Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Post your SSCX!

The Brutally Handsome
    Quote Originally Posted by umarth View Post
    He already sold it.
    Haha, true but in defense I used some of the parts to build a newer Fuji cross frame for my B bike:

mtbr member
    Ooh forgot I kind of have one of these now. This was just set up to test that the eccentric hub would hold in the aluminum frame (it did )

I'm gradually getting the bar position right (those woodchippers are funky) but I think its gonna be really fun. I sold the stans wheels so I can find a matching white front, and I am pulling a white industries crank off another bike as we speak. I have a 16/18 dos freewheel and 17t fixed cog ready to go on, hoping that paired with a 36t chainring will give me a fast enough gear for commuting and still leave me decent fixed / free options for trail riding
    Yeah I only carry cans cause I'm a weight weenie.

more skier than biker
    Nov 2006

Post your SSCX!

My SSCX (modified slightly for a gravel race) just got profiled in Cyclocross Magazine:

http://www.cxmagazine.com/ron-shevoc...lost-and-found

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    50x19
    So that's ~72GI? 100 miles and 7k ft of climbing, and a 6th place finish. Great job!

more skier than biker
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by phsycle View Post
    50x19
    So that's ~72GI? 100 miles and 7k ft of climbing, and a 6th place finish. Great job!
    yeah somewhere around there...the gear calculator app on my phone is telling me ~75 gear inches. If I were to SS it again next year, I would certainly go a little spinnier than that. 10 miles in on the first climb I was really doubting it and wasn't even sure I would finish.

never summer

Post your SSCX!

Post your SSCX!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1402435422.752472.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    How are the Hylex brakes working out for you? I am thinking about them for a build I am doing for this coming cross season, but there just isn't much out there in the way of reviews.

more skier than biker
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by uclamatt2007 View Post
    How are the Hylex brakes working out for you? I am thinking about them for a build I am doing for this coming cross season, but there just isn't much out there in the way of reviews.
    I really, REALLY like them. I am more of a mountain biker than anything else, and thus, am very used and familiar with the feel of strong hydraulic brakes. And the Hylex's feel and power remind me a lot of really good MTB hydraulic brakes. Lots of power, but very easy to modulate so it's not either all on or all off. Lots of debate out there if you really need all that for a race course, but man they sure do inspire confidence...and I like to ride my cross bike and fast singletrack and the brakes sure do make that alot more fun. I'm a big fan...I currently have 'em set up 160 front, 140 rear. i was little worried about the 140 in rear being too small (mainly because on my MTB's I've also had 160's back there so that's my bias), but it's been no problem. Also, haven't needed a bleed or anything in the year or so since I've had them....rock solid.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    yeah somewhere around there...the gear calculator app on my phone is telling me ~75 gear inches. If I were to SS it again next year, I would certainly go a little spinnier than that. 10 miles in on the first climb I was really doubting it and wasn't even sure I would finish.
    75, that's nuts. I'm going to run ~62gi (42x19 with 43mm tires) for a 70 mile, 10k ft race next year. Will be slow (and painful).

jrm
    mtbr member
    current pompino revised build. FUn as heck

Wreck the malls with cows on Harleys

mtbr member
    This thread needs to stop--it's threatening the livelihood of my wallet!

(my fiancee just put down cash on a Nature Boy and now I need to figure out something for myself!)

jrm
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    This thread needs to stop--it's threatening the livelihood of my wallet!

(my fiancee just put down cash on a Nature Boy and now I need to figure out something for myself!)
    Dude, have you seen the nature boy disc?.....
    Wreck the malls with cows on Harleys

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm View Post
    Dude, have you seen the nature boy disc?.....
    Yes... She's getting the standard, I get the disc--guys over at All City are good dudes and hooking us up! I need some knobby Ss skinny in my life ASAP!

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Post your SSCX!-masi-003.jpgPost your SSCX!-masi-010.jpg
    Post your SSCX!-masi-009.jpg
    masi cxss

The Brutally Handsome
    . . .

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Co-opski View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	masi 003.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	148.0 KB 
ID:	901929
    masi cxss
    That masi looks great with the bullhorn bars. I think I'd like to do something similar.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9