mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Spartan 2018. Let's begin speculation.

All their mtbs lines had been updated, except the Spartan, it's old. For sure (and hope) we will see a newly design Spartan next year. And the meantime, all we can do his watch Oton bike at every EWS events and speculate.
    The do and don't you are expecting? Any wishes? suspension linkage change and of course wheels size.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    The "2017 Spartan" thread on PB has a few details, in the last page, from someone who claims to have seen it. Says it's coming at crank works Whistler.

(Edit to change to the correct thread & release date, apologies for the previously wrong info)
    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Groghunter; 06-18-2017 at 12:00 PM.

mtbr member

Say Car Ramrod!!
    Jan 2004
    Very anxious for this bike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself...

mtbr member
    Boost? I hope not.
    Hubbard Bike Club

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFahn View Post
    Boost? I hope not.
    Seriously? Of course it will be. Every model Devinci has made since the Spartan is Boost.

Say Car Ramrod!!
    Jan 2004
    definitely boost

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    definitely boost

Heard anything else? It looks like Damien Oton won Megavalanche on the new Spartan, but of course there are no features on the bike since it isn't released yet.

mtbr member
    There's some Megavalanche coverage on the Devinci site and this pic.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Was hoping for 29''. (don't throw me rocks). A Django with 65 headtube

mtbr member
    Another pic of the bike from Devinci's Mega coverage.Spartan 2018. Let's begin speculation.-spartanv2.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy View Post
    Another pic of the bike from Devinci's Mega coverage.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SpartanV2.jpg 
Views:	1916 
Size:	223.5 KB 
ID:	1146514
    I dig the styling of top/seat tube junction. Also looks like the down tube is a more complicated shape than the previous square profile.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Calm Like a Bomb
    Drain holes at the lower shock mount area. That'll make a few riders happy. As will the water bottle mount.
    '17 Hatchet Carbon
    '17 Troy Carbon
    '16 Django Carbon
    '16 Wilson
    '16 Farley 5

https://www.instagram.com/jayparrington/

Say Car Ramrod!!
    Jan 2004
    That's my next bike

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Any spy photos and details on the 2018 Devinci range? I haven't found anything yet and emails sent to Devinci go unanswered. thanks

mtbr member
    Saw the 2018 dealer book, the Spartan, Django and Troy all are gorgeous, with color schemes and drool worthy builds. Not sure when the release is, but there's a lot to be happy about, including making some of those shorter travel more aggressive.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    Saw the 2018 dealer book, the Spartan, Django and Troy all are gorgeous, with color schemes and drool worthy builds. Not sure when the release is, but there's a lot to be happy about, including making some of those shorter travel more aggressive.
    Nice! So the Django and Troy got a similar remodel like the Spartan?...

mtbr member
    They already have the vertical shock link, so that much hasn't changed, but overall they are both updated with awesome builds and paint schemes.

mtbr member
    Here you go.

DEVINCI

The reach has increased.

165mm back (same) 170mm front (from 160mm).

Supposedly the CS has shrunk.

Downtube protector is Kevlar and built into the frame now but still removable.

Boost f/r.

Fits a 38t ring!

Vertical metric shock. I still don't like the idea of changing to "metric" since there was absolutely no issues with the other way for 25+ years.

You can now lose your water bottles on the trail.

Ttyl, Fahn
    Hubbard Bike Club

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    They surely jump to the expensive $$ side of the market with the Spartan. For the price I paid for my Troy X01 I only can get a GX.

mtbr member
    My 2017 Spartan gx carbon was $4420. With almost the same build (mine had RF rims w/Formula hubs, new one has v2 rims) its $50 cheaper I think.
    Hubbard Bike Club

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFahn View Post
    My 2017 Spartan gx carbon was $4420. With almost the same build (mine had RF rims w/Formula hubs, new one has v2 rims) its $50 cheaper I think.
    I'm not too impressed with the build kits, but I'm still ordering one. Im going for the GX option and I'll sprinkle it with Carbon as I break thing.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Is the carbon Spartan still made in Canada since the chainstays are now carbon as well?

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Anyone been on it yet? Got a review of the gen 2 Spartan?

Ank
    mtbr member
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by EV07 View Post
    Is the carbon Spartan still made in Canada since the chainstays are now carbon as well?
    they never manufactured carbon spartan in canada

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Have one coming, went with the frameset. Parts are starting to show up, hoping to get a tracking # tomorrow.

Can't wait!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahm View Post
    Have one coming, went with the frameset. Parts are starting to show up, hoping to get a tracking # tomorrow.

Can't wait!
    what color did you go with

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by invol2ver View Post

The purple green, a little flashier then I'm used to but, figured it was time to break the cycle of black bikes, also the black colour way is shipping at a later date. Looking like it will be showing up within the next week or so.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahm View Post
    The purple green, a little flashier then I'm used to but, figured it was time to break the cycle of black bikes, also the black colour way is shipping at a later date. Looking like it will be showing up within the next week or so.
    Sick you will have to show it off when you get it. I'm tempted even though I just got another rig haha

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by invol2ver View Post
    Sick you will have to show it off when you get it. I'm tempted even though I just got another rig haha
    Of course, this will be our first "custom" build up, pretty excited.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    seen the purple/green frame today. definitely flashy

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    anybody build one up yet

mtbr member
    I'm supposed to get my frame from the 2nd batch, mid/late-November. Can't wait.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I'm supposed to get my frame from the 2nd batch, mid/late-November. Can't wait.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Sorry for the delay! She's built, just got back from riding her out in downieville.

Went with i9 Pillar 310s, DVO Diamond 110 Boost, Sram Eagle X01/XX1 drivetrain, shwalbe Magic Mary 2.6 addix and hans damph 2.35 addix, MRP guide, 170mm RS post, chromag bar & stem, hope etech v4s w/203s, SDG fly seat.

Spartan 2018. Let's begin speculation.-img_20170915_084926_815.jpg
    Spartan 2018. Let's begin speculation.-img_20170927_003947_722.jpg

mtbr member
    Very nice, looks awesome! I debated it a bit but ended up going with the black.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Well how does it ride man and how do you like that purple?

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Colour wise I'm digging it, wasn't sure I would but in person, but it's stunning. It can be extremely flashy when you look directly at it and the sun hits (or a light source) like in the photos above or it's can be muted blue, green or goldish/sliver.

Rides amazing, feels faster and more stable at speeds, pedals really nice even open it's better then how the old one pedaled (which pedaled well), very stiff. It definitely likes to plow stuff feels closer to a DH bike in a lot of regards but isn't totally dissimilar to how the gen 1 road vs say when I jump on different brand.

Still dialing in the suspension got the big hit stuff really plush better then any other fork/bike I've had, I am still tweaking the small bump compliance (moving in the right direction but there is a learning curve for me after riding exclusively RockShox for quite sometime). Also need to get used riding 800's over 780s whenever I go to wider bars my steering gets a little twitchy for a few rides. Blown away with the hopes as well, was worried it was all hype and style but I had to dial the BCP way back once they set in.

I may tweak a couple things though, I put a 35mm stem on it as I was worried it would feel long with the longer top tube, it's spec'd for a 45 the old one had a 50mm I may go back to the 50mm. I may cut the bars down to 780 and when I can get my hands on a 205mm coil rear I'm making the swap. Couldn't be happier with the wheel and tire combo I can lean it way on it's side with confidence and am digging the wider profile I get from the i9s, the high engagement hubs were a life saver in a lot of the technical climbing we did the next day in south lake tahoe.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    looks rad

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Anybody else from the first batch get any ride time

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Bueller Bueller

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    No updates? Anyone get a new bike and want to give a report?

mtbr member
    My frame should be shipping tomorrow. So, soon...

mtbr member
    Medium black frame with headset cups is 6.67lbs.
    Spartan 2018. Let's begin speculation.-frame-weight.jpg

mtbr member
    So I got it built up last Friday and have a few rides on it now. Still tweaking some of the settings and fit, but so far it's pretty awesome. It's been a little while since I had my first gen Spartan, but pretty much everything is improved - better seat angle, lighter, bottle cage in the front triangle, good, modern Reach numbers. The Super Deluxe feels great and is pretty straightforward to set up. I'm running a 170mm Cane Creek Helm fork, I9 Enduro 305 wheels, 185mm Bike Yoke Revive post, XT brakes and cranks, XTR shifter and rear derailleur, X01 cassette and chain, Maxxis Minion DHF 2.5 front/Aggressor 2.3 rear tires, RF Atlas stem and pedals, and RF Turbine R bars. I'll post up more after I've ridden it more and feel free to ask any questions.Spartan 2018. Let's begin speculation.-angles.jpgSpartan 2018. Let's begin speculation.-backs.jpgSpartan 2018. Let's begin speculation.-sides.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    So I got it built up last Friday and have a few rides on it now. Still tweaking some of the settings and fit, but so far it's pretty awesome. It's been a little while since I had my first gen Spartan, but pretty much everything is improved - better seat angle, lighter, bottle cage in the front triangle, good, modern Reach numbers. The Super Deluxe feels great and is pretty straightforward to set up. I'm running a 170mm Cane Creek Helm fork, I9 Enduro 305 wheels, 185mm Bike Yoke Revive post, XT brakes and cranks, XTR shifter and rear derailleur, X01 cassette and chain, Maxxis Minion DHF 2.5 front/Aggressor 2.3 rear tires, RF Atlas stem and pedals, and RF Turbine R bars. I'll post up more after I've ridden it more and feel free to ask any questions.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AngleS.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	187.1 KB 
ID:	1168575Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BackS.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	198.4 KB 
ID:	1168576Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SideS.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	185.6 KB 
ID:	1168577
    that looks awesome

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    So I got it built up last Friday and have a few rides on it now. Still tweaking some of the settings and fit, but so far it's pretty awesome. It's been a little while since I had my first gen Spartan, but pretty much everything is improved - better seat angle, lighter, bottle cage in the front triangle, good, modern Reach numbers. The Super Deluxe feels great and is pretty straightforward to set up. I'm running a 170mm Cane Creek Helm fork, I9 Enduro 305 wheels, 185mm Bike Yoke Revive post, XT brakes and cranks, XTR shifter and rear derailleur, X01 cassette and chain, Maxxis Minion DHF 2.5 front/Aggressor 2.3 rear tires, RF Atlas stem and pedals, and RF Turbine R bars. I'll post up more after I've ridden it more and feel free to ask any questions.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AngleS.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	187.1 KB 
ID:	1168575Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BackS.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	198.4 KB 
ID:	1168576Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SideS.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	185.6 KB 
ID:	1168577
    How’s the pedaling? Does it have any pop? I only got a parking lot pedal and it felt really dh.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I just got my Spartan frame and built in up. Not completely done been it's standing. I noticed that when I lift the bike up and put it down there is a knocking sound coming from the frame. I've pinpointed it to the rear shock lower bushing/bearing. Seems like there is some play there and everytime I lift the bike up and put it down, it moves a little vertocally and makes the sound. Anyone else experience this with theirs?

I haven't dismantled the shock but I doubt that can do anything. Seems like the bolt and the bushing do not match in terms of diameter.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by john85D View Post
    I just got my Spartan frame and built in up. Not completely done been it's standing. I noticed that when I lift the bike up and put it down there is a knocking sound coming from the frame. I've pinpointed it to the rear shock lower bushing/bearing. Seems like there is some play there and everytime I lift the bike up and put it down, it moves a little vertocally and makes the sound. Anyone else experience this with theirs?

I haven't dismantled the shock but I doubt that can do anything. Seems like the bolt and the bushing do not match in terms of diameter.
    Not a problem with mine. Have you checked the lower shock mount bolt torque? It could be as simple as it being a little loose.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I just removed the shock and checked. If you put the bolt through the lower bushing, and wiggle it perpendicularly to the hole, there is some movement. Isn't is supposed to have almost zero movement?

Having said that, when I reassembled and tightened it down good, the movement and knocking sound was gone. But I'm still wondering how much play should the bolt have inside the bushing. I have a video, just have to figure out how to post it here. Hehe.

I don't know if this will work but here it is:
    https://drive.google.com/a/deeconpremier.com/file/d/12xNOvIjHA01y_9Z7J5wC5e2ovEPMJmqS/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/a/deeconpremier.com/file/d/1wQKOmYhfic6nTi2tfMPDRObNhXvn9wCd/view?usp=drivesdk