mtbr member

2017 Wookie 29er Carbon

The XT wookie build seems to give a lot of good stuff for the price.

Best Source for Ellsworth Devinci and Ventana!
    Velorangutan... the pedal type.
    Motorangutan... the motorized type.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    I was just looking at that bike online as a potential CC race bike for those buffed out courses. I agree,,,, awesome spec for the money compared to others in its class.

Could you venture to guess if it rides small or large for its size? Would a 5'9" person in the middle of medium and large (according to Devinchi size guide on their website) want to size up and slap on a shorter stem? I do prefer a little longer bike which has been sized into some of the newer bikes as new geometrys have evolved however I am not sure on this CC rocket ship.

mtbr member
    I would suggest a Medium for your height. If you like a longer top tube you may be good on a large with a short stem. What is the geometry on your current bike?

Quote Originally Posted by Xterra123 View Post
    I was just looking at that bike online as a potential CC race bike for those buffed out courses. I agree,,,, awesome spec for the money compared to others in its class.

Could you venture to guess if it rides small or large for its size? Would a 5'9" person in the middle of medium and large (according to Devinchi size guide on their website) want to size up and slap on a shorter stem? I do prefer a little longer bike which has been sized into some of the newer bikes as new geometrys have evolved however I am not sure on this CC rocket ship.
    Best Source for Ellsworth Devinci and Ventana!
    Velorangutan... the pedal type.
    Motorangutan... the motorized type.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    My current size medium CC bike has the exact same horizontal TT length of 595 as the medium Wooky does.....at least on paper.

I certainly wouldn't want to go any shorter and I notice that the reach and TT numbers each increase about 25mm between medium and large Wooky sizes which wouldn't be that difficult to shorten back out with stem length if need be.

It's just rare to be able to see these bikes in person as Wookys are not typically stocked by dealers and geometry tables can be misleading or inaccurate.

With my all-mountain trail bike ('17 fuel ex 29) I am finding I am gravitating to longer TT in general though.