mtbr member
    Jan 2015

Yeti ASR c vs Pivot Mach 429sl vs Devinci Atlas Carbon

Based on what is available around and my style of riding I stopped my choice on these 3 bikes. But I will not be able to test them.
    The Devinci Atlas C is at 1000$ less than the 2 others.
    I intend to build it with Sram X01 .

I'm 6'2" 210 pds.
    Rocky, rooty, tight, doing mostly technical XC- trail riding with a few races (50 to 80kms) each year.

Any experience or suggestion

mtbr member
    all 3 are winners. you could throw darts to decide, or you could go ride them to find which you like best....

The Atlas was at the top of my list, but has been bumped off by something Evil. The Atlas has a lot going for it though.

mtbr member
    Evil Following owner here. Love it. It would be my number 1 pick. Of those you listed I'd probably choose the Pivot. However if you want the lightest one of the three the Yeti would be it. I would worry that at 210 lbs it wouldn't be stiff enough of a frame for you in those trail conditions.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin+M View Post
    Evil Following owner here. Love it. It would be my number 1 pick. Of those you listed I'd probably choose the Pivot. However if you want the lightest one of the three the Yeti would be it. I would worry that at 210 lbs it wouldn't be stiff enough of a frame for you in those trail conditions.
    Ride em all, pick the one you like best.

I really like my Atlas, never tried the other two. The Pivot is certainly popular, rode with one the other day, my buddy just got it, he seems to like it.

I'm flogging the Atlas pretty hard, already bent the hanger bopping off a boulder, bent it back and all is good

mtbr member
    I'm a bigger guy at 235lbs. I can't speak to the attributes of the Yeti or the Devinci, but I demoed the Rip 9 (with 120mm Pike), Jet 9 (with 140mm Pike), Intense Spider (with 130mm Revelation), Ibis Ripley (with 120 and 140 32mm Fox CTD) and Pivot Mach 429SL (with 120mm Fox CTD), each on trails I've ridden lots of times before buying.

I ended up with the Pivot 429SL. I thought the Pivot was the most efficient climber of the bunch (with the Ripley right behind it). I also thought the Pivot descended quite well (although I thought the Intense was the best decsender). I found the Pivot to be the best blend of attributes for me.