Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    I've been so busy this summer, apart from 1 1/2 mile of tame off road on my commute, i haven't been in the dirt since the spring. although a little rusty on some of the root laden descents, had a blast this weekend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cross Bikes on Singletrack - Post Your Photos-2012-07-22-13.18.05.jpg  

Cross Bikes on Singletrack - Post Your Photos-2012-07-22-13.10.57.jpg  

Cross Bikes on Singletrack - Post Your Photos-2012-07-22-12.49.12.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    What tires are those? Looks like a nice setup!

mtbr member
    thanks! those are kenda happy mediums 700x40. i've been very happy with them. they have very low tread in the center and more aggressive tread on the edges. they are pretty fast rolling on pavement and hook up very well off road.

powered by peanut butter.

Some Tasty Backwoods Riding

"Never trust a man in a blue trench coat. Never drive a car when you're dead." -- Tom Waits

Monkey Junkie
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by heartland View Post

Very nice! I'm jealous.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    at 6 mile run

tires

mtbr member
    First ride on the Civilian. 28ish miles of single track, some double, and some paved. Great ride. The little 700x32 Kenda Kwickers are amazingly grippy but I would like more volume.

Pics looked okay on the phone but are a bit out of focus.
    Signature

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Greetings from Miami,Fl
    Taken at Giligans at Oleta River State Park
    Nashbar Cx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cross Bikes on Singletrack - Post Your Photos-photo-1-.jpg  

Cross Bikes on Singletrack - Post Your Photos-425970_10151088880556431_275275148_n.jpg  

Cross Bikes on Singletrack - Post Your Photos-photo-2-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    very nice! just picked up my first corss bike today from my LBS, cant wait to test it out!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by iamkeith View Post
    Inspiring thread. I NEEDED to find this!

After restoring this bike last fall, I took these cell phone pictures on my first (and so far, only) good, long, single track ride. (Sorry, no action shots.) The following day, the trails were covered by a foot and a half of snow, and they haven't been clear since. I can't believe how fun and nimble a bike like this was, on trails that had become a bit too familiar on a regular mountain bike. The bonus part of this ride was the fact that the 10 mile road ride at the end, required to loop back to the trailhead parking, was MUCH quicker than usual. Another month or less, and the trails should finally be clear again... and I can't wait to get out on it again. It's the only bike I daydream about riding right now - so I'm happy to see others doing the same.
    Awesome shots man!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rjwall View Post
    thanks! those are kenda happy mediums 700x40. i've been very happy with them. they have very low tread in the center and more aggressive tread on the edges. they are pretty fast rolling on pavement and hook up very well off road.
    How do they feel cornering on pavement in wet and dry?
    Signature

powered by peanut butter.
    "Never trust a man in a blue trench coat. Never drive a car when you're dead." -- Tom Waits

mtbr member
    Little weekend exploring. Pics from a scenic double track stop but we hit some single as well:

Signature

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA View Post
    One of the best threads on MTBR...
    I don't question it, ask too much from it. or lean on it hard. I just ride it expecting nothing but fun!
    I love that bike. Any old road frame that took 27" wheels can be pressed into service as a crosser using the smaller 700c wheel size and long reach brakes. you can thrash the thing and not worry about damage.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by A1an View Post
    How do they feel cornering on pavement in wet and dry?
    the happy mediums have been pretty good cornering on pavement. I use this as my commuter as well, so it spends most of its time on pavement in all sorts of conditions. actually, i remember from last winter them being great on icy/slushy roads. they are great multi-use tires. though they roll slower than a slick, it's not by that much. On balance, they're the best tires i've owned.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rjwall View Post
    the happy mediums have been pretty good cornering on pavement. I use this as my commuter as well, so it spends most of its time on pavement in all sorts of conditions. actually, i remember from last winter them being great on icy/slushy roads. they are great multi-use tires. though they roll slower than a slick, it's not by that much. On balance, they're the best tires i've owned.
    Cool thanks! Glad to see yet another great review on that tire. Ordered a Happy Medium for the front and SB8 for the rear earlier this week.
    Signature