Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Have you checked out Competitve Cyclist in SLC?

Competitive Cyclist has some great deals on Cross Bike going on now.
    You can visit them at 2607 South 3200 West, Salt Lake City
    You can also check them out online

Pre-Configured Cyclocross Bikes | Competitive Cyclist

I just bought their Ridley X-Fire Ultegra Disc at 1/2 off ($1950). Great Frame, Wheels, components... I Love it! I plan on using it for CX and Gravel Grinders...

Ridley X-Fire/Shimano Ultegra Disc Complete Bike | Competitive Cyclist

BTW - the A23 rims on this convert to tubeless fairly easily with 21mm Velotape with valve kit.

Gary

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I bought a Boardman CXR 9.0 at Competitive Cyclist. Yesterday, I rode it up to the Olympic ski jump road in Park City twice to get used to climbing. The bike feels amazing stable when I stand to climb. The Continental x-king 35cm tires feel slow on the road and good on the dirt bike path. Once the Spring weather settles I will ride it up Big Mountain Pass (Little Immigration Canyon).

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    The Boardman looks like the perfect bike for mixed use. It even has fender and rack mounts for commuting. With a bivy of different tires you could do everything from a Road Century to Twisty Singletrack with it.

BTW - if you haven't seen this already checkout this thread. Shows how much fun you can have on your CX bike on the trails

Cross Bikes on Singletrack - Post Your Photos

Also this is a fun video of Chris Akrigg showing amazing offroad skills on his cross bike.
    CHRISCROSS on Vimeo

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
    Stemf, today I got a flat in my 29er tubless Specialized Fast Track rear tire ironically at the Mormon Flat. Since I am running Stan's I was able to add some sealant and air for a quick fix. It has me thinking about what I'll need for the new CX bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
    I bought a Boardman CXR 9.0 at Competitive Cyclist. Yesterday, I rode it up to the Olympic ski jump road in Park City twice to get used to climbing. The bike feels amazing stable when I stand to climb. The Continental x-king 35cm tires feel slow on the road and good on the dirt bike path. Once the Spring weather settles I will ride it up Big Mountain Pass (Little Immigration Canyon).
    Looks like a nice solid bike. Disc is definitely the way to go now. I may trade in my Cross Check for a Warbird or some other disc frameset this year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2