mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Help me identify this Kona Jake!

Owner says its a 2011, and im pretty positive that it is not. Im trading my 2010 Norco for it, but dont know much about these. Im going to look at it in a couple hours, but I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on this for me?

Looks to be an 09 ish to me? Also what kind of value do you think is on the bike?

Thanks for quick responses!
    Quote Originally Posted by helidave View Post
    DH is what you do when you have huge hairy balls and love to shred the gnar.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Not much help probably but is that really Jake or Major Jake? Major would be much better option of course but I agree that that looks older than 2011. It's just that the color and/or down tube decals do not seem to match with any of the jakes, jake the snakes or jake major's I can remember or find on-line. Look wise this is the closest but I'm not sure if that's a production model. www.cyclingnews.com presents 2008 Pro Bikes

Price wise I'm not able to help unfortunately as I'm from Finland and prices here are a bit different. Also the components matter quite a bit anyway.

Cheers

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Salomo View Post
    Not much help probably but is that really Jake or Major Jake? Major would be much better option of course but I agree that that looks older than 2011. It's just that the color and/or down tube decals do not seem to match with any of the jakes, jake the snakes or jake major's I can remember or find on-line. Look wise this is the closest but I'm not sure if that's a production model. www.cyclingnews.com presents 2008 Pro Bikes

Price wise I'm not able to help unfortunately as I'm from Finland and prices here are a bit different. Also the components matter quite a bit anyway.

Cheers
    Thats what Ive been looking at, I looked through the Kona archive and cant find any color combination for any of the jake/major jakes. It looks like an 09 Jake the Snake, but in a different color combo. Id really like to know, so I can look up the specs on it.

Thanks for responding!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Out of curiosity, how/what was it?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Its a major Jake, the guy didn't know a whole hell of a lot about this bike that he acquired in a trade, and just what the other person told him. When I saw it was a major Jake in decent shape, I took it. Haha. Needs new tires and brake pads, but shifts perfect and rides smooth. Think im going to to go SS on it though, keep me honest out there

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Cool! Sounds like a good deal! Major Jake is a bit different thing than Jake anyway.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Here she is at home, racks, reflectors, lights all off. Put on some thin platform peddles, new brake pads soon. Loving it.