with the your Stinger?

If not what size are they? M5's?

BTW I got my answer as my frame showed up like the first business day after I ordered it.... it has ISCG....................

Let the good times roll.
    All mounting hardware was included with my Stinger. There should be 3 screws and several washers to get the Stinger in the right position.

What cranks do you have? You might need to put in an small extra spacer behind the drive side BB cup to keep the granny bolts from hitting the Stinger. I ended up using a narrow (1mm maybe?) cassette spacer. Your LBS should have something like that lying around. You don't want to use a regular BB spacer as that will put the chainline way out.

All mounting hardware was included with my Stinger. There should be 3 screws and several washers to get the Stinger in the right position.

What cranks do you have? You might need to put in an small extra spacer behind the drive side BB cup to keep the granny bolts from hitting the Stinger. I ended up using a narrow (1mm maybe?) cassette spacer. Your LBS should have something like that lying around. You don't want to use a regular BB spacer as that will put the chainline way out.
    I have a Truvativ Hussefelt AM crankset 24/36 with Howitzer BB. It is really tight looking in there.........guess the only way to really tell is get everything up and check tolerances........I was going to do one on the RECOIL originally and it looked fine, but that was at the time I was going to use a BB mount version.

The ISCG should be more stable. So you used a cassette shim? Good to know so I wont have to go digging and experimenting if I need to space it out. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I am in the market, not sure what to buy, Mission 2 or 3!? is the Hammerschmidt worth the extra $$?

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Checkpointoffroad View Post
    I am in the market, not sure what to buy, Mission 2 or 3!? is the Hammerschmidt worth the extra $$?

thanks!
    Haven't actual used a Hammerschmidt, but I want one when I can afford it!

I love the concept of the device but I hear it is heavy, so not for weight weenies.

Singletrack Slayer
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkpointoffroad View Post

thanks!
    Totally worth it! I love mine. Right now it is not being used. but I plan to build up my Mission with it again soon as a more AM slayer, right now I am running E13 LG1 single up front for DH.. Either way. the M3 is worth the extra cheese. Much better components from Fork to wheels and drivetrain and brakes!
    ~~~~~~Singletrack Slayer~~~~~~~

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    thanks for the feedback, another question... if I go Mission 1 or 2? is the 2 worth the extra money or get the 1 and buy the extra components for the future build?

thanks

Let the good times roll.
    Dude... you don't need to ask on 3 threads.

The M2 is worth the extra money. But the question is will you be satisfied with it's components, or will you start upgrading it anyways. If you end up doing major upgrades like lighter wheels, longer fork, and new drivetrain, you might as well just get the cheaper bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    sorry brah I am kind of new at the forum thing, thanks for the help , I wanted to post a whole new thread but I needed to have 5 posts I guess.