mtbr member
    Jul 2007

New question here. Help: Looking for steel frame in Size 56 / 58 with a seat angle of >73.5 degree

Hi folks,
    I need your help, I am looking for a steel cyclocross frame (cantilever or disc, doesn't matter) in size 56 / 58 (more towards 58, with effective top tube around 565-570, more 570) with a seat angle of > 73.5, preferred 74 degree!
    So far I only come across the Ritchey Swiss Cross, and (but unfortunately in carbon) the On-One Dirty Disco (but I must admit, this one looks not so bad and might be an alternative if I can not find a regular steel one...).

Of course I could go custom steel, but honestly I would like to save a bit of money for better components instead, hope that makes sense...

Thanks in advance for your help and support!
    Nice greetings
    Oliver

~ B A D A S S ~
    Quote Originally Posted by omega1848 View Post
    Hi folks,
    I need your help, I am looking for a steel cyclocross frame (cantilever or disc, doesn't matter) in size 56 / 58 (more towards 58, with effective top tube around 565-570, more 570) with a seat angle of > 73.5, preferred 74 degree!
    So far I only come across the Ritchey Swiss Cross, and (but unfortunately in carbon) the On-One Dirty Disco (but I must admit, this one looks not so bad and might be an alternative if I can not find a regular steel one...).

Of course I could go custom steel, but honestly I would like to save a bit of money for better components instead, hope that makes sense...

Thanks in advance for your help and support!
    Nice greetings
    Oliver
    Ok first and foremost I just want to say that to me at least seat tube angle does not matter, since it just dictates where/what angle the saddle will end up. but this is highly adjustable both with different saddles/posts with rake and the post itself, this is just an imaginary number that doesn't actuallty mean anything anylonger because of all the adjustability. sure there can be (probably even measurable) differences in efficiency when goiung to a steeper tube. but Hey you can adjust hte saddle back and forth and it should cover at least +-1deg form what you have and with the choice of posts probably a degree more in each direction.

there are many bikes that does'nt even have seat tubes at all, non double diamond (uci-illegal) frames. How do you measure seat tube angle then when there is no tube? Just an airfoil shaped blob of carbon. It dependeds on how far you extend the saddle. Its just an imaginary number.

Anyway, maybe these brands have something for you: Genesis, Shand, Charge,Salsa, Surly, Traitor.

road.cc review archive | road.cc | Road cycling news, Bike reviews, Commuting, Leisure riding, Sportives and more
    road.cc review archive | road.cc | Road cycling news, Bike reviews, Commuting, Leisure riding, Sportives and more

gud luk
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.