Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2010
    My Rocky Mountain is 17.3 lbs. Full force, Stans tubeless, 35 Conti Cyclo Race

mtbr member
    Do you race it? What's your normal tire pressure?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Never weighed it, but my $995 large-size 2010 Scott CX Team is probably around, um, I tell myself 18.5 pounds but reality tells me it's probably 21 with pedals?!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by zmiko View Post
    My Rocky Mountain is 17.3 lbs. Full force, Stans tubeless, 35 Conti Cyclo Race
    What RM do you have? I have a 2011 CXR that I am tweaking right now. So far I am going to/have updgraded or changed the following;

- Already changed to wider cheapo bars, now want to go to carbon bars since this is more for long distance rides with rough road gravel.
    - want to add a carbon seatpost as I think it will help with vibration dampening
    - Purchased and will be Changing to TRP CX8.4 v brakes
    - Want to upgrade Crankset to Force (from Apex) to 34/42
    - Tires looking for something a least 35 might just stick with Maxxis Mud Wrangler might go to something faster rolling (Conti race a definite option).
    - Eventually tubeless clincher set, the current Fulcrum 5 set is nice though
    XC, Road, XXC, Endurance, Mtn, All-Mtn, Cross, Gravel, just go have fun on 2 wheels!

mtbr member
    You can get Easton EC90 bars and Ultegra/DA wheels on sale right now at Jenson.

Now older but less slow!
    Wow there are some light bikes here. I don't race but the last time I weighed by GF Presidio I thought it was around the 25-26lb mark. I'm going to have to put it on the scales tonight as that sounds like a ton compared with what's been listed here.

mtbr member
    2012 Ridley X-Night with Dura Ace deraileurs, SRM Hollowgram, Avid Shorty Ultimates, FSA Plasma Integrated bar/stem, Fizik Kurve Bull saddle, Shimano XTR pedals, Easton EC90 SL w/FMB Sprint tubulars - 15.4 lbs. Yes, the bike is worth more than the car that it gets transported in.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by limba View Post
    Do you race it? What's your normal tire pressure?
    I do race a little, plan to do more this fall. I mostly ride it on local singletrack and commute once in a while. I'm usually around 35 PSI with the Contis

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by HEMIjer View Post
    What RM do you have? I have a 2011 CXR that I am tweaking right now. So far I am going to/have updgraded or changed the following;

- Already changed to wider cheapo bars, now want to go to carbon bars since this is more for long distance rides with rough road gravel.
    - want to add a carbon seatpost as I think it will help with vibration dampening
    - Purchased and will be Changing to TRP CX8.4 v brakes
    - Want to upgrade Crankset to Force (from Apex) to 34/42
    - Tires looking for something a least 35 might just stick with Maxxis Mud Wrangler might go to something faster rolling (Conti race a definite option).
    - Eventually tubeless clincher set, the current Fulcrum 5 set is nice though
    Mine is a Solo Team CXR as well. I bought it as a frame only and built it up custom.

Ritchey wcs full carbon fork with Cane Creek 110 headset.
    Stans Alpha Cyclocross wheels (Alpha 340 rims laced to American Classic hubs)
    Full force group with a compact crank, 34/50 for summer, i have 38/46 for cross
    I just switched to the CX 8.4's from some Sinz bmx mini v's and they perform much better, very happen with them.
    Salsa Cowbell 2 bar, which I love
    Thomson stem and seat post
    Lizard Skins DSP tape in Orange which matches the bike very well

Has skills-will travel
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ms6073 View Post
    Yes, the bike is worth more than the car that it gets transported in.
    This is the only way to roll!

Don't be a sheep
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ms6073 View Post
    2012 Ridley X-Night with Dura Ace deraileurs, SRM Hollowgram, Avid Shorty Ultimates, FSA Plasma Integrated bar/stem, Fizik Kurve Bull saddle, Shimano XTR pedals, Easton EC90 SL w/FMB Sprint tubulars - 15.4 lbs. Yes, the bike is worth more than the car that it gets transported in.
    Pictures or it didn't happen.
    "Do not touch the trim"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shekky View Post
    how much money are you people spending on these sub twenty pound bikes?
    My bike weighs in a 19.9 lbs, I spent $350 on it (granted I had a lot of spare parts lying around.) I got a frame for $50 (rocky mountain RC10, old hybrid frame that will work fine until I try to race)

Blind biker
    Maybe I think its weird that I think my cross bike is a pig at 19lbs with pedals, fenders, gps and a brooks saddle.
    2007 tcx
    sram rival drivetrain
    sram red shifters
    carbon bars and stem
    cheap jamis seatpost
    xtr pedals
    brooks union jack blue swallow
    alpha 340/rotazs
    kenda kwicker

this thread is making me feel alot better that mine is only 19lbs in commuter mode

rr
    I don't do PC
    Some light bikes here.

My "manbearpig" weighs over 25lbs- steel frameset, Stans 29er trail wheels, 42c tires

I <3 dirt
    Complaining about a 19lb cross bike lol

Mine weighs 22lbs with SRAM red on it!
    WHY ARE YOU YELLING??!1

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    2013 Ridley X-Ride Apex Disc all stock with Shimano 540 pedals is right at 20lbs. The brakes added about a pound and a half over last years bike.

mtbr member
    Was the added weight worth it?

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I don't mind the extra weight. This is my only bike and is used on singletrack mostly. I have raced it twice and the advantage of late braking pays off incredibly. Unfortunatly the bike is way more capable at winning than I am.

mtbr member
    Mine is easily 28lbs (haven't weighed it yet). 61cm Civilian Vive Le Roi...steel frame with carbon fork. The wheelset seems to be a major factor. Rear wheel felt about as heavy as my Volkswagen.
    Signature

mtbr member
    I would consider sub-23 lbs. respectible

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    My Quantec frame with Ultegra (3x) and Ritchey WCS, frame height 60cm, bottle cage, Racing Ralphs and quite a bit of mud on it weighed in at 9.7 kg last night. No additional brake levers, though. Guess with lighter eggbeaters, saddle, and cleaned it could easily be 9.4 kg.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    My swisscross with average components is about 9.2 kilos....

mtbr member
    2012 Redline Conquest Team
    17 lbs 6 oz.
    (with spd pedals and 2 alu bottle cages)

SRAM Force Group
    FSA SLK Light Crankset 36/46
    Easton EA90 SLX Clincher Wheelset
    Schwalbe Sammy Slick Tires
    Last edited by brushman; 07-17-2013 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Omissions

mtbr member
    Just weighed my Lynskey ProCross Disc. It is no lightweight at 19lbs 5oz (currently with tubes), but I love this bike. It is set up for Gravel Grinders, as I do not race cross. It is substantially heavier when I ride (Frame pump, loaded seat bag, etc.), but the bike is quick, handles nicely and is pretty comfortable on long rides.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    18.9 lb - swiss cross, force/rival mix with some wcs AL parts and stans 340's.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast