Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

devinci dixon

80K views 184 replies 58 participants last post by  ChaseMe 
#1 ·
does anyone have one or test it?

I?m really interested in buying one, but I have no feedback from some one that as allready ride it.

Thanks

#149 ·
Spacing for the top is 42.2mm, and the bottom is 19.1mm.

I was running the new Fox Polymer bushings on my Dixon but was having issues with it creaking/squeaking on the top bushing, and it would gradually loosen itself over a few rides (even when loctited). The old Fox DU bushing setup did not have this problem. I eventually replaced the top bushing/hardware with the RWC needle bearing setup, and left the Fox polymer bushings on the bottom. Haven't had a problem since, and this was months ago. I suggest this setup.

#152 ·
Hi Guys,

I just got a 2014 Dixon last week, and have been shredding every day since. I'm going to post my review soon, but had a question about sag first.

Are you guys running 25% or 30% sag on this bike?

I was running 30 the first few days, then emailed Devinci to ask what there recommendation was. They told me 20-25%.

I rode it today at 25, and wow it's a rocket at that setting. It doesn't feel as settled entering corners, but it rockets out of them. I've never had a bike with such good mid-stroke support that I can pedal so easily out of berms.

I like the tune on the Float X, I think they nailed it. Sadly, it came with air in the damper out of the box. Dammit Fox! Seems like it is leaking a little damper fluid from the ctd lever, though this could just be residual from assembly. Probably going to warranty and sell, getting the 2014 RC3+, which I know shreds.

#155 ·
You can't use Rockshox bushings with the spacers that came with Fox Igus bushings, they will be too thin.

If you have the older pre-Igus Fox, you should be good. You can also swap the entire 5 piece Fox Igus assembly to the Rockshox product, which is working fine for me.

Bolts and reducers should be compatible across all systems.

#159 ·
I have a 2011 Dixon. I had a 150 revelation on it but now that fork is gone. I can get a vanilla 36 160 for a good deal. From what I've read, that should give me a hta of 65.9 and a higher bb. Does anyone have some feed back from going to a 150 to a 160? Is the handling affected by the higher bb? If I switch the chip around in the back, will that give me a hta and bb height close to my original set up?

#168 ·
I've had my Dixon carbon for a year now. This thing corners, accelerates, and pops like no other. It is the most playful bike I've ridden. That being said, the latest crop of trail bikes are longer and lower than the Dixon, giving them the stability and plow advantage. It's all personal preference, of course.

All the pivots and hardware are robust, and idiot proof, a simple design that works.

A note on shocks. I've tried a couple with this frame. There is a ton of mid-stroke support and progressiveness built into the bike. Thus, shock tune and air can volume are key. You want the most linear, largest air can, shock you can find. The air can of the float x was too small, creating instability at speed. I switched to a XV solo air Monarch RC3, and that shock is the ticket. It looks like the RS comes with a Monarch+, so I think you're golden. I bet a DBair would also pair nicely, though I haven't tried it. I tried the Debonair upgrade on the monarch, as well, and while it increased traction, it provided more than necessary mid-stroke support leading to instability.

Take care.

#169 ·
I've had mine for 2 months, and I love it. It climbs better than anything else I've ridden & it descends just as well. I am cleaning sections of trail, up & down, that I was never able to before. I rode at the local bike park, Stevens Pass, & was riding black diamond trails on it. The frame is super stiff and super responsive. I love this bike!

#173 ·
The Dixon RS looks like a great deal since their website lists it at $2,450 Canadian (DEVINCI) especially considering the aluminum frame is made in Canada and cheaper than the Spartan.

Wondering if Devinci has plans on keeping the Dixon for 2016 since the Dixon RS and frame seem to be abnormally low. I am tempted to pick up a Dixon RS, but need to demo it first :)

Frame only (aluminum):
Dixon: $1600 CAD
Spartan: $2400 CAD
Troy: $2000 CAD

#176 ·
does anyone have any spare pivot hardware for aluminum dixon?

I need one of the seatstay / rocker link hardware units. with the nut, bolt, and spacer/washer things. the non drive side rattled out and im getting impatient wating on my shop to get replacement from Canada...would be super appreciative if i could get one off fellow forum user

thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.