hispanic mechanic

Carbon fork for a Nature Boy Zona?

So, along with upgrading to Cat 3, I'm planning some upgrades to my bike.
    Will i go tubs? Dunno yet, but definitely considering a significant weight reduction with a carbon fork. I'll be keeping the steel fork on for the gravel races I have planned (Oregon Stampede, Bear Lake MonsterCross,) and I know I will miss the ride quality, but I think it'll be worth while.
    Just wondering if anyone has had experience with a fork that pairs well with this frame.
    For the record, I'll be using Paul Comp. Mini-Motos.
    The frame is designed around a 45mm offset, 395mm A-C fork.

Thanks,

Los
    "Shut up body and do what I tell you."
    Jens Voight

http://teamjva.com/jens-voigt-soundboard/

1 ☼ ♥
    I did the same thing this past year I used the Bontrager Race Lite Cyclocross carbon fork it has an alloy steerer and comes in at 550g with an uncut steerer. same axle to crown and rake as the Allcity fork. Don't have a pick as the bike is back to gravel mode with the steel fork.

hispanic mechanic
    Thanks, how'd the Bontrager ride?

Los
    "Shut up body and do what I tell you."
    Jens Voight

http://teamjva.com/jens-voigt-soundboard/

1 ☼ ♥
    It rode better than I thought it would. The front end felt light and lively,(which is what I wanted) and the carbon soaked up the ruts and rough terrain very well. I went back to the steel fork for a aesthetics and comfort mostly. Even though the carbon absorbed the vibration quiet well after about 50 miles of gravel it lost its appeal for me. The steel fork is more forgiving on longer rides. That being said, I did the carbon fork for one reason and one reason only...racing cyclocross! 1hr in the pain cave and the vibration doesn't really matter. As far the the geometry goes It was unchanged and handled the same. Also the carbon fork felt/sounded loud. That may not be a big deal to most but it bothered me some.
    Hope this helps

1 ☼ ♥
    P.S.
    I'm looking to sell it. PM me if interested and I can provide pics and steerer length.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I have a nature boy zona with a easton ec90 cx fork. I love it. Stiff but comfy and bloody light! I dropped 1.5lbs I can post some pics if you wanna check it out.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by nolamonster View Post
    I can post some pics if you wanna check it out.
    please do!