mtbr member
    Mar 2010

'11 M3 frame vs '08 M2 frame

Hey all M owners,
    I was wondering how big of a difference there between a '11 M3 frame vs my '08 M2 frame and if it's worth purchasing to upgrade. I know the shock is better and I would be moving from up from a medium to large.
    Peace from Hell...

'13 Chromag Stylus
    '11 Specialized 29r EVO ht
    '11 DB Mission 2 w/Fox 36

bab74 on GORC

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiba Inu's Rock View Post
    Hey all M owners,
    I was wondering how big of a difference there between a '11 M3 frame vs my '08 M2 frame and if it's worth purchasing to upgrade. I know the shock is better and I would be moving from up from a medium to large.
    If it's about size definitely do it. The newer frames are more burly and sexy.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    They do look good and I think the large would fit me a little better. I had to buy a 20mm setback seatpost after I installed the 70mm stem so it wasn't so cramped. I think the large would take care of that since I want a different seat post with 0 to 10mm setback plus my frame keeps creaking on me and I would like to build one from the frame up with better components that what I'm rocking now.
    I've heard the new frames were stiffer too....DaveN....MiniJ...where are you?
    Peace from Hell...

'13 Chromag Stylus

bab74 on GORC

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    The new frame is stiffer. I can feel a difference railing corners on my 10 M3 in comparison to my 07M3. I do have a different set up on both bikes, but the rear end of the new style frame doesn't seem to have as much torsional flex.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    the old frame is sexy.... i own the old style goat an it feels stiffer then new new 2011 i demoed
    2011 transition 250
    2009 DB scapegoat

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    F*ckin Sh*t I knew I should have bought that brand '11 M3 new frame with shock for $450 but someone was smarter...they bought it right away
    Peace from Hell...

'13 Chromag Stylus

bab74 on GORC

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiba Inu's Rock View Post
    F*ckin Sh*t I knew I should have bought that brand '11 M3 new frame with shock for $450 but someone was smarter...they bought it right away
    damn that would of been a steal

More Riding Less Internet
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted1 View Post
    the old frame is sexy.... i own the old style goat an it feels stiffer then new new 2011 i demoed
    Then something is set up different between the two. The new Goat/Mission frames are much stiffer than the older ones.

-KT
    Diamondback Development Force.

Singletrack Slayer
    The frames are completely different in every tube and shape... I had an 08 M2 loved it a TON!! But..... The new mission frame I LOVE EVEB MORE, It looks better IMO and has a tapered HT, KB is smoother and looks nicer, IMO, the frame is stiffer and you get nice things like ISCG tabs, Guides for dropper post, Sick Paint jobs and graphics, Single sided hardware and Doublebearing in the seatstays too, Bigger pivots= smoother. New Mission is better for sure
    ~~~~~~Singletrack Slayer~~~~~~~

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    NOOOOO DOUBT! I wondered if it was a typo but apparently not!
    Peace from Hell...

'13 Chromag Stylus

bab74 on GORC

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Only reason the new one is stiffer up front is because of the tapered head tube on the mission. Oh ya the older goat is spec the same as the new one. Hands down the old goat will out perform the 2010/2011 model any day of the week; same as the mission. The new mission looks horrible like it was made at walmart by a blind, retard, 12 year old. You guys are just blind from all the hype from marketing. Hell ya prob only ride once a year so get out of here with all this nonsense.

http://www.diamondback.com/downloads/dbcatalogs/
    Look at the specs
    2011 transition 250
    2009 DB scapegoat

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted1 View Post
    Only reason the new one is stiffer up front is because of the tapered head tube on the mission. Oh ya the older goat is spec the same as the new one. Hands down the old goat will out perform the 2010/2011 model any day of the week; same as the mission. The new mission looks horrible like it was made at walmart by a blind, retard, 12 year old. You guys are just blind from all the hype from marketing. Hell ya prob only ride once a year so get out of here with all this nonsense.

http://www.diamondback.com/downloads/dbcatalogs/
    Look at the specs
    I'm thinking you might be the blind, retarded, 12 year old that works at Walmart putting their bikes together.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomilton View Post
    I'm thinking you might be the blind, retarded, 12 year old that works at Walmart putting their bikes together.
    im guessing your one of the losers that ride an think the 2011 is better?
    2011 transition 250
    2009 DB scapegoat

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I guess the DB collects dust since you have a Trans 250? Would love to have a Trans Am!
    Peace from Hell...

'13 Chromag Stylus

bab74 on GORC

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    No I actually love my goat! I replaced my session 8 with the 250 because I don't live in up north anymore; don't really need full blown Dh rig in the south. I bought the 250 frame this week an been sitting by the mail box waiting for the big brown truck to drop off packages! I use my goat for more as a urban free style type riding.

Here is the build specs for my goat:

Dhx air 5.0 shock, marzocchi 66 ata fork, xo rear derailleur and shifters, Fr hammershmit front, Hayes stroker ace brakes, six pack raptor x stem, straitline pedals, Spank b´tch stick bars, Funn skinny rl saddle, Crank bros iodine wheelset, And high roller ss tires.

I'm gonna rob wheels, rear derailleur, shifters, off goat an put them on the 250. I put ad up forsale for my goat but I'm thinking about keeping it an either let my gf ride it or just let friends ride it when we hit the trails.
    2011 transition 250
    2009 DB scapegoat

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

'08 M2 Fox Fork fit an '11 M2?

Will my stock Fox Float 150RL fit on a 2011 M2? I know all the other components will but I read they are doing a tapered head now for the 11's. Not sure if they did that for '08.
    Peace from Hell...

'13 Chromag Stylus

bab74 on GORC

Singletrack Slayer
    You just have to get a reducer for the bottom cup. It will work

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Ordered my new '11 M2 frame since I missed the M3 last week. Got the same price, $450 with frame, RP23 shock, headset AND free shipping!
    Was thinking about going with CrossMax ST's and going with the a Float 36 RLC too and just swapping components from my 08? Seriously, with a new frame you want all new stuff too. Can't wait to get this thing together and finally get some pictures up.
    Peace from Hell...

'13 Chromag Stylus

bab74 on GORC

Singletrack Slayer
    Sweet!! Good Fork Choice

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Crossmax aren't cheap and just wondering how much do I really need to spend on a solid quality wheelset? I know my fork won't be cheap either
    Peace from Hell...

'13 Chromag Stylus

bab74 on GORC

Singletrack Slayer
    $600 ish is a good price for a wheel set. I would custom build w hope hubs , dt spokes, stand flow rim or mavis 819's. IMO Or I would really like a set of I 9's