mtbr member
    Jul 2008

How much does a Raleigh Stuntman weigh?

I looked at Raleigh's website and did some Googling, but the only reference I found to the Stuntman's weight was a review that said it "weighs as much as some full suspension bikes." I would get a 59cm frame (or whichever the closest size is) but any weight would give me a useful comparison.

Live Free & Ride
    Yeah, that bike is badass and on my list for a future gravel monster bike! My guess based on frame, components, dropper, wheels, etc is about 23-25 lbs. Not meant to be a weight weenie bike at all, but all the right parts for comfort and long cruises and bike packing in the back country....the perfect escape rig ride out your driveway and to the trail head!
    14 GT Zaskar 9r
    15 Moto Night Train
    08 BMC Trailfox
    06 Cannondale Rush
    99 GT XCR
    93 Raleigh MT 200

jrm
    mtbr member
    Another question id ask is if its FD compatible....

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Hi.

I have a 62cm stuntman. I'm not sure of its weight and I don't have a scale.
    It is not a light bike, but it does have excellent stability on loose rocky SW IA gravel road descents. It does well on climbing those same hills especially with a 34T ring up front.

FD: sure, it can be done, but you'd have to install a cable stop on the downtube and buy another left brifter with the FD. There is already a cable guide on the BB that will accommodate the cable path from below. It can be done.
    Last edited by ckindt; 05-20-2017 at 04:52 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    I asked for the weight for a 56cm stuntman on a live chat with Raleigh , reply was 26.9lbs if I remember correctly....

mtbr member
    Any body in the 5'8" height range own a Stuntman?
    What size did you go with - a 52 or 54?
    I'm leaning towards the 54 but the 555mm TT has me a tad concerned as it might be a little long. Any advice would help!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I'm 5' 10" and the 56cm Stuntman fits me perfectly. I'd wager a 54 would be good for you at 5' 8".

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    I got my 62cm stuntman down to just under 25lbs including pedals and cages by replacing the dropper with a CF post and replacing the 50c MSO's with 40c 120tpi ravagers set up tubless.

The dropper is over 1.25lbs and the MSO's are over 800g each.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    How tall are you and what is your inseam?

Quote Originally Posted by ckindt View Post
    I got my 62cm stuntman down to just under 25lbs including pedals and cages by replacing the dropper with a CF post and replacing the 50c MSO's with 40c 120tpi ravagers set up tubless.

The dropper is over 1.25lbs and the MSO's are over 800g each.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by CB2423 View Post
    How tall are you and what is your inseam?
    Hi.

I am 6'4" and ride with 82cm saddle to BB.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Been eyeing the Stuntman for some time now. Finally gave up and ordered one, pretty good price with corp discount and code. Anybody on a stuntman that can offer assembly and or ride reports? Thx!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Just bought one of these. It like a ton of fun for distance gravel rides and goofing around. I haven't received it yet but I'll bet it's heavy. 631 is more about toughness than weight savings. Add in knobby 50mm tires on double walled alloy rims, a house brand finishing kit, heavy retro-looking saddle... this bike is pretty much the anti-weight-weenie. I'd argue that if you're worried about the weight of the Stuntman, you're kind of missing the point.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Stuntman is no lightweight bike. Have a few rides on it and enjoy it as is. But I had to get wider bars and went with a 46mm cowchipper. Just finished install. Next Iím ditching the useless dropper for a carbon post. Coming off a Crux cx bike, the Raleigh is a little heavy and vague feeling. But is way more comfy.