more skier than biker
    Nov 2006

Felt F1X Disc Single Speed

My new SSCX.

Was looking for a performance oriented (i.e. light, most likely carbon...although I do love the ride of steel), disc CX frame with either a pressfit30 or bb30 shell so that I could easily convert it so SS with the Beer Components adapter and settled in on the Felt F1X D frameset after demo-ing (i.e. borrowing from buds) a few things.

Transfered the wheelset (Stan's NoTubes Race Golds) over from my MTB (being primarily a MTB'er so glad the industry went forward with the 135mm rear standard). Rest of parts is a mish mash of what I had...carbon railed WTB Silverado saddle from another MTB, EC70 post, Salsa Bell Lap bars, Red Cranks, Eggbeaters, some random Specialized S-Works stem that was in parts bin, and 160mm front & 140mm rear BB7 road brakes (looking forward to upgrading these in the years to go as more hydro options become available). Current gearing 42:18
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Felt F1X Disc Single Speed-felt-f1x-disc-ss.jpg  

mtbr member
    Awesome!

Didn't know the bb30 conversion kit existed. Pretty cool.

more skier than biker
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jsqueri View Post

Didn't know the bb30 conversion kit existed. Pretty cool.
    yes they are pretty sweet. I'm a NorCal / Sacramento, CA local and the Beer Components conversion EBB's are designed and manufactured right here, so I am definitely partial to them, but they are great. Been using one of their PFBB30 EBB's on a different bike for about a year and it never slips, never creaks, and is very easy to adjust and install. This Felt is a normal BB30 (not pressfit), so i had to get a new adapter for this frame.

But the beauty of these things is that you don't have to limit your bike choices to just bikes with their own existing EBB's, or with track fork ends, or horizontal ends, or sliders or whatever. Any frame with either a PFBB30 or BB30 shell with a vertical dropout can easily be converted to SS. And with the vertical drops, you can just use a regular quick release on the rear hub.

Obviously I am a fan BEER Components

Bro Mountainbiker
    Whats that thing weigh? I ride a nice lightish geared CX bike with disks, but I am jonesin for a superlight WW singlespeed too...
    Raised in a Chicken-Coop by Chickens

more skier than biker
    Nov 2006
    16.38 lbs as shown with base model Eggbeaters. Light, but not insanely light by any means. It's a light frame at like 2.1 lbs, but the BEER EBB adds some back in and the BB7's do too. I could probably get it to 16 or a hair under by upgrading the bars, stem, and pedals but i doubt that i will. I'll probably add weight actually by taking off the Eggbeaters and putting on Candys (i like a larger platform).

Sebt frm my iPhne usig Tapaak

Teen Wolf
    damn, very nice

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    nice. I need to get a cross bike

mtbr member
    Nice Ron!

was that fork stock with the frame?

Love the sound of the BEER converter. will have to keep that in mind if I ever get smart and buy a non-SS specific frame

more skier than biker
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chairthruster View Post
    Nice Ron!

was that fork stock with the frame?
    Yes, the 3T Luteus comes stock with this frameset. I've only ridden it a short bit so far, but I think it's great. Very light (full carbon steerer tube helps), and very stiff (those fork legs are beefy). My only complaint so far is aesthetic...it comes in gloss black while the frameset is matte black. Would look smoother and more integrated if they were both matte black. Felt makes a non-disc version of this same frame and that one comes with an Enve fork that is matte black...it looks better IMO, but the 3T Luteus is an awesome fork.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Yeah, that is super nice. I've been looking for a good PF30'ed frame for a little while. Too much $$ for me, though.