Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: devinci troy?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

devinci troy?

i was told by a devinci dealer in lake tahoe city that the "troy" is a 650b specific bike that is to be introduced at interbike and available soon. im assuming that this will/is an "all mountain" geo design. anyone have any other info on this? i was leaning towards a norco sight, but i like the DW link, and supposedly, the devinci is made in Canada, even the carbon models.

any other info appreciated

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Trail Ninja
    Spec E29c
    Niner ROS9 SS
    Trek Crockett

Be part of the solution, not the pollution.

Trail Ninja
    pinkbike has the article previewing the Troy published now: Devinci's New 650B Troy - First Look - Pinkbike

Steve Smith is racing on it at Crankworx Air DH race, which is going on now. He said he had 1 day on it and was instantly adjusted to it.

Limited time live broadcast: Watch Live: Fox Air DH - Video | Red Bull Bike
    Spec E29c
    Niner ROS9 SS
    Trek Crockett

Trail Ninja
    Wow, it was a good race between the last few 10 riders in each category, but Stevie won. Stevie was on the gas hard at the end, pedaling where many others weren't. Redbull was only covering the bottom section and he didn't seem to have a "split" that was any better than the other riders out of the wooded section. Having watched it all, I have to say the difference between the top 3 and the rest of the finishers were definitely the riders and their attitude and determination. Remarkable that he won on the bike right after he got it, without much practice on the course, though he did win it last year with a time of 4:07, saying that there wasn't much different about the course except for a few spots and how beat up the track is.
    Spec E29c
    Niner ROS9 SS
    Trek Crockett

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    awesome, thanks for the info.
    i hope they demo this bike at interbike, just what im looking for

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Devinci nailed it, talk about street cred... winning the air dh in it's debut

it will be a tough choice between the Troy and the carbon Norco Sight Killer B for my next bike.

Trail Ninja
    Big win for Devinci here, with Nick Beer in 3rd (not on the Troy). Those pre-orders are probably already coming in.
    Spec E29c
    Niner ROS9 SS
    Trek Crockett

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    rode the troy aluminum today at the outdoor demo; preorder in progress. the rep and another rider (who rode the carbon medium, i rode the large Al) commented that the carbon version was "livelier". The geo and rider positioning is just what i am looking for.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Can you tell me more about the ride? Have you been able to ride the new Pivot Mach 6 too?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    i didnt ride the pivot. i wanted to, as well as the norco sight, but i got there a little late and the larges were being demoed. the troy had a pike, which worked very well, plush. no pedal bob when climbing but good low speed compliance. i am coming from an ellsworth moment, with a 650b front wheel; the troy was more fun. well balanced. worked well with a 50mm stem. with riding a new bike to me, and trails that i am not familiar with, it still was a big winner.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

devinci troy?

The troys are on devinci's website now. They look great. However, I'm confused by the specs on the carbon models. There is $100 difference between the two upper range bikes.

mtbr member
    May 2006

devinci troy?

The $100 difference is X01 1x11 or X0 2x10.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilsern View Post
    The $100 difference is X01 1x11 or X0 2x10.
    Yeah, I noticed that. It just seems more logical to me for them to offer a more affordable 2x10 specced bike priced between where these two are at now and the lower end bike. Bit they're the experts I suppose

mtbr member
    May 2006

devinci troy?

There is a RC carbon model too, SLX/XT mix.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Can anyone tell me what is the shock length (eye to eye and stroke) on the troy?
    And is it an integrated headset?
    Is there any way to put an angleset on this? Changing the headset cups?
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gregmazo View Post
    Thanks.
    Not integrated. ZS44/ZS56 headtube and yes, you can put an angleset on it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gregmazo View Post
    Can anyone tell me what is the shock length (eye to eye and stroke) on the troy?
    Thanks.
    The shock length is 200mm eye to eye and the stroke is 51mm.

And yes it's integrated. DEVINCI

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo23 View Post
    And yes it's integrated. DEVINCI
    You are correct. Sorry for the misinformation.

mtbr member
    The shock length is 200mm eye to eye and the stroke is 51mm.
    sorry for a Noob question...so in other words sizing is 7.785X2.0 am i correct?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lazymuf View Post
    sorry for a Noob question...so in other words sizing is 7.785X2.0 am i correct?
    Yep, that's it.

My Atlas is my favorite bike and am thinking about getting a Troy. I am very disappointed that they put an integrated headset on Troy. In this day of anglesets, not giving your customer a chance to fine tune the HA is inexcusable. If I wanted a road bike headset I would buy a road bike. I won't even go into the press fit BB. The carbon and red Troy is gorgeous and I like the split-pivot but will probably end up with a Bronson or Heckler due to the fact that it has a threaded BB and a real headset.

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip D View Post
    Yep, that's it.

My Atlas is my favorite bike and am thinking about getting a Troy. I am very disappointed that they put an integrated headset on Troy. In this day of anglesets, not giving your customer a chance to fine tune the HA is inexcusable. If I wanted a road bike headset I would buy a road bike. I won't even go into the press fit BB. The carbon and red Troy is gorgeous and I like the split-pivot but will probably end up with a Bronson or Heckler due to the fact that it has a threaded BB and a real headset.
    You're confusing me. Why are these dealbreakers?

EDIT; so the headtube is FULL integrated? Yeah, kinda weird...

Pressfit's a problem because why?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

mtbr member
    The Troy and the Atlas use an integrated headset. There are no cups, the bearings sit directly in the frame. This headset is common on road bikes and no one makes an angleset for it. The only reason I can think of using this standard is that it is a few grams lighter due to the lack of cups but that is a really gimmicky thing to do.

Press fit BB vs threaded BB is simple. PF BB is $50+ and throw the old one in the trash to replace vs $15 set of bearings and the old ones go in the metal recycling. My third BB is creaking like crazy. In all my years of MTBing, I've never had a BB creak.

It may not sound like it, but I am huge Devinci fanboy and they have been very good to me over the years with great customer service. I have owned a Dexter and an Atlas and both are great bikes but their are a lot of great bikes out there now. For the first time in a few years, I no longer have a Devinci as I have switched over Santa Cruz for the geometry and component standards.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip D View Post
    ...PF BB is $50+ and throw the old one in the trash to replace vs $15 set of bearings and the old ones go in the metal recycling.

I ordered the Enduro PF92 bb : PRESS-IN MTB BOTTOM BRACKET FROM REAL WORLD CYCLING . I -think- this design with the aluminum cups and standard bearings will allow replacement of just the bearings. This will be my first experience with press fit bottom brackets and can't say I'm really looking forward to it.

JNG
    mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by curbhuck View Post
    Devinci nailed it, talk about street cred... winning the air dh in it's debut

it will be a tough choice between the Troy and the carbon Norco Sight Killer B for my next bike.
    I was really pumped about the Troy (I have a Dexter) but after comparing with the Norco Carbon Sight Killer B I am starting to lean more towards that bike. One thing that has me concerned about the Troy is the very large holes for the cable routing. The Norco Sight has the cables holes buttoned up nicely to keep dirt and water from getting in and working its way down to the bottom bracket:

Best Bike at Norco: Sight LE Carbon - Pinkbike

The Dexter has issues with fine grit getting in some of the pivots. When that happens it makes all kinds of clicking and creaking noises. The very large holes in the Troy frame look like another big maintenance headache waiting to happen.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JNG View Post
    I was really pumped about the Troy (I have a Dexter) but after comparing with the Norco Carbon Sight Killer B I am starting to lean more towards that bike. One thing that has me concerned about the Troy is the very large holes for the cable routing. The Norco Sight has the cables holes buttoned up nicely to keep dirt and water from getting in and working its way down to the bottom bracket:

Best Bike at Norco: Sight LE Carbon - Pinkbike

The Dexter has issues with fine grit getting in some of the pivots. When that happens it makes all kinds of clicking and creaking noises. The very large holes in the Troy frame look like another big maintenance headache waiting to happen.
    rode a troy demo..everything was fine until it went downhill, bike felt sketchy and the cables rattled so loud inside frame it sounded like the bike was coming apart..definitely killed any chance of buying one .. u would think how that issue got past test riding and development ?

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by burpp View Post
    rode a troy demo..everything was fine until it went downhill, bike felt sketchy and the cables rattled so loud inside frame it sounded like the bike was coming apart..definitely killed any chance of buying one .. u would think how that issue got past test riding and development ?
    Where did you ride it? Carbon RR I assume?

I'm pretty convinced this bike feels much better with a 150mm + fork for gravity stuff. The XP alloy models with a Pike felt great to me. I can't confirm, but I think the XP gets a shorter stem spec. too...
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

mtbr member
    here's my two bucks. Some references to local Austin trails here.

Review of the Devinici Troy 650.

Ridden at City Park, Walnut Creek, Pace bend and commuted to work.

Special thanks to XL Cheese (Wes) at Pink Gorilla cycles for hooking me up with a long term demo.

Devinici is a Canadian bike brand that has gained national attention for it's Wilson downhill bike ridden by it's champion rider, Steve Smith.

The Troy.
    Wes hooked me up with the Carbon RC model, and this sucker is very well spec'd. The drive train is a solid mix of SLX and XT parts and an internally routed Reverb dropper post. The wheels are Easton, which doesn't suck, and the tires and Hans Dampf, which are the current hot shit with all mountain riders. The carbon frame has full internal cable routing and a flip chip to adjust the geo from a 67 head angle to a 67.5 head angle. Not much of a change, but it does raise the bottom bracket a bit, so that's a plus. You can check out the full specs on the Devinci website here.

I fitted the medium with a 60mm stem, and it felt great. The seat was awful, so I eventually replaced it with the good old WTB Laser. As far the the geo goes, it's an interesting bike. The top tube is 23.89, which I thought may be a little long, but it worked great. It had a longer TT than the Spitfire, but has the same reach. Go figure. All numbers aside, riding out, it felt great.

I was so damn excited to try this bike out, it was like christmas, *****es. I instantly noticed that it climbed really well. I had a few pedal strikes here and there, but that's how it goes, and I am riding huge Time platform pedals, which doesn't help. This is another bike, like the Pivot, that has great anti-squat traits that you can't really feel, it just works. When you pedal, it goes and goes fast. The suspension design is Dave Weagle's (DW link guy) design that is currently licensed by Devinici and Salsa. It's called the Split Pivot. Essentially, it's a single pivot, but instead of putting the rear pivot on the seat stay or chainstay, it's on the rear axle. Pretty simple. Pretty effective.

Riding this around the flats and climbs was a pleasure. This bike pedaled amazingly well for such a simple design. After all, it's only a single pivot, not a super expensive, uber machined multi-link wonder.
    This bike hauled ass, plain and simple. Tearing around the log loops was a blast. I don't remember the last time I went that fast around there, and I love going fast through there. The tires gripped very well and the bike held a line. Did I mention this thing likes to climb? On the short technical bursts that Austin is knows for, the combo of bigger wheels, and suspension that does't wither under standing effort, made me grin when I hopped up the rocks. It literally felt like there was someone helping me up. The RGOG at Pace Bend was nothing. Nothing. There was only precision. Precision steering, easy climbing, effortless up and overs. I didn't have to over compensate or muscle the bars one direction or another to stay on line when I wasn't hauling ass. I almost said going slow, but I wasn't going slowly through the RGOG.

Suck it RGOG.

Around rocky corners, the back end tracked and absorbed every inch. The traction was inspiring. As soon as you aren't pedaling, and telling the bike to "lock out" it totally opens up and I felt like I was riding a bike with 5.0 tires inflated to 5psi. Not a squishy suspension, but a bike that absorbed every single small and medium bump, leaving me in total control. Every bike I have tried so far has had a bit of skip from the rear end when cruising around a rocky, rough corner. This makes me slow down. I don't like that. This bike doesn't do that. The only draw back, is that I don't have the personal confidence to hit corners quite that fast. Yet.

Down feather pillows. Leather Lay Z Boy.

You see what I'm getting at.

When pointed downhill at anything, ANYTHING with rocks, ledges, drops, this bike turns into a luxury seat. It's amazing. I've never ridden a bike that has such a split personality. It's not like it gets so squishy that you can't control it, quite the opposite. It frees up your body and mind to pick whatever the hell line you want and kill it. I laughed out loud several times in amazement after flying down a rough ledge. "This is ridiculous." However, after flying off some drops to flats, the rear end ramped up very well and didn't sink too low into it's travel, leaving me ready to hit the pedals. Smart bike.

I actually rode the Troy to work last week, all on the road, that's how well it pedals. In fact, I was halfway to work before I realized that the shock was in full open, descend mode. That's when I noticed, that there isn't a world of difference between the descend and the climb mode. Impressive.

My only complaint is the fork. I had a minor beef with the seat and I wanted a single 32 ring. Both are easily remedied. The stock Fox 34 150 CTD fork was stiff the whole time. I could never get the front end to match the performance of the rear end, and that was a disappointment, because the stock fork is really holding the bike back. I'm sure this is fixed in the higher end models that come equipped with Kashima coated forks. Around all the rough corners, the front end was the weak link. Letting more air out of the fork did nothing to help and there is still about 15mm of unused travel, which translates to wasted money.

Bottom line, this bike is fantastic. It's light, it's responsive, it climbs, it descends, it made me laugh. The fork has to go. I think that for some, the plushness of the suspension may be too much. I caught myself many times thinking, "are you kidding?"

The frame comes with a lifetime warranty. Score one for the Canadians. Unfortunately, I have to give the bike back, so I can't "test" it further on the Green Belt or Flat Creek.

bummer.

mtbr member
    Great write up! I just got my Try last week but have only been able to ride it once so far (see 27.5 forum for pics). After just one ride I would agree with everything you said above. I'm looking forward to the next time I can ride.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Hi, I'm interested in the aluminum Troy. A couple of questions:

- Is the bb threaded or press-fit?
    - The claimed weight (6.5lbs) includes shock?
    - What's the seat post size?

Thank you!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Press fit!

Yes shock included!

31.6mm!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Thank you!

Press fit!
    Bad

Yes shock included!
    Good

31.6mm!
    Bad (I should sell or shim my 30.9 KS)

mtbr member
    I'm not sure what the advantage of having a press fit BB is. No threads to strip out?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by pulpwoody View Post
    I'm not sure what the advantage of having a press fit BB is. No threads to strip out?
    None, well except I'm sure it's cheaper to manufacture.
    Tantrum incoming
    Ibis Mojo 3
    Carver 420 TI

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Being that we sell both Devinci and Norco. I have spent tons of time on both 650b bikes. The split pivot on the Devinci is super efficient and it makes me feel like I have rocket strapped to my ass when I jump up to accelerate. The Norco sight killer b (2013)which I rode for the past year doesnt have the same feel of acceleration but I am really surprised by the 2014 and how much better the pedal platform has gotten. It seems like the dampening was tuned more to suit this frame. The funny thing is that the shock on the lower end builds has no compression adjustment and it is still way better than the 2013 with a tunable shock. I would like to clear up a couple things I saw in previous threads. I have heard no cable rattle at all. The holes in the frame are not just holes but are actually carbon tubes that run through the frame. The size of the holes is to accommodate the bigger fittings on the brakes and seat post. Who gives a crap if the hole is a tiny bit bigger. The reason they have gone to integrated headsets is not every frame is exactly the same as it comes out of the mold. A few thousandths off and you will have a squeaky headset. The integrated headset solves this. The pivots will start to creak if you don't throughly clean your bike. Every bike does this and it happens to all brands. I will say that the carbon bikes seems to magnify all sounds more than the aluminum bikes do. I was a little hesitant of press fit bb's at first but I now like them better. With it being so wet on the east coast this year we were having bb issues a bunch with all brands of bikes. I have found that the external bb's loosening and causing the majority of those squeaks. We are a gravity focused shop so most of our issues were on DH bikes. We didnt have any issues with pressfit bb trail bikes other than the normally loosening crankset. I personally ride a Troy Carbon with the XP parts kit the most. I dont like the fox forks at all in comparison to the pike. 150mm or 160mm fork is the way to go. I didnt like how the SL with the 140mm felt. My partner rides a Sight killer b and we switch all the time. His sight has a 170mm Xfusion Vengence. This makes the bike feel super planted when riding downhill. I think this fork in 160mm would also be great on the troy. I think if the vengence were lighter it would be equal to if not better than the pike. The worst thing about the Troy is the seat for sure. I would say in direct comparison of the Troy(carbon or alloy) and the Sight (alloy)with the same parts, that the Troy climbs better and they are equal every where else. I cant wait to get a carbon version of the Sight for the ultimate comparison

mtbr member
    Having just bought, and currently building up a carbon Troy, your review is good to hear. I didn't have a chance to test a Norco here in Austin, but I really wanted to.

I couldn't agree with you more about the seat. it was horrible.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I've got an Aluminum Troy on order with an expected delivery date of mid December. Apparently they're scheduled from the factory ~end of November, then they're driven across the border to Vermont before being shipped out to different end destinations in the US. I'm in San Diego, so mine will be zig zagging across the continent before it gets to me.

Anyways, thanks for posting up useful reviews. With all the lead time before I get mine, I've had lots of time to test ride and consider other bikes. Unfortunately I haven't been able to test an actual Troy yet, but have tried the Dixon, Yeti SB66, Pivot Mach 6, and Santa Cruz Solo, and Kona Process 153/134. If it's fair to substitute the Dixon for a Troy, then I'd say of that bunch of test bikes, it's most like the Pivot Mach 6. Smooth plush suspension that you don't notice, but it just works, while accelerating like mad without bobbing.

Now the reason why I decided to post before getting carried away. Some seem so perturbed about the integrated headset, then there's this:

Quote Originally Posted by rocketmatt17 View Post
    Who gives a crap if the hole is a tiny bit bigger. The reason they have gone to integrated headsets is not every frame is exactly the same as it comes out of the mold. A few thousandths off and you will have a squeaky headset. The integrated headset solves this.
    Can you elaborate on how the integrated headset solves this? I certainly hope it does, but I just wonder how a bearing sitting direct in the frame works better than a cup when the headtube is off kilter. Also, is there truly no angle set option? I've read otherwise here:

"The Troy's 44/56mm tapered head tube is Angleset compatible for those who want to make further head angle adjustments. "
    Devinci Troy Alloy Frame - Fanatik Bike Co. - Bellingham Wa

mtbr member
    This has been a great thread with good reviews a civil discussions, I hope it stays that way.

Secondly, Devinci is a small company but they take care of their customers. I bought a used Dexter and after being on 29ers for a while, it was crazy fun again riding tight east coast single track. I had a big crash and actually landed feet first on my bike smashing the seat stay and tweaking the seat tube. They offered me a great crash replacement price and let me size up for a better fit. Not too many companies will let you do that. Then in Feb, it got ran over by a drunk good ol' boy in a Ford F350. The only thing I was able to salvage was the chain, cassette, seat, rear d, and the 24th chainring. This time they let me buy an alloy Atlas at a great crash replacement price. Great CS.

I would definitely have a Troy right now if not for the new, "improved" BB and HS standards.

The reason they have gone to integrated headsets is not every frame is exactly the same as it comes out of the mold. A few thousandths off and you will have a squeaky headset. The integrated headset solves this.
    Never heard this and an interesting take by Devinci. The Dixon carbon uses a ZS44/56 angleset compatible HS, why couldn't they do the same thing to the rest of their models. It's like their saying that we will ensure the Dixon is manufactured to a certain standard but we'll cheap out on the rest of our models and use this road bike standard. I know this is not the case, but I'd like to know why they do this for one model and not the others.

The reason they have gone to integrated headsets is not every frame is exactly the same as it comes out of the mold. A few thousandths off and you will have a squeaky headset. The integrated headset solves this.
    If Devinci is worried about this, why introduce it into the BB area where it did not exist before. Not only does the BB shell have to be machined to a very high tolerance, the component mfg. has to do the same. I know why my Atlas creaks, I can pull the non drive side BB out with my finger. Either Shimano or Devinci have it wrong. I'm 99% sure it's a warranty issue but unless they are willing to weld on a 73mm threaded BB, it'll stay hanging on the wall as an sweet piece of mtn bike engineering.

With it being so wet on the east coast this year we were having bb issues a bunch with all brands of bikes. I have found that the external bb's loosening and causing the majority of those squeaks.
    Yep, apparently we have a monsoon season in the southeast. For the extra cost of replacing complete PF BB assemblies, I could have a free Enve handlebar this year. Can't beat $15 bearing kits. I don't think I've ever seen a crank/BB failure that wasn't due to improper crank installation or bolt torqueing. Could happen to either system.

The pivots will start to creak if you don't throughly clean your bike. Every bike does this and it happens to all brands.
    Agreed. If your Devinci creaks, clean the pivots. It's simple.

Quote Originally Posted by howard619 View Post
    Can you elaborate on how the integrated headset solves this? I certainly hope it does, but I just wonder how a bearing sitting direct in the frame works better than a cup when the headtube is off kilter. Also, is there truly no angle set option? I've read otherwise here:

"The Troy's 44/56mm tapered head tube is Angleset compatible for those who want to make further head angle adjustments. "
    Devinci Troy Alloy Frame - Fanatik Bike Co. - Bellingham Wa
    Lets hope this is correct. When I got my Atlas, the tech sheet on the website said it was a PF30(if I remember correctly) but came with a BB92. When asked about this, they said they made a running change to production to better suit the consumer. I'm hoping they would do this for the alloy models since they are made in house(at least somewhere in Canada.)

I'm hoping they get everything sorted out next model year so I can hang a for sale sign on the tallboy and heckler I have ordered.

These are just the thoughts of a disgruntled Devinci fanboy. YMMV

mtbr member
    Being new to the press fit BB non-standard, this was a huge PITA. Everything is assembled, snug and quiet. The back end feels so damn solid. A big reason I bought this bike was the lifetime warranty, and it's reassuring to hear about the customer service regarding crash replacement.

You mentioned that the BB on your Atlas is so loose you can pull it out without a tool. Unless this loosens over time (shouldn't) mine pressed in good and tight. Time will tell.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    You cant throw a gem like this out there and not follow up with a detail description of why you believe this.

Yes I'm not buying it.
    Tantrum incoming
    Ibis Mojo 3
    Carver 420 TI

I heart the drops
    Being new to the press fit BB non-standard, this was a huge PITA. Everything is assembled, snug and quiet. The back end feels so damn solid. A big reason I bought this bike was the lifetime warranty, and it's reassuring to hear about the customer service regarding crash replacement.

You mentioned that the BB on your Atlas is so loose you can pull it out without a tool. Unless this loosens over time (shouldn't) mine pressed in good and tight. Time will tell.
    You're right this whole pressfit bb is a PITA, I ordered a BB30 thinking that all pressfit are standard, nope. The Troy takes a BB92 which uses a GXP crank, I now have a XX1 BB30 crank and bottom bracket with no bike to ride.
    "its not how slack your head angle is, its how you ride the bike"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsaam View Post
    You're right this whole pressfit bb is a PITA, I ordered a BB30 thinking that all pressfit are standard, nope. The Troy takes a BB92 which uses a GXP crank, I now have a XX1 BB30 crank and bottom bracket with no bike to ride.
    I did the EXACT same thing. Luckily a shop in town had a bb92/shimano in stock. Now I know what I need in the future. Once you you it all build, post some pics.

I heart the drops

A Little Tease

devinci troy?-wp_20131119_006.jpgdevinci troy?-wp_20131119_005.jpgdevinci troy?-wp_20131119_004.jpgdevinci troy?-wp_20131119_003.jpg[attach=config]848738[/attach
    i did the exact same thing. Luckily a shop in town had a bb92/shimano in stock. Now i know what i need in the future. Once you you it all build, post some pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails devinci troy?-wp_20131119_001.jpg  

mtbr member
    did you get the KS post? I got the LEV so I could integrate the lever into my grip. It's brilliant.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    [QUOTE]Can you elaborate on how the integrated headset solves this? I certainly hope it does, but I just wonder how a bearing sitting direct in the frame works better than a cup when the headtube is off kilter. Also, is there truly no angle set option? I've read otherwise here:/QUOTE]

Sorry for the slow reply guys. Shop has been busy.

The reason the integrated headset squeaks less is because most headsets squeak because of 2 reasons. One is dirt between the bearings and the cups and the second is dirt between the cups and the frames. Integrated headset have no cups so that one less area to get dirt and squeak. There is 100% no angleset (Cane Creek) option available. The angleset uses offset cups to achieve the difference and since there are no cups.

Sram and Shimano BB have a very low tolerance. If anyone is having issues with the BB being too loose they should try a bb with tighter tolerances. Raceface has tighter control on there stuff and there are others out there as well. With that being said, we have had no issues here with BB's. If you are having problems shoot me a line or call and I will get you taken care of. matt@billygoatbikes.com or 828-575-2460

Also I have Devinci Troy Alloy's in stock. S,M, and L $2800 plus tax if in NC otherwise thats out the door. Feel free to call or email me anytime. I wont try just to sell you stuff!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Hey,

Can any of you shed some light on the Troy sizing? Is the correct geometry currently listed online? I would probably pick a Large which according to the specs, has a 24.6" effective (horizontal) top tube. Does that sound right? just thought I heard someone mention that some published numbers were wrong and they had to be updated.

------
    Yemi

I heart the drops

And Boom Goes the Dynamite

27LB range aluminum Troy.
    devinci troy?-devinci-troy-013.jpgdevinci troy?-devinci-troy-012.jpgdevinci troy?-devinci-troy-011.jpgdevinci troy?-devinci-troy-010.jpgdevinci troy?-devinci-troy-009.jpgdevinci troy?-devinci-troy-008.jpgdevinci troy?-devinci-troy-007.jpgdevinci troy?-devinci-troy-006.jpgdevinci troy?-devinci-troy-005.jpgdevinci troy?-devinci-troy-004.jpgdevinci troy?-devinci-troy-003.jpgdevinci troy?-devinci-troy-002.jpgdevinci troy?-devinci-troy-001.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Great thread so far. Thanks for all the great input so far. I am seriously thinking about getting a carbon troy this spring. I am wondering how it would compare to an intense carbine or a Pivot mach 6. So far the Troy has been getting great reviews from everyone here. I also like the price of the troy much better and the fact that it has a great warranty. I'm kinda leaning this way but don't know so much about the split pivot design. Has anyone compared any of these other bikes?
    Narrow and rugged is the path that leads to life and few find it.

mtbr member
    I went by the shop yesterday to pick a couple of things, and BAM!

devinci troy?-img_1362.jpgdevinci troy?-img_1361.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Has anybody been using a Pike 160mm on the Troy? If so would you know how it changes the geometry of the bike?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast