mtbr member
    Mar 2011

New STI's with Single Digit 7's

I've read conflicting reports that 5700's the new version 105 Integrated brake shift levers pull more cable and will work OK with V brakes. Anyone tried this? I have a spare set of SD7's.

I have various different wheelsets from out and out road racing to 29er mtb with 2.0mm marathons tires for touring will give it a go with SD 7's as soon as the frame arrives and report back. Not set up canti's in a while but I seem to remember it was a real pain in the ass, would rather save the cash and go with V brakes if at all possible

Don't be a sheep
    Sep 2004
    Not going to work. those arms are still too long. You need something 90mm or shorter to have a workable setup. Buy a set of Tektro 926's for $30.00 front AND rear with some Salmon Kool Stop pads and have the best rim brakes you can imagine
    "Do not touch the trim"

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Thanks, I will try the tektro's, just a slight concern with tire clearance if I am running larger tires for touring. Been using the kool stop pads on the SD7's on a flatbar bike for years agree that they are the best.