Results 1 to 38 of 38
  1. #1
    dmo
    dmo is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    623

    Devinci Troy vs Yeti SB5C

    I posted this in the Yeti forum as well but thought maybe there would be less biased responses here. If you were going to get one 27.5 AM bike which would you pick?

  2. #2
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,895
    If you desire the exclusivity of unicorn farts, go with the twin-wanker Yeti frame. The Troy seems to be having quite a following here and the carbon frame can be had for much less $. I would also look at the Solo.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: IPunchCholla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    521
    Which models are you looking at. I went with the Carbon Troy XP (2014), but that was compared to the SB75. I liked the ride on the troy better. Plus you get a lot more bike for the same amount of money. Now compared to the 5C, I am sure the suspension is not quite as nice on the troy when it comes to large square edge hits. That being said, I am super happy with the bikes performance overall. I run both the Pike and the Fox CTD wide open (the Fox in descend) all the time. Never take it out and the bike still has an amazing pedaling platform. The small bump compliance is brilliant and it eats large chunk very smoothly. The one flaw is it can get a bit vague in fast, sustained large chunk, so if you are doing long descents at speed over helmet sized rocks, the suspension is not ideal.

    Because of the platform though, the bike is super fast out of corners and is really very responsive. I love it for climbing and it more than meets my needs for coming down (lots of high speed technical with some 2-3.5 foot drops here and there).

    Really, I would say go ride them, if possible. I would also put the Nomad and/or Bronson in the mix, along with the Spartan.
    2014 Devinci Troy Carbon XP

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    507
    If you're looking for AM, the 5c and the Troy might not meet your descending needs. They are both trail bikes, as good up as down. AM, unless I am off the mark, is a bit better going down at the expense of some uphill prowess. If that describes what you're looking for, I second giving a look at Nomad/Bronson/Spartan.

  5. #5
    dmo
    dmo is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    623
    I hear ya. I'm actually looking at all those bikes. My LBS is trying to set up a demo of the Spartan/Troy. They don't sell Santa Cruz though so other than a parking lot ride I did at another shop it might be tough to get extended saddle time on a Nomad or Bronson. Then there is the SB6C. There are so many great bikes out there now it makes picking just one difficult. Makes me think of a line from an old movie I like, "....there can be only one."

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by dmo View Post
    I hear ya. I'm actually looking at all those bikes. My LBS is trying to set up a demo of the Spartan/Troy. They don't sell Santa Cruz though so other than a parking lot ride I did at another shop it might be tough to get extended saddle time on a Nomad or Bronson. Then there is the SB6C. There are so many great bikes out there now it makes picking just one difficult. Makes me think of a line from an old movie I like, "....there can be only one."
    A fantastic problem to have to be sure. You're on the right track with the demo though. Numbers tell you a lot, but until you physically get a bike out on the trai, it's not the whole story. Especially when dropping that kind of coin, being thorough is key

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TrickkyGangsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    44
    If I had the money I'd buy a Yeti SB5c. Devinci doesn't really do much for me ... if it wasn't a Yeti I'd go Santa Cruz. Even Intense, Niner, Giant, (and well many others) all would come before a Devinci.

  8. #8
    dmo
    dmo is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    623
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickkyGangsta View Post
    If I had the money I'd buy a Yeti SB5c. Devinci doesn't really do much for me ... if it wasn't a Yeti I'd go Santa Cruz. Even Intense, Niner, Giant, (and well many others) all would come before a Devinci.
    What is it about Devinci that makes you feel that way? Is there some major trait that puts them behind all those other bikes?

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickkyGangsta View Post
    If I had the money I'd buy a Yeti SB5c. Devinci doesn't really do much for me ... if it wasn't a Yeti I'd go Santa Cruz. Even Intense, Niner, Giant, (and well many others) all would come before a Devinci.
    Does Devinci at least get the nod over the Next bike from Wal Mart?

  10. #10
    gravity fighter
    Reputation: Mikecito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    546
    Did Devinci steal your girlfriend?

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    320
    I did have the money and bought a Troy no regret 's

    Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk
    2014 Devinci Carbon Troy Xp
    2015 Mongoose Vinson Fat bike

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,421
    Quote Originally Posted by dmo View Post
    What is it about Devinci that makes you feel that way? Is there some major trait that puts them behind all those other bikes?
    Every bike listed is a dual short-linkage suspension. VPP, CVA, Maestro.

    Split pivot is a single pivot. Perhaps a single pivot design cannot climb, pedal, descend... do-it-all. Perhaps a single pivot misrepresenting itself as "split pivot" (i.e. not single pivot) is not merely inferior but is that thing even worse: a wannabe.

    I don't share those views of course. I've got a Yeti SB66 and a Devinci Spartan. I used to have a Dixon. The Yeti geometry was always better than the Dixon: longer; lower. The Spartan matches that geometry and takes it a bit further. The Troy has the geometry but not the travel.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4
    That is definitely a tough choice. I'm currently riding a Troy and have been for the last 6 months or so but the Yeti is one of the few bikes I would consider trading the Troy in for. When we picked up Yeti I was seriously considering switching to the SB5C but the price alone is what scared me away.

    I haven't gotten to see one of the SB5Cs in person yet so I can't speak to build quality or how it rides but I'm sure both are top notch. The Troy would be hard bike to beat though, the bike just climbs so well, and descends like it has a lot more than 140mm of rear travel. I've taken mine to bike parks and turned around and taken it on 45 mile ride the next day.
    I think a lot of IPunchCholla's experience in it not being the best in sustained chuck from the Fox shock that is on his bike. I've ridden the Troy with the Fox, RS, and DB Air and the Fox just doesn't compare to the other two. The Fox wallowed in the mid stroke and would blow through travel unless setup super stiff. I had that same experience with the Fox on the SB75 I rode as well. I don't seem to have those same problems with the RS Monarch, and certainly not with the Cane Creek. The Devinci's build quality just seems to be a step above most other brands out there as well, and you can't beat their lifetime warranty.

    With all that said, the SB5C is a VERY worthy competitor and price aside I'm not sure which one I would pick. I'm curious how the Yeti and the Switch will hold up in the long term, I'm sure it's fine but definitely something I would think about.

  14. #14
    Rocks belong
    Reputation: 06HokieMTB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,407
    Quote Originally Posted by petercarm View Post
    Every bike listed is a dual short-linkage suspension. VPP, CVA, Maestro.

    Split pivot is a single pivot.
    And Split-Pivot/ABP it is a single pivot that descends wonderfully.

    My buddy has a Enduro'd out Bronson (36, Float X) and when he throws a leg over my bike, he cannot believe how plush an SP/ABP rear end is and how well it pedals.

    For me, personally, I like dual-link's for shorter travel XC bikes and SP/ABP for longer travel AM bikes.
    I like 'em long, low, slack and playful

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TrickkyGangsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by dmo View Post
    What is it about Devinci that makes you feel that way? Is there some major trait that puts them behind all those other bikes?
    Maybe it's my lack of knowledge of Devinci ... I don't know nothing about the company ... seems like a respectably built product but that's bout it. Nothing seems particularly special about the design itself ... nice components, nice design, but a lot of manufacturers have a product to compete against it at that price point. I mean why not just get a Trek Slash and save yourself some cash?

    Yeti on the other hand seems to be constantly pushing innovation in the sport. The Yeti SB5C is revolutionary. It's a unique design from a very well respected high end bike designer ... it's unlike anything you can buy anywhere.

    As far as the others that would come before Devinci ... that comes from my respect for their designs that they have brought to the sport. Again maybe this is because I don't know Devinci as anything but another brand but brands like Yeti and Santa Cruz are seemingly passionate about the sport and progressing it.

    Also don't get me wrong ... the Troy looks like a great bike ... it really has a nice setup ... but the frame itself seems like nothing revolutionary or new ... for that price point I'd want revolutionary and new. Heck for the 3K price point I want revolutionary and new lol.

    That all said ... if you can ... get out and demo these bikes ... I'm sure one will be the clear winner.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TrickkyGangsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by tokarsky268 View Post
    Does Devinci at least get the nod over the Next bike from Wal Mart?
    LOL a huge nod over anything from Wallyworld! It looks like a fantastic ride that I'd love to have ... just if I had like 8K to blow on my next ride ... I'd spend it elsewhere.

  17. #17
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,895
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickkyGangsta View Post
    It's a unique design from a very well respected high end bike designer ... it's unlike anything you can buy anywhere.
    This is the problem with you Yeti fanbois - you believe in unicorn farts.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TrickkyGangsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by StiHacka View Post
    This is the problem with you Yeti fanbois - you believe in unicorn farts.
    LOL ... I do admit I am a Yeti fanboy ... but I can give a nod to many companies. Yeti is among many very well respected high end bike designers who make unique products.

    You have to admit ... the suspension design on the SB5C is completely revolutionary and nothing around is built like it.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickkyGangsta View Post
    LOL ... I do admit I am a Yeti fanboy ... but I can give a nod to many companies. Yeti is among many very well respected high end bike designers who make unique products.

    You have to admit ... the suspension design on the SB5C is completely revolutionary and nothing around is built like it.
    If I was gonna spend 8Gs on a bike, I probably wouldn't go with the Troy. That being said, I had 3.5g at the absolute top of my budget. For that I got a carbon frame, pike, kashima, and a lifetime warranty on a brand you don't see much of in my area. Bang for your buck wise, its tough to beat.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: IPunchCholla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickkyGangsta View Post
    LOL ... I do admit I am a Yeti fanboy ... but I can give a nod to many companies. Yeti is among many very well respected high end bike designers who make unique products.

    You have to admit ... the suspension design on the SB5C is completely revolutionary and nothing around is built like it.
    It is completely unique.... revolutionary? I am not so sure. Don't get me wrong, I respect Yeti's bikes but even in the threads in their own forum, many people seem to believe that the switch technology in general is a solution looking for a problem, in that it doesn't provide any huge benefits performance wise over other short link suspension systems and that the switch infinity in particular is simply fixing a flaw with the previous design (a knock at the point where the bearing reverses) and does not add anything to the performance of the suspension directly. That being said, I respect their ethos and R&D.

    Santa Cruz makes great bikes but how are they pushing the designs? Their suspension is licensed from another manufacturer. I really like VPP and put it about equal to Yeti's switch systems.

    I got a Devinci Troy because for $3100 out the door I got a Pike, carbon frame, and 150mm/140mm suspension n a platform that is the best pedaler of all the bikes I rode, very plush on the descents (though I would give the nod to the Tracer 275 here by a hair, but I thought it was better than the Yeti SB75).

    I understand wanting to support companies that do R&D, but for value Devinci is hard to beat. Also, as a side note, Devinci makes all their own aluminum frames in Canada and they do have their own Carbon R&D/prototyping facility there as well. But I am not brand loyal at all, so most likely my next bike is whoever can get me the best value for my money as well.
    2014 Devinci Troy Carbon XP

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TrickkyGangsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by tokarsky268 View Post
    If I was gonna spend 8Gs on a bike, I probably wouldn't go with the Troy. That being said, I had 3.5g at the absolute top of my budget. For that I got a carbon frame, pike, kashima, and a lifetime warranty on a brand you don't see much of in my area. Bang for your buck wise, its tough to beat.
    Seems like you got a great deal for a great bike. I'm sure if I were buying in that range I'd give Divinci a look as well. I just bought a SB-75 recently ... absolutely love it. My second choice would have been a Santa Cruz Bronson. My love of Yeti pushed me to the SB-75 and I absolutely love it ... it's the best bike I've ever ridden (and I've demoed much, much more expensive bikes (by the thousands) for what I ride.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TrickkyGangsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by IPunchCholla View Post
    It is completely unique.... revolutionary? I am not so sure. Don't get me wrong, I respect Yeti's bikes but even in the threads in their own forum, many people seem to believe that the switch technology in general is a solution looking for a problem, in that it doesn't provide any huge benefits performance wise over other short link suspension systems and that the switch infinity in particular is simply fixing a flaw with the previous design (a knock at the point where the bearing reverses) and does not add anything to the performance of the suspension directly. That being said, I respect their ethos and R&D.

    Santa Cruz makes great bikes but how are they pushing the designs? Their suspension is licensed from another manufacturer. I really like VPP and put it about equal to Yeti's switch systems.

    I got a Devinci Troy because for $3100 out the door I got a Pike, carbon frame, and 150mm/140mm suspension n a platform that is the best pedaler of all the bikes I rode, very plush on the descents (though I would give the nod to the Tracer 275 here by a hair, but I thought it was better than the Yeti SB75).

    I understand wanting to support companies that do R&D, but for value Devinci is hard to beat. Also, as a side note, Devinci makes all their own aluminum frames in Canada and they do have their own Carbon R&D/prototyping facility there as well. But I am not brand loyal at all, so most likely my next bike is whoever can get me the best value for my money as well.
    It absolutely is rider preference. For me I would choose the SB series over a carbon Troy ... I feel the performance of the suspension is unlike ANYTHING I've ever ridden. It seems for some other riders, they may choose having a carbon frame to be more important to them for weight on the trail. But that is all personal preference.

    I'm not looking to defend the switch infinity (I realize it was correcting flaws in it's first design but isn't this how all innovation works? I mean new suspension forks or derailleurs that fix issues with previous designs come out all the time) but personally I don't think Yeti should cancel the regular sb line ... would I like an infinity ... sure but not for 8K. The regular line gives me the small bump compliance I want without spending a fortune ... and that small bump compliance makes a huge difference, to me, in my ride.

    Sometimes value is more than just getting nice components or nice specs for cheap ... there is other things that play in to how a bike will work for a rider and what is a good value for a bike.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TrickkyGangsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    44
    I think everyone should know I'm not attacking Devinci or the Troy ... I just would prefer the Yeti over the Devinci for my riding style. The Troy seems like a great bike for a great price but I personally would rather have a SB5C because of the benefits and features it offers over a Troy.

  24. #24
    telemarc
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    293
    I just bought a SB5 on my way down from Canada and although it is still in the car and I have not been able to ride yet as we are traveling I am super excited. That being said I live in the Comox valley where most have not heard of Yeti and there are happy Devinci riders all over the Cumberland trails. I will say most of my friends and the riders I know do not have 7 grand to fork out for a bike so are riding Devinci's and Giants.Which we consider the best bang for the buck. I had a 2015 Trance SX on order but it did not show before we left so I wound uo picking up the Yeti this week. I am sure I would have been just as happy with the SX once I built it up the way I wanted . At 3300 Cad for a XO1 build Trance with a pike there would have been 4000 for building.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    126
    devinci troy runs kind of heavy for a carbon frame.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,421

    Re: Devinci Troy vs Yeti SB5C

    Quote Originally Posted by nexttozen View Post
    devinci troy runs kind of heavy for a carbon frame.
    Considering "strong, light, cheap, pick two", what weight would you consider acceptable?

    Have I got it right at 6.07lbs with shock? For the price you're getting a lot of strength and a lot of stiffness, with a lifetime materials and workmanship warranty.

    Sent from my GT-N5120 using Tapatalk 2

  27. #27
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,895
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickkyGangsta View Post
    You have to admit ... the suspension design on the SB5C is completely revolutionary and nothing around is built like it.
    That's the thing - it really is not. The mechanical execution is special, I will give you that - and by special I mean weird. Other than that, it is yet another virtual pivot suspension design whose main motivation was not to infringe any existing patents.

    And this is a major meh for me: Yeti SB5C 27.5'' 2015 - Linkage Design

  28. #28
    the new Gilbert Grape
    Reputation: laffeaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,850
    Quote Originally Posted by StiHacka View Post
    That's the thing - it really is not. The mechanical execution is special, I will give you that - and by special I mean weird. Other than that, it is yet another virtual pivot suspension design whose main motivation was not to infringe any existing patents.

    And this is a major meh for me: Yeti SB5C 27.5'' 2015 - Linkage Design
    I test rode an SB5 at a Yeti demo, and it's a fun bike. I still think the price is a might high (hopefully a frame-only option is more reasonable), but as far as ride goes, it's hard to beat.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

  29. #29
    Trail Ninja
    Reputation: Varaxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,701
    What's so meh about the linkage analysis? Yeti's seems to have recognized that higher brake squat is good for keeping a rider naturally in a forward/centered position when on the brakes, rather than behind the saddle which a bike with lower brake squat would promote. Yeti aimed for it on their latest designs it seems, looking at the linkage analysis for their other models. Higher brake squat helps when the trail's pointed steeply downhill too--Fabien Barel specifically asked for more when he was on Kona in his World Champs era. Less wallow in the midstroke than the 5010, more anti-squat (yet not too much), negligible kickback, and a leverage ratio curve that makes for less complex and more intuitive air shock tuning. Hard to hit all those parameters, getting it as close to perfect as it gets, on fitting it all into an attractive package that rides as well as it looks.

    The design allows them to have 2 spars, like the new Nomad, connecting both the driveside and non-driveside rear triangles together, which contributes to its confidence inspiring ride. The tube diameters are larger, with a helluva lot of stiffness in the BB area. The center of gravity seems concentrated low and around the BB. Santa Cruz instead seems to play the lay-up game, creating stiffness from extra plies of carbon and/or higher modulus carbon, thinking thicker tubing is more durable against impacts. Yeti instead goes with Giant's impact resistant resin for that kind of strength. Their geo is a lot diff. The Yeti seems like it's more at home on the higher speed open stuff. The shock tune likely reflects the different styles as well. Looks to be an easier riding bike with relatively high stability. They really pushed their technology to the limit to get it to weigh as little as it does, yet still offer that 5 year warranty. That Santa Cruz 5010 got great reviews, as did the Bronson and Nomad... what's inferior to them on the Yeti? Lack of angleset compatibility, PF30, post mount rear brake, lack of bottle mount inside, and price? Some of those might be considered pluses, to get a lower stack height (ZS lower cup), more crank compatibility (they use Praxis's BB, which is reputed to be the most creak-proof solution), and PM rear is better if weight is a concern (less hardware). The price and lack of bottle are downsides that can't be argued, that likely are the 2 main things that keep it from being 5/5 star in reviews.

    Take a look at a bike with lower brake squat, like the Cube Stereo line (as low as 30%). You'll commonly see pictures of the test riders way behind the saddle. https://www.google.com/search?q=Cube...eview&tbm=isch

    Bottom line, the SB5c is often compared to the best in class and is often praised by test riders who have ridden much of the best out there, impressed by its ride qualities. It's a matter of whether or not you are serious enough that you want to buy one of the best or spend a little less and get a solid performer, and use that leftover cash for something else that you value. I don't know, but there's something about riding and owning a top of the line bike, such as the SB5c. You might not be able to date a hot model nor afford a Lamborghini, but you might get that feeling of pleasure with the Yeti. I bet it will satisfy even peoples' mid-life crisis.

  30. #30
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaxis View Post
    I bet it will satisfy even peoples' mid-life crisis.
    ^ True, especially when they believe that the suspension design on the SB5C is completely revolutionary and nothing around is built like it.

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,562
    We'll see. Stay tuned. T minus 2 days until Outerbike.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TrickkyGangsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by StiHacka View Post
    That's the thing - it really is not. The mechanical execution is special, I will give you that - and by special I mean weird. Other than that, it is yet another virtual pivot suspension design whose main motivation was not to infringe any existing patents.

    And this is a major meh for me: Yeti SB5C 27.5'' 2015 - Linkage Design
    Playa hate all you want brother ... you're not hurting my feelings any. You don't like em you don't like em. But don't go all internet troll potato patato on me.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TrickkyGangsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    44
    SB5C made the list dmo ... some other great bikes there as well.

    The 10 Hottest Enduro Bikes from Interbike 2014 | Singletracks Mountain Bike Blog

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickkyGangsta View Post
    I think everyone should know I'm not attacking Devinci or the Troy ... I just would prefer the Yeti over the Devinci for my riding style. The Troy seems like a great bike for a great price but I personally would rather have a SB5C because of the benefits and features it offers over a Troy.

    Everyone's certainly entitled to their opinions. Certainly respect yours. It was just kind of peculiar how strongly you seemed to dislike them.

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TrickkyGangsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by tokarsky268 View Post
    Everyone's certainly entitled to their opinions. Certainly respect yours. It was just kind of peculiar how strongly you seemed to dislike them.
    Yeah ... I guess that's one problem with text ... it's tough to gauge/relay emotion. I definitely didn't mean to come off that way.

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickkyGangsta View Post
    Yeah ... I guess that's one problem with text ... it's tough to gauge/relay emotion. I definitely didn't mean to come off that way.
    It's all good man. We're all just looking for the stoke and psyched on riding. Have a great one.

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pulpwoody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    428
    [QUOTE=TrickkyGangsta;11485053]Maybe it's my lack of knowledge of Devinci ... I don't know nothing about the company ... seems like a respectably built product but that's bout it. Nothing seems particularly special about the design itself ... nice components, nice design, but a lot of manufacturers have a product to compete against it at that price point. I mean why not just get a Trek Slash and save yourself some cash?

    I can say that Devinici's customer service is fantastic, and hell, the frame has a lifetime warranty! Not many people doing that anymore.

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BeanMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,184
    I demoed both bikes and ended up buying a...Santa Cruz 5010 V2. It just seemed to fit me like a glove.

Similar Threads

  1. Yeti SB5C / Switch Infinity
    By burndtjamb in forum Yeti
    Replies: 1018
    Last Post: 04-01-2017, 12:17 AM
  2. Yeti SB5c vs SB6c?
    By dglove in forum Yeti
    Replies: 174
    Last Post: 12-05-2016, 08:49 AM
  3. devinci troy?
    By RosedaleReaper in forum Devinci
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 03-14-2016, 05:55 AM
  4. Devinci Troy vs SB5C
    By dmo in forum Devinci
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-24-2014, 02:52 PM
  5. RM Altitude 730 vs Troy Devinci XP
    By axcooper in forum Devinci
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-28-2014, 10:53 PM

Members who have read this thread: 10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •