Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by rickcin View Post
    I agree with Clint. This bike is a road bike with the same drivetrain as the CrossRip Elite.
    I wanted a bike to compliment my Mtn bike, one I could ride when the trails are wet and muddy. With a XC bike, I could use it on pavement, stone dust, hardpack or some of the longer trails that have those combination of surfaces.
    A road bike is good if you are only going to ride on roads alongside traffic, just not for me,at least not most of the time.
    I am loving my two different styles of bikes, a XC and a FS, what is better than having options? Yesterday was a paved rail trail for 20 miles and today will be a mountain run for about 10 miles!
    Can't agree more. I ended up picking up the Cannondale CAADX and between that and my hard tail 29er I feel I can do just about anything and enjoy both styles of riding very much. It is very rare I ride strictly smooth pavement for an entire ride, so a road bike wasn't even considered. But the CX bike really rips on pavement (and can be made even faster ) and transitions over to gravel,grass, wood plank, and even trail really well. High five!

mtbr member

Woot so in love with this bike!

Woot another rider joins the group! I just picked up my Crossrip Elite. I was debating so much because the only one they had was a 56cm and it was the last day for a 10% discount sale. I rode it and was surprised that it did not feel big on me. Honestly, my 17.5 Trek Mamba 29er feels bigger than this ride. I did not feel stretch out too much and I instantly feel in love with the ride.

Trek CrossRip Elite-crossrip.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Sweet!

I've been running 35psi front/rear so far. Worked great even in the root infested singletrack I rode recently.

More pics!

mtbr member
    May 2013
    The bike holds its own on any trail.

Also, I am in love.

mtbr member

More pics =)

had a chance to shoot more pics of my cross rip elite. Enjoy!
    Trek CrossRip Elite-desire-2-.jpgTrek CrossRip Elite-desire-4-.jpgTrek CrossRip Elite-desire-12-.jpg

mtbr member
    Just curious if anyone has done upgrades to their crossrips? If so please share. I just weighed mine with all accessories and it weighs 26 pounds which I think is heavy. Stock I think was around 24.5 for a 56cm.

mtbr member
    Great looking ride, Enjoy !

mtbr member
    Im looking into swapping out the tires for more of a low resistance such as the continental gatorskins at 28c or even the conti gp4000 25c. Any idea if the 25c will fit?

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ncruz408 View Post
    Just curious if anyone has done upgrades to their crossrips? If so please share. I just weighed mine with all accessories and it weighs 26 pounds which I think is heavy. Stock I think was around 24.5 for a 56cm.
    I purchased the standard bike knowing I was going to upgrade the components. I upgraded to shimano 105 shifters and derailleur, a new 9 speed cassette, installed my FSA carbon crankset, swapped out the tires to conti gatorskin 32's and added a specialized seat.
    I intend to use the Crossrip for an all around bike plus some short tours so I think the upgrades will suit me well.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Minister View Post
    I purchased the standard bike knowing I was going to upgrade the components. I upgraded to shimano 105 shifters and derailleur, a new 9 speed cassette, installed my FSA carbon crankset, swapped out the tires to conti gatorskin 32's and added a specialized seat.
    I intend to use the Crossrip for an all around bike plus some short tours so I think the upgrades will suit me well.
    Not so fast buddy. You don't think you can come in here and tell us about that sweet set up and not post pictures do you? We're waiting

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Pics

I will take some pics and post soon.

mtbr member
    heheeh. i was looking into upgrading her but was a little hesitant too due to pricing. Debating if I should just save up for a true Endurance bike for rides 50+ miles and use this as my trainer/all around commuter.

mtbr member
    Just picked up some road tires which are the Continental Grandprix 4 seasons... Much harsher ride than the stock due to higher pressure at 95psi but did gain 1 mph increase on my avg speed. It was a toss up between a semi slick such as the Kenda Happy Medium/Schwalbe Sammy Slicks or a dedicated road tire. Opted for the road tire since 95% of my rides on this bike is mostly road. I got a 29er for the trails but am thinking about getting some cyclocross tires for winter.

mtbr member
    So where's da pics? heeh Looking to see what you have done on the bike. I just picked up some 4 Seasons Conti GP and they are awesome. Longest ride so far is 24 miles and still very comfortable..

Quote Originally Posted by Minister View Post

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Trek CrossRip Elite-img_6736small.jpg
    @Bassano del Grappa 2013

Just took my all new Crossrip Elite over the alps. (Füssen-Venice-Zagreb-Balaton). It ran like hell for more than 1000km without even a puncture. On road, single trail, gravel, you name it. I can only praise this baby.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    its an out-of-the-box Crossrip Elite 50cm size
    BBB-DualRide Pedals
    Elite bottle cage
    blackburn rack
    ortlieb classic bags

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Anybody have any love for the new Crossrip LTD?

Bikes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker26 View Post
    Anybody have any love for the new Crossrip LTD?
    I've seen one on instagram and it looked fantastic! I've still loving my 2013 Elite though, it's still going strong.
    2014 Yeti SB95c
    2014 Trek Stache 8
    2013 Trek CrossRip Elite
    2015 Trek Farley 8

mtbr member
    Just ordered my 2014 Trek cross rip elite today.. Hope to be riding it by next weekend.. Will post pics once I have it. Can wait!!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Picked my 2013 last night and did my saddle adjustment tonite and did a few test runs up and down the street, I have owned a lot of roadbikes over the years including aluminum, steel, carbon and my last bike a Titanium roadbike , and when it sold I thought I will never have another bike that rode that good.....WRONG! I had never heard of the Crossrip until I walked into my LBS and ask if they had any cyclo/gravel bikes, he pointed to the only one in the shop and it was the Crossrip, I test road it for about 50 feet and thought it was ok, that was on Monday , went home and starting reading reviews and was floored on how awesome these things are , sold my Ti bike on Tuesday and picked up the Trek on Wed....Wow ! What a ride sooo smooth and quiet !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trek CrossRip Elite-trek-crossrip-2013-.jpeg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Wacowacko View Post
    Picked my 2013 last night and did my saddle adjustment tonite and did a few test runs up and down the street, I have owned a lot of roadbikes over the years including aluminum, steel, carbon and my last bike a Titanium roadbike , and when it sold I thought I will never have another bike that rode that good.....WRONG! I had never heard of the Crossrip until I walked into my LBS and ask if they had any cyclo/gravel bikes, he pointed to the only one in the shop and it was the Crossrip, I test road it for about 50 feet and thought it was ok, that was on Monday , went home and starting reading reviews and was floored on how awesome these things are , sold my Ti bike on Tuesday and picked up the Trek on Wed....Wow ! What a ride sooo smooth and quiet !
    Most likely the function of bigger tires.

mtbr member
    Just picked up my 2014 trek cross rip elite
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trek CrossRip Elite-img_1451.jpg  

Trek CrossRip Elite-img_1449.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Just ordered a Crossrip LTD, can't wait...

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Got myself a Crossrip LTD for commuting, road tours, off road trail riding in packed dirt and gravel. Love this bike so far. It's so versatile !

I've got the Thudbuster ST seat post to help take the edge off those bumps (I ain't getting any younger). And I have a lovely light-weight and minimalist Tubus Fly Classic rack for my panniers. Regarding pedals, I just picked up the Shimano PD-A530 pedals since I really wanted dual platform.

Let's talk tires:
    For long road rides I'm using GatorSkin DuraSkin 25mm. They are fast and durable !

I just got the Clement MSO 40mm for off-road dirt and gravel rides. They fit just fine. Pics below !
    https://imgur.com/a/kZyh3
    Last edited by mrribbits; 05-08-2014 at 05:28 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm View Post
    tires out there. I really like the 35c Clement MSO CX all terrain tire.
    Oh I see they don't make the MSO in 35c anymore. Only in 32 and 40c. The USH comes in 35c now instead.
    Last edited by mrribbits; 05-05-2014 at 06:17 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5