Neg reppers r my biatches

Now all i gotta do is learn to ride the bike...

so excited, after long week in Jersey returned home to a box with my first proper bike that can be ridden on the road, gravel or otherwise. i have REALLY fallen out of shape and i always figured the best way to get into shape again is to buy a new bike or part etc to motivate me. looking forward to having an actual "road" bike finally! gratuitous pics attached of yet another bike so much better than me (though thats not saying much)

Bikes!
    Looks awesome Fo'!

I use mine more than all my other bikes, it's definitely a good way to get into shape.
    2014 Yeti SB95c
    2014 Trek Stache 8
    2013 Trek CrossRip Elite
    2015 Trek Farley 8

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Nice looking bike.. What size and brand of tires are those?

Neg reppers r my biatches
    thanks

tires are Vittoria Cross XG Pro 32mm

i didnt spec anything on bike other than cranks and fork. i have a lot to learn about cross stuff

tires look really cool but what do i know. for one ride i know i will do to get into shape it would probably be tolerable as it would have 9 miles dirt and the rest road otherwise, i assume the knobs will simply go fast and per 2turners i will probably get a robust road 28mm tire for most riding

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle View Post
    so excited, after long week in Jersey returned home to a box with my first proper bike that can be ridden on the road, gravel or otherwise. i have REALLY fallen out of shape and i always figured the best way to get into shape again is to buy a new bike or part etc to motivate me. looking forward to having an actual "road" bike finally! gratuitous pics attached of yet another bike so much better than me (though thats not saying much)
    You're right. That bike is better than you. I'm pretty sure you'll work through the self esteem issues that come along with that realization and enjoy it anyway.

Fat-tired Roadie
    I stuck a set of those (or maybe the 34 mm version?) on my 'cross bike for a mixed-surface race in May.

They got 'er done.

These tires wear pretty fast on the road. But they have pretty impressive grip for something so skinny.

Enjoy 'em.

For road only, get a racing/training tire that's as fancy. You know you wanna.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    The bike looks great. I hope it serves you well.

The Vittorias XG's are sweet tires too, in my opinion. I have a pair of those on my CX bike right now and they have been able to handle all manner of terrain (grass, mud, hardpack, etc.). For a dedicated road ride though, I would definitely have something else on standby.