Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    ~22 lbs here for an aluminum jamis and their relatively low-end carbon fork. I swapped tiagra derailleurs for ultegra, shifters for 105s and replaced stock crank with FSA gossamer. But also went from 9sp to 10. All that may have shaved a bit off, but until I lose 40 lbs I won't worry about the extra 5

I am looking for new wheels soon, not sure how much weight it'll save but hoping to get some smoother hubs.
    Yeah I only carry cans cause I'm a weight weenie.

mtbr member
    Just finished up mine today. Its a Charge Filter Cross frame with a steel Salsa fork, aluminum bar, stem and post. I built it up with Force shifters and rear derailleur, Shorty Ultimate brakes, CX-70 front derailleur, DT 350 hubs, Hed Belgium rims, DT Revolution spokes and Challenge Grifo clincher tires. Haven't bought pedals for it yet but I'm sitting at 20.72 lbs. Not bad for an off the shelf steel frame and fork with some decent components.
    My motorcycle runs on infant blood

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    My Cronus CX Ultimate is 17.3lbs. Mostly stock. Only made it tubeless and added an RXL bar and XXX stem.

mtbr member
    Got a 60cm 09 jake the snake in at 23lbs with 28mm tires.
    Thompson cockpit (stem/seatpost)
    Stock 440 alloy drops
    Ultegra 6600 sl drivetrain
    Stock cantis
    Easton circuit wheels
    Specialized phenom saddle
    M540 pedals
    Nothing but commuting joy. Cheers

mtbr member
    My '10, 60cm Masi CXR weighs in around 21 lbs with cages, pedals, tektro mini-v's, and 32c Ritchey Speedmax tires. Could probably drop that down to 20 lbs or slightly below with some better parts here and there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by croatiansensation View Post
    My '10, 60cm Masi CXR weighs in around 21 lbs with cages, pedals, tektro mini-v's, and 32c Ritchey Speedmax tires. Could probably drop that down to 20 lbs or slightly below with some better parts here and there.
    Super. Poz noticed you're Croatian.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by davesauvageau View Post
    Just finished up mine today. Its a Charge Filter Cross frame with a steel Salsa fork, aluminum bar, stem and post. I built it up with Force shifters and rear derailleur, Shorty Ultimate brakes, CX-70 front derailleur, DT 350 hubs, Hed Belgium rims, DT Revolution spokes and Challenge Grifo clincher tires. Haven't bought pedals for it yet but I'm sitting at 20.72 lbs. Not bad for an off the shelf steel frame and fork with some decent components.
    Finished with pedals it is 21.35 lbs. Not bad for a steel frame and fork with an aluminum bar, stem and post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cross bike weight-100_1283.jpg  

My motorcycle runs on infant blood

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    19,95 LBS.

Hongkfu carbon frame and fork
    Shimano 105 CX chainset, SH 600 derrailleur, Ultegra levers, and old SHimano 600+Mavic Open Pro wheels (5 Lb. wheelset included 12/27 cassette)

Tyres are Continental CX Race 35 mm.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    The latest weight on my Van Dessel Gin & Trombones disc version is 19lb-15oz. It's going to drop with some upgrades due to arrive soon.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    My On One Dirty Disco is 19.25: all carbon f&f, discs, Stans ZTR Crests. But I've got some heavy commuting tires on now to get me over blacktop, gravel, and dirt. Putting on my Stan's Ravens would shed a pound. Rubber is heavy.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 88 rex View Post
    19.5-20 lbs. Steel and disc brakes.
    I'd like to see that. Post a pic.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Cannondale Super X hi-mod, single speed (team beer), SRAM Red, Thomson and Ritchey bits and mavic ksyrium tubies: 15.3 pounds.

I <3 dirt
    My 56cm surly cross check weighs 21lbs as it sits in this picture. not the lightest by a long shot

WHY ARE YOU YELLING??!1

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    That's an old one - 1" steerer. Who makes that chain keeper?

I <3 dirt
    It's a 99. That's the e13 xcx cx guide
    WHY ARE YOU YELLING??!1

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    2011 Ridley X-Fire with full Rival (GXP crank), Avid Shorty Ultimates, Ritchey WCS stem/seatpost, Ritchey Biomax bar, WTB Silverado saddle, Xpedo pedals, Stan's Alpha 340 w/ Michelin Mud 2's tubeless. Comes in at 17.75 lbs

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    thats crazy

Don't be a sheep
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hunttofu View Post
    Cannondale Super X hi-mod, single speed (team beer), SRAM Red, Thomson and Ritchey bits and mavic ksyrium tubies: 15.3 pounds.
    Pictures or it didn't happen.
    "Do not touch the trim"

I dd what you see there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivet View Post
    Pictures or it didn't happen.
    Quite frankly with toobies, a high end drive train w/ BB30 bracket and in single speed form, I'm surprised it's not closer to around 15 flat, especially if it's a medium or smaller frame size.
    2002 Cannondale Jekyll 800
    2011 Trek Cronus CX Ultimate

Has skills-will travel
    Jun 2008
    Does it really matter how much the CX bike weights since we are racing on mostly flat terrain? Isn't it about having great grip, great brakes, and a bike that you can put explosive power out?

Anyway, my Ridley X-Ride is 18.5# race weight.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mooddude View Post
    Does it really matter how much the CX bike weights since we are racing on mostly flat terrain?
    Weight matters where you constantly accelerate and decelerate: it takes a lot of energy to do those things and a heavy bike reacts slower. Of course, say you weigh 150 lbs., the diff between lite and heavy might be 170 lbs. and 165 lbs.

For elite racers it's important, for everyone else doing it for fun, not so much.

mtbr member

2009 Specialized S Works TriCross Carbon

It's around 18.5 pounds. I'm looking to upgrade the handlebars and maybe the wheels at some point...maybe. I have a new mountain bike to purchase first.
    I like to ride bikes.

Don't be a sheep
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mooddude View Post
    Does it really matter how much the CX bike weights since we are racing on mostly flat terrain? Isn't it about having great grip, great brakes, and a bike that you can put explosive power out?

Anyway, my Ridley X-Ride is 18.5# race weight.
    Bike weight always matters, in some disciplines more than others. I'll tell you, on a course that has a lot of run ups and you are shouldering or suit casing the bike a bunch I'd rather have a 16lb bike than a 22 lb bike. This is especially true the lighter the person is. Because of their lower upper body strength I think serious women crossers should be on the lightest bike they can get that is still reliable.
    "Do not touch the trim"

Bro Mountainbiker
    I dont typically participate in weight weenie tomfoolery but when I get my carbon tubbies glued up and installed I think my Dirty Disco will weigh 18.5. I need to upgrade the crank/pedals/cassette anyway. Maybe it will get into the 17s...
    Raised in a Chicken-Coop by Chickens

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    This thing has to be around 26 or 27 lbs, maybe more? It's ok. Holds up to some serious abuse.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast