mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Devinci Atlas Carbon initial suspension tune

Hoping to get out today for my Atlas's first shake down ride.
    I am 180 pounds ready to ride.
    My Atlas has a Rock shox Monarch RT3 rear shox and a Pike RT3 120mm fork.
    The fork seems pretty nice with 70 psi, 4 clicks from full fast lsc and a couple clicks fast from mid way on rebound.
    The rear shock sag seems a little odd, at 160psi I had 35% sag in the open threshold setting.
    I bumped that up to 180psi and still seem to have a little over 30% sag.
    Are you Atlas owners seeing this much sag at these pressures?
    Thinking I will bump it up to 185ish psi and note my travel o ring indicator after hitting some trail features.
    I am also starting at a couple clicks fast from midway on rear shock rebound.
    What settings are you Atlas owners using?
    Thanks for any input.

Norđwegr
    I'm 5'7 and 170lbs, I'll check back with my psi settings later tonight. I have both rebounds set in the middle, but I'm using a RWC needlebearing kit that really made the rear shock movement a whole lot smoother.

Any pics of your build? Always fun to see how much they differ.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Follow up on suspension settings, I ended up at 190psi rear and 75 psi front.
    Compression and rebound settings untouched from OP.
    I got to spend the weekend in North Ga. and got in a couple of sweet rides at chicopee and Bull/Jake Mtn.
    This bike has surpased my expectations, from both climbing prowess to bombing the DH.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I have a 2014 Atlas with a kashima factory Fox CTD that came with a small volume reducer. I love the bike, but I've never been able to get the shock 'just right'. I thinking of either sending it to Push, or to get a 2016 Monarch for it as they seem easier to tune. First, anyone send their Atlas shock to Push and care to comment on the outcome? For those with a Monarch, what tune did it come with? I'm thinking of going with the Debonair can as reviews suggest it will increase small bump compliance.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Mine came with the Monarch, I am 180 geared up and have the Monarch set at 210psi and rebound 3 or 4 clicks from full rabbit.
    I have been looking for a debonair with the removeable air can myself, but I don't think they are available in a 6.5 x 1.5.
    It would be nice to be able to tune the shocks volume easily, my Monarch could use a slight reduction in that department.
    My Pike is now at 70psi, with 4 bottomless tokens, 3 clicks of LSC and 5 or 6 clicks out from full rabbit on the rebound.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem1 View Post
    I have been looking for a debonair with the removeable air can myself, but I don't think they are available in a 6.5 x 1.5.
    I've seen a few places advertising them--whether they are vaporware is unclear. I haven't found a place that sells the debonair can on a new 6.5x1.5 shock.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    One thing I can tell you about the deb can tune is that it is VERY compliant. I have one in a M/M tune on my HDR, that replaced the oem Fox CTD in a M/L tune.
    I was concerned the M comp tune would be an issue but its actually MUCH more small bump compliant compared to the Fox.
    Still tweaking volume on it but it was an noticeable improvement over the Fox.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Is all this talk in regards the 29 Spartan? I'm looking at one. I can choose the Fox or monarch same price. They are 2014 leftovers. Sounds like in this small sample the monarch is the choice? Am I reading this right?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneDetroitCity View Post
    Is all this talk in regards the 29 Spartan? I'm looking at one. I can choose the Fox or monarch same price. They are 2014 leftovers. Sounds like in this small sample the monarch is the choice? Am I reading this right?

I think you meant Atlas?
    If so, the Monarch is pretty sweet and is what I have on mine.
    The Fox CTD's just don't ease into their travel as easy.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem1 View Post
    I think you meant Atlas?
    If so, the Monarch is pretty sweet and is what I have on mine.
    The Fox CTD's just don't ease into their travel as easy.
    Yes I did mean Atlas. They are on sale for leftovers. Be a good choice I think. It's a link and for the warranty since I plan on racing that is sweet.

Also I plan on the same fork as you or the 120 Sid rt3.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    This bike will not hold you back if you intend to race it, its a little heavier than some of the elite weight weenie xc rockets, but more than makes up for it with its ability to handle any xc course and more.
    The Pike just adds to that.