mtbr member

New 1x solution (well new to CX)

Hey All,
    We are pretty excited to announce our wide/narrow tooth CX rings. The are on sale now and shipping next week: Products | wolftoothcomponents.com

I am sure you all have questions so lay them on me. Let me answer your first question though on clutch/no-clutch rear derailleur:

We are testing with both Clutch and no-clutch. Certainly the clutch won't hurt, but about 1/3-1/2 our mtbk customers are not using a clutch with very few chain drops.
    CX has some mechanical advantages of mtbk too (more teeth on ring engaged and short cage rear derr) so we think in most conditions no clutch will be needed.
    Clutch or not, we still think a chain catcher will be needed in REALLY clumpy muddy conditions (our mtbk data gathering tells us this, as some top World Cup teams are doing this now even with a clutch).
    wolftoothcomponents.com

mtbr member

Pictures of the rings

To assure you these are real and ready to go!New 1x solution (well new to CX)-cx-simon.jpgNew 1x solution (well new to CX)-110-x-42-ring-only.jpgNew 1x solution (well new to CX)-110-x-42-crank.jpg
    wolftoothcomponents.com

mtbr member
    Sort of a topic drift, but any plans for a XX1 style direct mount for Cannondale Hollowgram?

hispanic mechanic
    I for one am pretty stoked to put some of these rings on both my about-to-be-built-up CX bike as well as on my MTB. Yes, after 13 or so years of riding single speeds exclusively, I now have a good reason to go back to gears- the possibility of a highly functional 1x set up!

Quote Originally Posted by ms6073 View Post
    Sort of a topic drift, but any plans for a XX1 style direct mount for Cannondale Hollowgram?
    I actually have several customers (I'm a mechanic at a Cannondale shop,) who would be really interested in a Hollowgram-splined ring with proper chainline.

Los
    "Shut up body and do what I tell you."
    Jens Voight

http://teamjva.com/jens-voigt-soundboard/