Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    metrotuned WoS
    I've got a set of 29er DT Swiss 240s and ENVE clinchers just waiting for a CX bike w/ BEER. Any luck with importing the FM059, FM089, AC098 Chinese Carbon models?

Here's some legit US spec HUNTER CYCLES CX action attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Disc Brake CX Bike Build-hunter-cx-disc-b.jpg  

#willofthesun and author of the most viewed MTBR thread: Platform Pedal Shootout

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jptelthorst View Post
    Very nice! Do you use it for racing? Do you think disc brakes are the future for CX?
    I'll be CX racing mine along with doing gravel roads and yes, I think quite a few people will be switching to disc brakes over the next few years. There are going to be some very nice disc brake CX bikes for sale in the very near future. The major manufacturers are starting to release their new carbon frames with disc brakes.

BTW, my build is sitting at 18.5 lbs now that I added some 32 spoke Chinese carbon MTB rims. I'm in the process of converting them to tubeless so I hope to get it below 18 with a couple other mods like ditching the front derailleur and large chain ring.

more skier than biker
    Nov 2006
    Just finished building up my SSCX with discs.

The frame is a Grammo Paru.
    Full carbon frame and fork with tapered steerer tube.
    Internal cable routing
    It's bottom bracket is PressFitBB30, so to make a single speed, I used Beer Components EBB for PF30 adaptor (works like a charm, no slippage so far).
    Gearing is 42x18 at the moment.
    SRAM Red Cranks.
    Easton EC90 seatpost
    WTB Silverado saddle (with carbon rails)
    Avid BB7 Mechanical Disc brakes (140mm rear and 160mm front)
    Crank Bro candy pedals
    A Specialized S-Works Alu stem that I had in my garage for some reason
    Salsa Bell Lap bars.
    Wheelset is Stan's NoTubes Race Golds with their own hubs (rear is SS specific)
    Tires are Stan's 700x35 Ravens set up tubeless with sealant.
    Weight is just a smidge over 17 lbs.
    The paint scheme was white with gold lettering which I didn't care for, so I covered the entire frame with a bunch of stickers I had left over in a CD case from my punk/hardcore music days...without the stickers, it would probably be right at 17 lbs. I'm sure they'll look like crap and get all tattered and torn and stuff once they get and muddy and I start racing this sucker..but I think I'll like it even more then.

Rides great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Disc Brake CX Bike Build-grammo-sscx-disc.jpg  

mtbr member
    Bought it as a frame and fork on Thursday. Raced it at the Barton Park Cross Crusade race on Sunday and loved it. It worked great on the muddy technical course. 19lbs and dropping. Found the magic gear so I ditched the tensioner.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Disc Brake CX Bike Build-image1.jpeg  

mtbr member
    Love the stickers Ron!

Here is my new bike with Iron Cross wheels. Bought it to try out racing in the 35+ group.

99% of the problems and questions posted here would be answered if people actually walked into a bicycle shop and asked

mtbr member
    Been enjoying racing my Dengfu branded/labeled FM059 and Farsports 50mm tubular disc wheels although this weekend I am going to change things up slightly for Lousiville. Get to try out my new set of Enve Twenty9 XC tubulars with DT Swiss 240s which at 1270 grams for the wheelset, drops the bike's racing weight to a tad under 8 kg.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 69erEverything View Post

Here is my new bike with Iron Cross wheels. Bought it to try out racing in the 35+ group.
    What is that?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by limba View Post
    What is that?
    Civilian
    99% of the problems and questions posted here would be answered if people actually walked into a bicycle shop and asked

mtbr member
    Ah, ok. Nice bike.

mtbr member
    Thanks! I'm actually very impressed with the bike so far. Race worthy, stiff on sprints, and comfortable over the rough stuff. Just like a steel bike should be. Heavy but i mostly blame the brakes and wheels for that.

mtbr member
    Whats up with that chain keeper/tensioner on there?
    Signature

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ms6073 View Post
    Been enjoying racing my Dengfu branded/labeled FM059 and Farsports 50mm tubular disc wheels although this weekend I am going to change things up slightly for Lousiville. Get to try out my new set of Enve Twenty9 XC tubulars with DT Swiss 240s which at 1270 grams for the wheelset, drops the bike's racing weight to a tad under 8 kg.

Nice build. That's a 56 frame right? How tall are you?
    I dig the wheels that are what..4 x the cost of the frame? Nice!

mtbr member
    Bionicon guide. Extra insurance fir no chain drops in races. Bonus of no chain slap. Took it off my other bike as an experiment.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 69erEverything View Post
    Bionicon guide. Extra insurance fir no chain drops in races. Bonus of no chain slap. Took it off my other bike as an experiment.
    Cool. I was just curious if you installed that due to issues with it dropping that prompted you to install that part. Been thinking about going with a chain guide instead of the factory bash and stop combo.
    Signature

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by the mayor View Post
    That's a 56 frame right?
    Yes, size 56.

How tall are you?
    At one time I was 6' with 31" inseam and while I still have a 31" inseam, I am starting to shrink/compress with age seeing as I only measured 5'11" at my last health check.

I dig the wheels that are what..4 x the cost of the frame? Nice!
    Dont forget the FSA Plasma integrated bars and Canondale Hollowgram SRM - the Rotor 3D+ was simply too expensive !

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ms6073 View Post
    Yes, size 56.

At one time I was 6' with 31" inseam and while I still have a 31" inseam, I am starting to shrink/compress with age seeing as I only measured 5'11" at my last health check.

Dont forget the FSA Plasma integrated bars and Canondale Hollowgram SRM - the Rotor 3D+ was simply too expensive !
    Nice...
    I'm 5' 11.5"....but used to be 6 1..
    I still have a 36 inseam that's making it hard to find a frame that fits. The big problem is not having enough space in the front triangle to grab the downtube and shoulder the bike....my elbow won't go through the seattube/toptube junction.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5