mtbr member

Miracle Bikes Thru Axle (FM286) Frame/Fork. Chinese Sourced Cross Frame.

There is an alternate thread about this build but hereís my story of a Miracle Bikes thru axle cyclocross bike. Hereís the condensed version.
    Itís still winter-ish here so I donít have a report of reliability w/ this frame. Ask again in the fall. Should have enough shucking and jiving by then to know more.
    Miracle Bikes Thru Axle (FM286) Frame/Fork. Chinese Sourced Cross Frame.-img_0724.jpg

BACK STORY-
    Hereís the frame page:
    2015 New cyclocross bike thru axle 142mm-Carbon bike frame,Carbon bike parts,Carbon bicycle frame,Carbon road frame,Carbon MTB frame

Like many I was spooked about buying an unknown frame from an unknown company. A local rider has one of their full suspension frame and is plenty happy w/ it after a season of abuse so I thought it would be worth a chance.
    Thru axle frame and fork is $480. Add $80 to deliver it to Colorado. Add another $60 for custom paint.
    Miracle Bikes Thru Axle (FM286) Frame/Fork. Chinese Sourced Cross Frame.-image.jpg

I traded about 27 emails with ďJennyĒ at Miracle Bikes. English isnít her first language and it shows but we were able to communicate well enough that I went ahead and made payment via PayPal.
    10 days later she sent photos of the painted frame. About 20 days after that, it was in my hands.
    It was well packed and arrived w/o any damage. The paint job was easily worth the extra $$ and, while not immaculate, it was better than expected.

I ordered it w/ thru axles (F&R), a headset, a seat collar, and two pair of rear drop outs.
    All said, just shy of $700 US.
    The headset is simple and will work great.
    The $5 seat collar is great. Even better for $5
    The thru axles arenít all that great. Not as precision as Fox or RS use but, theyíll do.

Internal route was not pre-threaded on my frame but I fished the brake line thru w/o too much effort.

Yep- the headset spacers. Thatís how Iím going to run it.
    Just take it easy. Youíll be fine.

The black tape between the white/red paint is reflective. Too many rides end when the sun is gone. I thought this might be a good way to improve the looks and feel more safe.

F AXLE & DROPOUTS
    The frame arrived w/ an incorrect front thru axle.
    It also arrived w/ NO rear thru axle dropouts. Just the quick release version.
    Unfortunately I had started communications with Jenny at Miracle during the Chinese New Year. That slowed down a solution.
    But- in the end, she sent out 2 pair of rear TA dropouts, and the correct F axle.
    Learning from the previous thread I know that others received an incorrect F axle and were all sent correct parts.
    In all that I read of, Jenny acted quickly to get errors corrected.
    It was a bummer that they forgot to send the correct drop outs and sent the wrong F axle, but MB remedied the situation.
    What they couldnít control was a dock strike in Ca that really slowed down any shipping. What would already be a long-ish wait, was even longer.

THREADED BB
    Miracle offers this bike w/ either a BB30 or a BSA (threaded) bottom bracket.
    All my bikes are threaded so, liking parts that interchange, I requested threaded.
    Iím running this frame as a single speed and wanted a clean drivetrain.
    The YESS ETR/B BB chain tensioner has to be used w/ a threaded drivetrain as it replaces one spacer at the BB. Super cool piece of gear but odd to set up. Iíd still be happily running it but there were other issues.

I now know making a BB30 into a BSA is very easy w/ a simple threaded insert being pushed into the shell and glued in place.
    Somehow MB didnít properly glue in the threaded insert.
    Jenny was exceptionally helpful and tried to produce a solution for the issue.
    I figured they would take my PayPal $$ and run. Who cares about warranty from over seas?
    MB does. They were great and refunded me $$ in order to get a solution to this frame.

So now there is a Wheels Manufacturing Eccentric BB in place of the threaded insert. It just slips into the BB30 area and tightens up once you find the proper chain tension.
    Itís much better than the YESS set up.
    Quieter and more versatile but only works w/ a BB30 frame. It was a lucky way to fix the BB issue and solve chain tensioning.
    Miracle Bikes Thru Axle (FM286) Frame/Fork. Chinese Sourced Cross Frame.-img_0727.jpg

BUILD
    TRP Hylex brakes-
    Need SS road discs? Get them.
    They are amazing.
    Very good feel at the lever, very clean and quiet, easy to bleed. Worth it.
    https://www.trpbrakes.com/category.p...1207&catid=206
    Miracle Bikes Thru Axle (FM286) Frame/Fork. Chinese Sourced Cross Frame.-img_0735.jpgMiracle Bikes Thru Axle (FM286) Frame/Fork. Chinese Sourced Cross Frame.-img_0732.jpg

Salsa WoodChipper bars
    UhhhÖ. Every one raves about these but they seem just like drop bars.
    Theyíll do.
    Woodchipper Bar | Parts & Accessories | Salsa Cycles

WTB Nano 40 tires.
    Really great tire and Iím very happy that the Miracle Frame could accept such a wide tall tire.
    They offer a bit of balloon, and roll great on pavement.
    If you can stuff them in the frame- I like them.
    Nano 40c | WTB

WTB KOM i23 RIMS
    So far, so good. More stout than a CX bike needs but versatile.
    Easy lace up, straight, light-ish, and went tubless easily.
    As before, ask later and Iíll know how they do but expect theyíll be perfect.
    WTB KOM Rim | WTB

Bike Hub Store and their hubs
    Iíve run DT 240 hubs for years on multiple bikes.
    If I could have found DTs for even close to these- I wouldnít be preaching about the Bike Hub Store hubs.
    But DT is plenty of $$. Even on a deal. Even as an employee. Too much.
    So in the vein of experimentation, I tried these and am amazed.
    About 20g within the weight of a 240.
    Much less $$ ($100 rear, $60 front), light, way easy to convert to 15mm, QR, 12mm rearÖ etc.
    Better engagement than a DT though a hair louder.
    I added the white reflective tape in the center for safety.
    Durability? Ask me later but Iím not scared of them. Theyíll take me out and back again and again.
    MTB270 Rear Disk/MTB Hub - 24/28/32h - QR or 12mm Thru Axle

Thereís other notes but cranks are mostly just cranks, a stem holds the barsÖ etc.
    Oh- Deda tape? Never again. I was amazed at how easily it ripped.

Not exactly short but shorter than sifting 15 pages of my BB issues getting solved in a previous thread.
    I hope you arenít reading this because you are riding.
    -JCB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Miracle Bikes Thru Axle (FM286) Frame/Fork. Chinese Sourced Cross Frame.-img_0734.jpg  

Miracle Bikes Thru Axle (FM286) Frame/Fork. Chinese Sourced Cross Frame.-img_0725.jpg  

Miracle Bikes Thru Axle (FM286) Frame/Fork. Chinese Sourced Cross Frame.-img_0726.jpg  

Miracle Bikes Thru Axle (FM286) Frame/Fork. Chinese Sourced Cross Frame.-img_0728.jpg  

Miracle Bikes Thru Axle (FM286) Frame/Fork. Chinese Sourced Cross Frame.-img_0729.jpg  

Miracle Bikes Thru Axle (FM286) Frame/Fork. Chinese Sourced Cross Frame.-img_0733.jpg  

Miracle Bikes Thru Axle (FM286) Frame/Fork. Chinese Sourced Cross Frame.-img_0736.jpg  

Miracle Bikes Thru Axle (FM286) Frame/Fork. Chinese Sourced Cross Frame.-img_0737.jpg  

Miracle Bikes Thru Axle (FM286) Frame/Fork. Chinese Sourced Cross Frame.-img_0739.jpg  

Miracle Bikes Thru Axle (FM286) Frame/Fork. Chinese Sourced Cross Frame.-img_0740.jpg  

Last edited by Johnny Chicken Bones; 3 Days Ago at 01:42 PM.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    Running is for prey.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Nice writeup and hope it works out.

Those tires fit but looks like they just barely fit. you think an out of the saddle effort would cause some rubbing?

mtbr member
    So far so good but given that I had a poorly fitting F axle for a bit, and that I wasn't exactly standing on the pedals, well I think it's a fair question that I hope to know the answer to soon.

On brief steep pave w/ light standing pedaling, no rub. Not yet anyway!
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    Running is for prey.