Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

devinci dixon

80K views 184 replies 58 participants last post by  ChaseMe 
#1 ·
does anyone have one or test it?

I?m really interested in buying one, but I have no feedback from some one that as allready ride it.

Thanks

#124 ·
Hey guys, I need some help! I'm 6'3" with a 31" inseam. Do you think an XL is too big? I have a 21" GF Ferrous and love the bike. Long rides are so money while I can descend and drop just fine. The guy from the shop I bought from says it's right but.. I didn't ask him or think about it until after I bought it.

I only need a Fox 34, Chromag carbon bars and a 70mm stem to finish the build. I just want to make sure it's the right frame!

#125 ·
I'm 6'2" with a 34" inseam and I'm riding a L (19.5) with a fair amount of seat post showing. I would say the xl would be ok, you'll still have enough standover, and you'll appreciate the slightly longer reach as you should be taller in the upper body than me. Congrat's on the purchase! they are a fun bike to ride!

#127 ·
Has anyone out there experienced frame vibration on the Dixon with the new Shimano brakes? I just fitted Shimano XT M785 and the rear causes terrible vibration throughout the frame. All possible causes have been ruled out (pads, alignment, disc, bleeding etc) but nothing works.

#128 ·
It's finished!!

Well.. sort of, I still got to cut the rear brake cable down, bleed the brakes and cut the zip ties.

Tire Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel

Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle wheel rim Rim

2012 Devinci Dixon XL

Fox 34 Talus, Sram XX1 group, Sram XO Trail brakes, Stan's Flow Ex wheels with Hans Damf tires, CB Kronolog post and my old 636 DX pedals

Chromag carbon bars, Lynx seat and Ranger 70 mm stem

#130 ·
Hey guys life got in the way but I finally have the funds to purchase a dixon. I'm looking pretty hard @ the Carbon RC.

I currently rid a 19inch framed older BMC trail fox. I'm 6 foot w/ a 33-34 inch inseam would you recommend medium or large frame? Unfortunately no demos here in Phoenix for me to try out.

Also is the fox 32 on this partic build that bad?

#135 ·
I'm 6'1", 34" inseam and I'm on a large up here in Flagstaff AZ. Perfect fit with a 60mm, stem, thinking about going a little longer though.

If you ever make it up here into cooler temperatures you can take it for a spin. Mine has a lyrik at 160mm, climbs and descends great.

#137 ·
Sarcazmo.. This is just my two cents. When I bought my frame I too was unsure of size. I asked everyone I could think of. LBS, friends, other riders, forums etc.. The best piece of advice I got was not go too small. You don't want to be over your handlebars. The bike won't handle right. You won't be able to shift your weight back if the frame is too small. I own XL Dixon (scroll up) and never rode a large so I couldn't tell if the advice was right. I ended up renting a large DH and hit the park. I owned a medium at the time. Jumping, steep rock faces and cornering felt much more in control. Drops and tight turns and ladders stayed the same.

I don't know if this will matter to you but it really helped me. I was always told smaller bikes handle better.. easier to throw around. I'm not so sure anymore.

#142 ·
this is my new bike!

Frame Devinci Dixon Carbon M 145mm
Shock Rockshox Monarch RT3 High Volume
Fork Fox Talas 32 150mm tapered
Headset Canecreek 40 Zero Stack
Stem Easton Haven 55mm 31.8
Handlebar Easton Haven Aluminium 711mm 31.8
Grip ODI Flangless Longneck
Front Brake Shimano XTR trail 180mm
Rear Brake Shimano XTR trail 180mm
Levers Shimano XTR trail
Deraileur Sram XX1
Shift lever Sram XX1 Trigger
Casette Sram XX1 10-42t
Chain Sram XX1
Crank Sram XX1 Wide 170mm /w 44t
Crankboots Raceface
B.B Truvativ
Pedals Nukeproof Proton
Wheelset Mavic Crossmax ST
Front Tire Schwalbe Nobby Nic 4X 2.25 tubeless
Rear Tire Schwalbe Racing Ralph 4X 2.25 tubeless
Saddle Specialized Rival 130
Seatpost Gravity Dropper 4inch

Attachments

#143 ·
Monarch air pressure.....?

Hey peeps

I've had a couple of shake down rides on my Dixon, but i still feel like i'm missing the mark on my rear shock.

It's the Monarch that comes with the XP model. I'm currently running it at 185psi, rebound bang in the middle, not that either end of the spectrum seems to do anything though. It's an L/L tune.

I'm around the 195-200lbs mark all geared up.

No matter what pressure it pedals like crazy, but i just feel that there should be a bit more give in the other direction, slightly harsh on some larger hits.

Any thoughts? What are others running?

Keep in mind that i'm, looking to swap the shock out down the track, so i'm open to suggestions there too.

Cheers, Grant.

#144 ·
Sounds like you need to try messing with the IFP (internal floating piston) pressure in the shock (or IFP piston height is set wrong to begin with). It's not difficult at all with the proper RS adapter. Sram even has a video on how to set it and it's a fairly wide range of pressure to play with. Adapter is cheap money also.

Some reading here on the matter http://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspension/monarch-ifp-pressure-change-524727.html

Are you able to get full travel from the shock? If not and indeed you have a LL tune shock (rare and unavailable from RS aftermarket) try lowering the IFP pressure which should make it more supple.

#146 ·
I had the exact same problem with the Monarch on my 2011 Jamis Dakar B2. Unable to get full travel even with sag set to unreasonable levels. I lowered the IFP pressure which helped some but really what that bike needed I felt was a LL tune shock (stock was MM). My research is the Monarch's run very firm. In my case the shock leaked oil all over itself and Sram replaced it under warranty. I asked for a LL tune but they said that is custom tune only so they gave me a ML as I recall and upgraded the shock also to a higher level. Only rode the bike 1 time with the new shock before I sold it so no solid report on that outcome. Interesting that Divinci specs a LL tune. Definitely try lowering the IFP and I think you might get the results you want. Shock is decent.

Now where the heck is that 650b Dixon???

#148 ·
Shock hardware question.

I swapped out my Monarch for a RP23, and transplanted the hardware from the Monarch into the new shock.

Here's the problem, it's three piece RS hardware, and the main axle fits fine, but the two sleeve spacers aren't sitting snug between the rocker arms at the top and the frame mounts at the bottom.

I want to get new hardware, prob Fox, but open to suggestions. Here's the problem, I don't believe that i'm taking accurate measurements for of the hardware. Can someone help me out?

I'm currently getting 43mm(ish) across for the top mount and 20mm(ish) for the bottom. Neither of these sizes correlate with anything in the Fox catalogue.

Can anyone help me out with a more accurate measurement?

Cheers, Grant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.