mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Django 29 owners. what size frame?

Gonna buy a Django 29 frame in a couple weeks. Can"t decide on a medium or large. Riding a large evil following with a reach of 17.3 and it does"nt seem that long to me.The medium Django also has a reach of 17.3 so I'm leaning toward a large Django. I'm 5ft 10 was looking for some info. thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    At 5'10, you could probably ride either depending on your preferences, barring any limb abnormalities you haven't mentioned.

mtbr member
    I'd agree with Udyr that you could go either way and are probably right at the split for medium/large. I'm 5'9" and I'd choose the medium because I don't have extremely long arms.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I am about 5'9" or so, 32" ish inseam, but with a short torso (16") and reeeeally long arms. I have a substantial plus ape index. Think orangutan. Anyway, I tried both the medium and the large, I went with the large and I'm very happy. It feels great on regular rolling singletrack. On steep descents there have been a few times when the shorter reach of the medium would have been preferable, but I was realistic about what I'm riding now, and what I'll be riding over the next 5-10 years as I breach the 50 age

I'm on a stock GX, alloy version. Oh and I have their little headset spacer installed under the head tube, but I might swap that out in favour of changing the fork travel to 140.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    What's going on with 'modern' frame sizing? I have a Banshee Phantom (M) that measures the same size as a small Django when you compare the top tube, reach, stack, and angles they're are really close. Within a few mm, and 0.5 degrees on the angles. It's not like the Phantom is exactly a small bike either.

Interested in hearing about other people's experience with the Django 29 on tight singletrack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I purchased a large. With 50mm stem and 780 flat bars it's perfect. The reach and stack was spot on! I'm 5'10" with 32" pant and rode large frame Evil the Following.