mtbr member

Stans Alpha 340/400 with Vittoria XG TNT or Kenda Kommando SCT Tubeless??

Is anyone running the Stans Alpha 340/400 with Vittoria XG TNT or Kenda Kommando SCT in a tubeless setup? If so what has been your experience and how low pressure have you run them without burping? Most of the posts I have seen discussing burping on tubeless are not running both tubeless rims and tubeless ready tires.

Any recommendations for the Alpha 340/400? I read some older threads that the 340s were flexy, but I know they updated them recently and the 400s are supposed to be very stiff. I am 170lbs and plan on racing cross this season on one of these setups.

mtbr member
    Bump. Nobody has experience with these combos?

mtbr member

Re: Stans Alpha 340/400 with Vittoria XG TNT or Kenda Kommando SCT Tubeless??

400/xg here. Great setup, just keep pressure below 70, had one blow off on the road (hot day, scorching descent)

Been in high 20s but low/mid 30s feel best to me (220)
    Yeah I only carry cans cause I'm a weight weenie.

mtbr member

I just mounted Kommando SCT on my Enve tubeless rims. I will ride them tomorrow and post some feedback.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I rode the Stans Alpha 400 with Vittoria XG TNT last CX season. It was a good setup. Ran 35/45 for CX and 45/55 for Gravel Grinders.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    The TNT seems to mount very easily on the Alpha rim. If you try the non-"TNT" version, I had to use the alpha rim strip (the rubber one) to get it to air easily. The TNT holds without any extra strip, just the 2 layers of tape. I haven't ridden so can't comment on pressure and burping.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mnyquist View Post
    I just mounted Kommando SCT on my Enve tubeless rims. I will ride them tomorrow and post some feedback.
    How are the Kommando SCTs? Have you had a chance to ride them?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackhead_Willy View Post
    Is anyone running the Stans Alpha 340/400 with Vittoria XG TNT or Kenda Kommando SCT in a tubeless setup? If so what has been your experience and how low pressure have you run them without burping? Most of the posts I have seen discussing burping on tubeless are not running both tubeless rims and tubeless ready tires.

Any recommendations for the Alpha 340/400? I read some older threads that the 340s were flexy, but I know they updated them recently and the 400s are supposed to be very stiff. I am 170lbs and plan on racing cross this season on one of these setups.
    I just mounted a Kommando SCT on a Reynolds DV46 with a Stan's rim strip. Mounted OK, needed to use a compressor. Sealed up after a day.

Really disappointed with the width - measures out to 29 mm with my digital calipers.

I haven't ridden them yet.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Crackhead_Willy View Post
    How are the Kommando SCTs? Have you had a chance to ride them?
    I have maybe 50 gravel miles on these. They feel OK, but don't have much volume. I do not have calipers to measure width. They held air after. 24 hours. They are pretty quick, but don't have the nice feel that my 120 TPI Clements did.

The Kommandos were dirt cheap, BTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Bro Mountainbiker
    My kenda SB8 SCT 32s are burp-easy on my alpha 400s.

YMMV
    Raised in a Chicken-Coop by Chickens

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by willnicks View Post
    I just mounted a Kommando SCT on a Reynolds DV46 with a Stan's rim strip. Mounted OK, needed to use a compressor. Sealed up after a day.

Really disappointed with the width - measures out to 29 mm with my digital calipers.

I haven't ridden them yet.
    I finally rode mine. Did about 20 miles on dry/loose/sandy/rocky single track and fire roads. I have to say that the tires impressed me. The tires corner pretty well and feel supple to me. They ride "big" for such a small tire. But my baseline is a bit screwy because I never tried the DV46Cs with cross tires before.

No burping at 28 psi and 165 lbs of me. But the Kommandos do not feel as fast as Vittoria XM clinchers with latex tubes that I was using prior.