Thread: Hendrix sizing

mtbr member

Hendrix sizing

Ok so there are seemingly only a few people out there that actually have the Hendrix, but how does everyone feel about the sizing?

I am 5'11.5 and the Devinci sizing chart says Large, which I would normally agree with, but it seems really long and the wheelbase is getting up there.

Thoughts?

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    I'm 5'10" with a short inseam and long torso. I've got a large Troy, and my wife has a medium Hendrix. I've found that I like the geometry of her Hendrix much more than my Troy. That being said I've not been on the large Hendrix.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I just rented one for a day. I wasn't sure if I needed a Large or XL. The guy said "they run small", and it seemed like the case. I'm 6' 2" 35" inseam. I rented the XL and it was fine, but maybe even on the smallish side for me. I have ordered an XL. Sorry don't have much input on the smaller sizes.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Curious about the sizing too since I don't have a local dealer to test fit. I did ride both a Pony Rustler and Bad Habit in size large and they both felt right compared to a medium Bad Habit. I'm 5'10 and seem to fall right in the middle of medium/large on Devinci's recommendation but logic tells me large.

mtbr member
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by wankel View Post
    Ok so there are seemingly only a few people out there that actually have the Hendrix, but how does everyone feel about the sizing?

I am 5'11.5 and the Devinci sizing chart says Large, which I would normally agree with, but it seems really long and the wheelbase is getting up there.

Thoughts?
    I'm 5'10 with 32'' inseems, I own a Medium frame Hendrix and it is just perfect for me. At 5'11.5'' it is a large frame required for sure.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mdh1975 View Post
    Curious about the sizing too since I don't have a local dealer to test fit. I did ride both a Pony Rustler and Bad Habit in size large and they both felt right compared to a medium Bad Habit. I'm 5'10 and seem to fall right in the middle of medium/large on Devinci's recommendation but logic tells me large.
    I'm 178cm (5'10) with long torso and short legs. I'm running a Large, and would not go down a size.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I'm 6 foot and got the XL frame. I am really happy with the way it fits me. The bike rides extremely well.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    If you use another Devinci model as a size reference, only the updated Troy and Django apply; avoid the original Troy and - especially - the Spartan, as they fit shorter than newer Devincis.

The geometry chart makes it seem unusually long, but, at 6', I felt the Large wasn't especially large and would prefer an XL. That's probably a combination of my fondness for a long front-centre and a steep seat tube angle, which reduces the cockpit length.

You could use a layback post and slam the saddle back on the rails if you prefer the old-school, laid-back position, but I'm a big fan of the new, steep seat tube angles, so I recommend you leave your hips in the bike's forward position and size up on the frame.
    Last edited by R-M-R; 07-04-2016 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Accuracy