CDC
    CDC
    Jul 2006

Upgrades to the Troy

So, been happily riding my Troy RC for about a year now. Figure its time to upgrade and lighten it up a bit. Already running tubeless with the stock tires on the stock DT Swiss Spline 1900s but figure i could lighten it up a bit more. Where should i start first?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    When reducing weight I like to do wheels and tires first followed by bars seatpost and stem. Rotational weight will be more noticeable than the fact the the overall bike is lighter.

CDC
    CDC
    Jul 2006
    Yes, I had to upgrade the seat post anyways and the bike came with a Chromag Fubar OSX bar (which I thought was an improvement over stock ). Any new stem / bar combos advice? The bike came with the DT swiss spline 1900 wheels.....upgrade those?

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by CDC View Post
    Yes, I had to upgrade the seat post anyways and the bike came with a Chromag Fubar OSX bar (which I thought was an improvement over stock ). Any new stem / bar combos advice? The bike came with the DT swiss spline 1900 wheels.....upgrade those?
    That wheelset looks to be 19mm internal and 1850g or so? You could get a nice wide-ish, higher engagement build for a very decent price by using the BHS hubs and something like a WTB KOM i25. A quick calc puts that build at ~1720g with Sapim Race spokes. Or you could always go carbon I'm personally going to build up that same set but with the Asym i29 rims; that'll come in heavier than your current set.

Another (non-weight related) thought is, has your suspension been custom tuned for you and your riding? That's another one that I'd put at the top of any upgrade list.