Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post your SSCX!

145K views 352 replies 157 participants last post by  porttackstart 
#1 ·
Road Bike Review's CX forum has one, but I thought it sad that we don't have a SSCX thread on eMTBeeR.
Or maybe I just wanted yet another place to post pics of my new bike...
Anyway, CX season is pretty much over for most of us, but it seems SSers tend to keep riding their CX bikes year 'round instead of hanging them in a temperature- and humidity-controlled cellar to protect their tubulars.
Here's mine, show me yours!

Los

Attachments

See less See more
#63 ·
Another NB Zona

Finally finished my Nature Boy about a month ago and I absolutely love it. The Brooks wasn't quite right for me on this bike, so I switched it to a Selle Italia something or other. A few changes to make at some point, but I'm enjoying it.

Attachments

#66 ·
Finally finished my Nature Boy about a month ago and I absolutely love it. The Brooks wasn't quite right for me on this bike, so I switched it to a Selle Italia something or other. A few changes to make at some point, but I'm enjoying it.
Paul Mini-Motos and hubs? Baller, my friend.
I never got on well with the big ol' B17. I find the narrower Professional or Swift fits me better.
However, I'm putting a cheap saddle on mine for 'cross season- just not willing to risk a Ti railled Swift!

Los

#107 ·
On One Pompino

Just finished building this up and can't and to take it out. The BB is a bit wide so I'll have too wait for a narrower one.

Paul Comp. 170mm cranks, 39T sprocket, high flange hubs, Neo-retro front and touring canti rear brakes, funky monkey front cable stop and a couple of moon units.

FSA headset, SL-K carbon seatpost and stem.

Salsa clamp

Fizik aliante carbon saddle

On One Midge bars with Dura ace levers and Fizik shiney ass bar tape with Allagash Quadrupel cork bar plugs (YUMMY).

Mavic A319 rims with double butted spokes and gold nipples

Serfas Cyclo 700x35C tires

KMC K710SL Superlite Kool chain and a 20 tooth freewheel for now

#108 ·
Just finished building this up and can't and to take it out. The BB is a bit wide so I'll have too wait for a narrower one.

Paul Comp. 170mm cranks, 39T sprocket, high flange hubs, Neo-retro front and touring canti rear brakes, funky monkey front cable stop and a couple of moon units.

FSA headset, SL-K carbon seatpost and stem.

Salsa clamp

Fizik aliante carbon saddle

On One Midge bars with Dura ace levers and Fizik shiney ass bar tape with Allagash Quadrupel cork bar plugs (YUMMY).

Mavic A319 rims with double butted spokes and gold nipples

Serfas Cyclo 700x35C tires

KMC K710SL Superlite Kool chain and a 20 tooth freewheel for now

Nice to see Belgian bar plug ends and what appears to be a sweet IRS-equipped Baja Bug in the same photo. Oh, and your On-One CX bike is nice! :thumbsup: Watcha got for a motor and transaxle in that puppy?

#237 · (Edited)
This is how she sits today, although she's constantly changing. 2009 Bianchi San Jose (55cm). Ridley carbon fork, dengfu bar and seatpost, sun/surly rear wheel, Rolf front, Ritchey Mount Cross tires (NOS from ebay) 700x37, SLK brakes. A bit under 20lbs, still need to trim the steerer. A fancier wheelset, or at least a matching wheelset would be nice, but it's fun to ride as is. Haven't raced in a few years but when I did the weight was never my problem...

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.