Thread: GTR CX Elite

mtbr member

GTR CX Elite

Thinking of ordering one of these bikes, does anyone have one?

I also like the Felt F65X, obviously a better bike but it is more money than the GT.

Thanks!

TXTony
    I have a 2011 GT CX Pro i bought last year...I rode it for a year before getting a carbon cross bike..as far as the bike I have had no issues with it and it is a quality bike. I was skeptical when I purchased the bike because I do not see to many GT Bikes around where I live...I have owned a few aluminum frame bikes and that GT is one of the better riding frames I have owned. The build quality on it is great. It is not as light as some bikes out there..I think mine weighs right at 22 pounds.

I used it for gravel rides..cross and single track and it performed great for the price I paid for it..it was speced out with all Sram Rival..i tossed on a carbon bar and stem that I already had. Put some carbon cranks on it. The Tekro brakes that are on mine are alright but there are better out there.

All in all I never regretted buying the bike and still use it. I think GT still makes some good bikes. Overall it is a good bike that performs well...at least for me..the blue white and yellow scheme of the one I have is pretty loud but kinda has the old GT classic scheme look to it so I am cool with it.

TXTony

2011 GT Cross Bike

Pretty much stock except the wheels and crank
    Last edited by TXTony; 11-29-2012 at 12:35 PM.