Ride da mOOn Moderator

New question here. CX Racing... Cold weather... Water crossings... Shoes?

Please give me a mulligan on the crosslink...
    ...hoping the pros in both threads can solve this one?

CX Racing... Cold weather... Water crossings... Shoes? - Mtbr Forums

The Brutally Handsome
    I've been tempted to try these, I love my dominators, and theses are supposedly fully waterproof: Sidi - Diablo GTX

Has skills-will travel
    Jun 2008
    I just use two pairs of socks, a thin synthetic sock as a base and a thin wool sock over it. And I just suffer for a hour.

Friends of mine use a cheap shoe cover that they cut to expose the front toe cleats to ensure grip when running. Other friends use the old mountaineers trick of two socks and a trash bag.

mtbr member
    Thinking the same thing myself as the cooler weather sets in. Rather than dropping 200+ on winter shoes I think I'm going the light weight hiking boot/platform pedal combo for the cold and snow. Been wanting to try platforms again anyway.

CX racing doesn't really matter though, does it? You can handle the cold for 45 min (if you even notice it while racing) and then you change quick after the race.

RLK
    mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Sizzler View Post
    I've been tempted to try these, I love my dominators, and theses are supposedly fully waterproof: Sidi - Diablo GTX
    Love mine. Although I've never submerged them, they've kept my feet dry in many a rainstorm.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    SealSkinz socks are your best friend.
    They also come in thermo version and are much cheaper then waterproof shoes.

SealSkinz

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I recommend waterproof over shoes. Shimano have good ones.

I have Sidi winter shoes which are waterproof. It doesen't help because water goes inside from top of the shoe. The closure system is really poor. If you put it tight enough strap pop open when you twist your ankle.