mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Cyclocross knickers &

I need suggestions for knickers that are as close to waterproof and windproof as possible. And warm. Very warm. Last season was pretty cold with temperatures in the single digits for some of the races. The reason for asking now is to hopefully find a good deal on last years models.

Any suggestions to keep the hands warm while not wearing oven mitts. I have full finger gloves, Peal Izumi glove liners and the elite softshell glove. the elite gloves are just really thick and making shifting a chore. Plus they dont keep my hands all that warm. I was going to try some warming cream for the hands. pros, cons?

mtbr member
    Regarding Gloves...

If you are prepared to buy on the internet, look at the Possum Merino gloves available from The New Zealand Possum Store, email mohair@mohair.co.nz. The basic Merino Possum Fur Gloves - Plain 9901 will be all you need. Use them as your glove liner under a wind/rain proof outer glove. They will keep your hands warm even if they get wet. They do not 'hard wear' very well, but as an inner liner, there is nothing to compare them with. The Possum is not the North American variety, they are completely different species (Australian) and are of the hollow fibre type. There a few % mixes in the market but the higher Possum %'s are best. I find them to be 50% warmer than Merino on its own.

Eric
    If I don't make an attempt, how will I know if it will work?