mtbr member
    Apr 2014

Help please! First Cyclocross bike (well, first at all)

Hey guys,
    I've been looking for a cyclocross bike for awhile now. This will be my first bike. I'm looking to get into the sport casually and ride easy trails (rehabbing ACL surgery) and maybe get more serious at a later point in time.

I'm looking at this bike.
    Fuji CrossPro Cyclocross 61cm

I have been looking for a Fuji Cross Pro, but am unaware of how the components this owner replaced all the originals with compare. He says they are upgrades, but I just want to confirm before committing $600 into something that I frankly, know little about. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to do all the research necessary to "properly" evaluate.

It looks like it might have been purchased as a frame, since almost everything looks different than stock - wheels, drivetrain (sram rival instead of ultegra's), stem, etc.

Opinions on how it compares to the original configuration, in function and value?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    600 dollars for a Sram Rival bike seems very fair..I am not going to get into the Rival vs Ultegra..some will say they are equal while others will rate one above the other..personal preference IMO..I have 2 cross bikes with Rival and have never felt the need to upgrade or replace anything because of performance issues...and I prefer Sram vs Shimano (another individual preference) both are solid performers..

Wheels seem pretty decent and probably a little better than Oval wheels Fuji usually specs on their bikes...I have a Fuji cross 1.1 and have zero complaints about the bike...

If the bike fits and you like it 600 dollars seems like a very fair price for the bike and it has good cant brakes on it as well