mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Evan's Vassago Fisticuff build

Here we go! The Fisticuff frame came in today. We start building it on Saturday. This is going to be my first Cross/MC bike and first bike with drop bars. I'll post pics and specs as we build it. STOKED!!!!!

Evan's Vassago Fisticuff build-img_0577.jpgEvan's Vassago Fisticuff build-img_0578.jpgEvan's Vassago Fisticuff build-img_0579.jpg

achiever
    You are going to love that thing bike! I've got over 400 miles on mine already & my first ride on it was 2 weeks ago today. Not much it can't handle!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Getting closer

It's starting to look like a bike now. I may be able to ride it tomorrow if all goes well.

Evan's Vassago Fisticuff build-close.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    All that is left to do is to hook up the rear brake, wrap the bars, and give it the final tune up. I plan on taking it for its first ride tomorrow afternoon.

Evan's Vassago Fisticuff build-fisticuff-almost-done.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    She's all done. Mick at Certified Bicycles in Payson, AZ did a great job specing it out and building it up. I rode 25 miles on its maiden voyage and it felt great. It's my first drop bar bike, so I really don't have anything to compare it to. This was actually my first time ever riding a bike with drop bars.

It just took a few minutes to get used to the shifting. The bike itself was very comfortable and we built it up to have a fairly upright seated position. Riding a bike with high-pressure tires is a little sketchy. I'm used to all Mountain full suspension bikes with 25 PSI in the tires. Needless to say, this whole road thing is going to take some getting used to. I can't even comprehend how people could take these on singletrack trails. Anyway, I'm very happy with my new toy and look forward to putting a lot more miles on it.

Evan's Vassago Fisticuff build-img_0582.jpgEvan's Vassago Fisticuff build-img_0583.jpg