mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Fuji Cross 1.1 vs Fuji Altamira 1.3

within $200 of each other. The Altamira is carbon, the Cross is aluminum. Both have great components (for me). Anyone ridden both? I had an old 2009 Fuji Cross that I rode the hell out of, so I do like the brand. Use would be first and foremost Cat 4/5 cx, but also being able to add gravel to my road rides, and pulling my dog around in a Bob Trailer, possibly using it for bike camping.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Aluminium with SRAM Force vs Carbon with SRAM Rival. Both look like good bikes, had considered a Fuji myself but the local distributor isn't bringing the CX bikes only gravel.

The main point to split the two if you're interested in some gravel and bike packing in addition to CX racing is going to be which one (if there is any difference) has more tyre clearance to fit 40c or thereabouts width tyres.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Don't be a sheep
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblefish29er View Post
    within $200 of each other. The Altamira is carbon, the Cross is aluminum. Both have great components (for me). Anyone ridden both? I had an old 2009 Fuji Cross that I rode the hell out of, so I do like the brand. Use would be first and foremost Cat 4/5 cx, but also being able to add gravel to my road rides, and pulling my dog around in a Bob Trailer, possibly using it for bike camping.
    I would definitely go with the Altamira, substantially better frameset. The only difference between Force and Rival is the carbon crankarms and carbon lever blades on the shifters, everything else is identical with different branding.
    "Do not touch the trim"