Thread: sprung sadle?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

sprung sadle?

so, i was thinking of a suspension post and a new saddle then saw this.. two birds with one stone for half the price? any inputs? (the ones with springs) thanks

BROOKS ENGLAND LTD. | SADDLES | TOURING+&+TREKKING

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by joel787 View Post
    so, i was thinking of a suspension post and a new saddle then saw this.. two birds with one stone for half the price? any inputs? (the ones with springs) thanks

BROOKS ENGLAND LTD. | SADDLES | TOURING+&+TREKKING
    You could ask about how well they work in a touring forum, as I've seen sprung saddles mentioned there often. Depending on the type of riding you do, a brooks, due to it's shape, may not be the best for getting behind the saddle on descents, etc. I have brooks b17 saddles on all but my mountain bikes...

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

sprung sadle?

I recently bought a Brooks Flyer and find it quite comfortable for the type of riding I often do. I'm not an MTBer by any stretch. On the dike with my kids, gravel roads, washboard, pavement and dirt trails.- slowly.
    I'm 255 # and the springs barely move under my weight, but they do take out the vibration and harshness.

On pavement I can run full PSI and the springs make up for the lack of suspension in the tires. The saddle itself is almost identical to the B17 unsprung version except it sits slightly higher due to the springs so I doubt sliding rearward off the saddle would be any different. Your seat post would be slightly lower to make up for the height difference.

There is a guy called Saddle Up on another forum that has one on a Troll and he rides trails with his, look him up and send him a PM.

FKA Malibu412
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  24.4 KB

Maybe you could adapt one of these?
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams