_

Ride Video - Devinci Troy

I posted this in the "All Mountain" thread as well, but it definitely applies to this section of the forum so I posted it here too...

Video I made today. On my new Devinci Troy. Behind the scenes info - I misjudged how much water I needed to bring and ended up getting a major dehydration/heat headache and almost passing out. First day in the 90's here in Pennsylvania (95 degrees with high humidity, in fact). Not really looking forward to the summer weather...

Anyway, enjoy the video! Be patient, it gets good after halfway. I just wanted to show the climb that makes the downhill possible.

The bike:
    Ride Video - Devinci Troy-photo-2.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Very cool. Thanks for sharing. How do you like the Float X with the Troy? I've been wondering how that would work. It seems like everyone either goes with the float factory, monarch, or CCDBA.

mtbr member
    Nicely put together, the bike looks great and you're clearly enjoying it!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Nice edit. Where trail is that you are riding? I am a Troy owner in SE PA and don't see any other Devincis around

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Bike looks great. What part of PA are you in and what trail is that in the vid? How does it handle the tight singletrack? Looking at some 27.5's now. May make the jump from a 26.
    LOVE THE RIDE!

mtbr member
    Beautiful work on the video man. Thanks for sharing!
    2017 Stumpy 29 FSR Carbon/2016 YT Capra Al

_
    Quote Originally Posted by tokarsky268 View Post
    Very cool. Thanks for sharing. How do you like the Float X with the Troy? I've been wondering how that would work. It seems like everyone either goes with the float factory, monarch, or CCDBA.
    I love the Float X on the bike. It's broken in now and there is a notably positive performance difference from the Monarch that comes stock with the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by squads View Post
    Nice edit. Where trail is that you are riding? I am a Troy owner in SE PA and don't see any other Devincis around
    This is trail is at a little piece of woods in Evansburg State Park. Collegeville, PA area. It's a small network of trails there (this one in the video is pretty well hidden) but it is close to my house and hilly enough that you can actually get some more sustained downhills.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker64 View Post
    Bike looks great. What part of PA are you in and what trail is that in the vid? How does it handle the tight singletrack? Looking at some 27.5's now. May make the jump from a 26.
    I'm in the greater Philadelphia area. Phoenixville, PA to be exact. The 27.5" wheel is an awesome all-around wheel size. It's exactly what they say about it - slightly more rollover than 26, but not sluggish in turns or very tight trails like a 29. The wheel is actually only slightly larger than a 26" wheel; it's not exactly "halfway" between 26 & 29. I'd say go for it... I'm loving mine and I came from riding 26's.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Good video, and nice bike! Thanks for sharing and enjoy!

mtbr member
    The downhill is the payoff! I understand about the dehydration. It has been just as hot here. On day I know I am going to ride I drink extra and add some Gatorade in.

-Brett
    Visit my Youtube channel for lots of DH and XC videos!
    2014 Devinci Troy Carbon
    2011 Spec Demo 8
    GoPro HD Hero

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    so thats what buff, forest singletrack looks like - VERY nice!! cool vid and nice work on the riding!

_
    Quote Originally Posted by kamper11 View Post
    so thats what buff, forest singletrack looks like - VERY nice!! cool vid and nice work on the riding!
    The thicker, and greener, the better as far as I'm concerned

Thanks everyone for the positive comments!