mtbr member

Help, is there a serial number refernce table for Crosscheck identification?

So, long story short. I have a frame that has been stripped and clear coated. I have shown it to a number of LBS mechs and all agree that it is an early make Crosscheck. This is based on the clues of a 1" headtube and a smidge of dark blue paint left behind in the seat tube, in addition to the geo and wheel size measurements. Anyway, I got into a fender bender and since the frame is too small for me I am looking to post it to craigslist to recover a portion of my deductible. I had been intending to build it for my dad, but I have an mtb in my quiver he could ride just as easily. I just want to verify that it is a crosscheck by referencing the serial number because I don't want to post false info if in fact it is not a crosscheck. Does such a reference list exist? Thanks for any suggestions.
    No fuss with the MUSS

mtbr member
    Contact Surly and see if it is a serial number they used.

mtbr member
    Of course I can contact Surly. I was just hoping there would be an online reference table floating out there somewhere on the net that would indicate the year and make. Since there doesn't appear to be an online resource that would give general serial information , contacting Surly is what I will have to do. Thanks for the advice.
    No fuss with the MUSS

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    The Threaded 1" headset and fork were only available on the first year cross check, 1999 or 2000 I Think. The Bean green with Reynolds 631 was next and then the bean green with Surly 4130 tubing sticker( the one I have, bought in 01 I think) after that Red and Black were available colors, also added rack mount and second mount on drop out, Bean green like mine had to double up on dropout mount and use P clamps for a rack