mtbr member

2016 Troy offset bushings

Anybody know the shock bushing sizes for the 2016 Troy? I want to try offset bushings to slacken the head angle to 66.5 or even 66 and don't know the sizes.

If anybody's tried it, like to hear what they think.

thanks.
    fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I just built mine up with a 160 pike and was considering going with offset bushings as well. I want to get on steeper terrain more often before I make that decision, it feels very good as is.

I'll try and check later this week but I believe its M6 hardware on both ends of the shock.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    I emailed DeVinci and they got back to me right away. Sizes are 42.2 and 19. Both x 8 mm. I ordered them from offset bushings and already have them. I'm building the troy this week and am going to start with just one to slacken the head to 66.5. Two would get me to 66.

I'll post how it goes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Any update on this? Sounds awesome.

Calm Like a Bomb
    I ordered a set from offsetbushings over the winter. The size on the bag from them is 42x8 and 19x8. I installed both and went from 67° to 66.2° according to my Wexley angle gauge.

I've had a few rides since the snow melted and all seems good. Speed is still there on the flat sections, climbing is the same, and the downs feel a bit better. All that said, I'm also now on a Monarch Plus Debonair RC3 with a MM tune which feels much more supple and tracks much better that the stock Monarch Debonair RC3. I feel the shock is the biggest improvement.

I've got a 150 up front.
    '17 Hatchet Carbon
    '17 Troy Carbon
    '16 Django Carbon
    '16 Wilson
    '16 Farley 5

https://www.instagram.com/jayparrington/

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    I thought the plus only gave it more oil to play with versus the standard monarch debonair or are you saying the MM tune is what makes the shock better

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I've used offset bushings before, but not for a few years. Does anyone notice negative effects on the suspension linkage and/or the BB getting too low? I suppose you could always run a 160 fork with a single offset bushing to attempt to keep BB height the same and slacken it out ~1 degree.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dromond View Post
    I've used offset bushings before, but not for a few years. Does anyone notice negative effects on the suspension linkage and/or the BB getting too low? I suppose you could always run a 160 fork with a single offset bushing to attempt to keep BB height the same and slacken it out ~1 degree.
    I had that same thought this morning. there's actually a guy over at Pinkbike that did this with a 160.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by pipes10 View Post
    I ordered a set from offsetbushings over the winter. The size on the bag from them is 42x8 and 19x8. I installed both and went from 67° to 66.2° according to my Wexley angle gauge.

I've had a few rides since the snow melted and all seems good. Speed is still there on the flat sections, climbing is the same, and the downs feel a bit better. All that said, I'm also now on a Monarch Plus Debonair RC3 with a MM tune which feels much more supple and tracks much better that the stock Monarch Debonair RC3. I feel the shock is the biggest improvement.

I've got a 150 up front.
    How do you like the Monarch Plus Debonair now that you've had longer to ride on it? I'm thinking of making the swap too...

Did you have the shock's stroke adjusted? As the stock shock only runs 2" of travel versus the 2.25" that the shock has (a stroke reducer must be in the stock version).

Cheers