Mtn View, CA

Sea Otter CX race

Anyone do the Sea Otter CX race before? I registered for the Men cat 5. I have fun doing the local series (Surf City in Santa Cruz, CA) but have a feeling this won't be as fun with a low possibility of cold and mud. I watched a youtube video from 2012. Didn't look too bad.
    Atomic batteries to power...turbines to speed...

jct
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gddyap View Post
    Anyone do the Sea Otter CX race before? I registered for the Men cat 5. I have fun doing the local series (Surf City in Santa Cruz, CA) but have a feeling this won't be as fun with a low possibility of cold and mud. I watched a youtube video from 2012. Didn't look too bad.
    i did it last year and wasn't all that impressed with it. too much riding on the race track. and kinda short for the amount of money you have to pay for entry. plus you have to have a license or pay the one day fee....

but if you're down there for the entire weekend and itching to race some cross then i'm sure you'll have fun....cause CX racing is always fun.

Mtn View, CA
    Blew out a rear bead in the middle of lap 3 of 4 and finished 44th of 46. I had to run/walk the rest of the lap to the neutral pit to see if they could pump up my tire but I needed a compressor to reseat the bead so I was done. The guys I was with at the time finished 33 and 34 so I think I would have been around the same if I hadn't flatted. I am running Mud2s tubeless and tried 36psi for this race. The tire blew out when I was remounting and landed on my seat a little too hard. Happened right in front of everyone at the beer garden. The race official at the start said hand ups were not allowed but since I was done anyway I took a partial can of coors light from someone as I was running to the pit and I don't like beer.
    Atomic batteries to power...turbines to speed...