Thread: Macho Man

mtbr member

Macho Man

I know there are very few, if any, Macho Man's (Macho Men?) out there but for those of u who may have seen or fondled one, what's ur opinion of this frame as a budget-ish race bike platform?
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Haven't raced mine yet, but I'm happy with it from a fit and finish standpoint. Have maybe 600-700 miles on mine this spring so far. This includes a 165 mile gravel grinder weekend. I haven't found any reason why it wouldn't be a decent race bike.

I'm using mine as an all-purpose road/gravel/cx racer. Swap wheels and/or tires and go.

Not super light. I haven't weighed mine to compare it to my buddies Surly Cross Check, but I feel it's a bit nicer than the Surly. The geo works better for me than a Cross Check does too, so I went the MM route.

mtbr member

Re: Macho Man

Photo in gravel mode...

Not the complete bike stock set up. I'm running Shimano cranks, Campy 10 speed stiff otherwise. Stock Tektro brakes and stock front derailleur.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Macho Man-uploadfromtaptalk1367500108369.jpg  

mtbr member
    Wow, I thought there'd be more out there. Thanks guys!

PeT
    Occasionally engagedů

Big one for the boy...

I bought a lightly used MM from my bike shop's mechanic for my son. The frame has 60.5 cm TT and I can't really ride it in a way that allows me to assess wether it's a nice ride as it's too big. The boy has ridden many miles on other quality bikes, but just says "It's fine" when asked about how it's riding (he's 15 and two word responses to questions are better than I normally get). But I like how the frame looks and while hefty compared to my cross bike (mine is smaller and Ti), it does seem well balanced and responsive to power inputs. In particular I find the fork appealing and it looks appropriately lively on rough terrain -- not too much flex, but enough to look like it's doing some suspension duty. I'm pleased with the purchase and it looks like it will last for quite awhile.
    Macho Man-photo-apr-05-8-06-58-pm.jpg
    "The plural of anecdote is not data." -- Attributed to various people in a variety of forms, but always worth remembering...

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I purchased a AC Nature Boy (ss version) two weeks ago. I cant get enough of this bike. To refer to it as "budget-ish" in any sense is a misrepresentation. Get one, enjoy!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nater View Post
    Have maybe 600-700 miles on mine this spring so far. This includes a 165 mile gravel grinder weekend.
    i am interested what grinder was that?

I LOVE GRAVEL GRINDERS.

mtbr member
    B.A.L.L.S.

Check it out next year...I seem to remember that we're located relatively close together? Madison, WI area.