Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    CS2
    CS2 is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CS2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,290

    Capitol CX Frames

    Anyone heard of the Capitol frames? I'm not really coming up with much on Google. It looks like a new company.
    1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1992 Stumpjumpers. 1995 Waterford 1200, 1999 Waterford RSE, plus a garage full of steel frames.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ms6073's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    127
    Capitol Bicycles - is that the site you are asking about/looking for?

  3. #3
    CS2
    CS2 is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CS2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,290
    Quote Originally Posted by ms6073 View Post
    Capitol Bicycles - is that the site you are asking about/looking for?
    Yes, that's it. I checked the site out. A Google search didn't really come up with any useful information. I was hoping for some first hand info from a member. Of course every manufacturer is going to say their product is great.
    1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1992 Stumpjumpers. 1995 Waterford 1200, 1999 Waterford RSE, plus a garage full of steel frames.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    46
    They're based out of Cleveland, I'm in Akron. The carbon frames aren't anything special. Open mold frames (Ridley and Scott bikes I think) that they're importing from China.

    The metal stuff however is pretty rad. It's all fabricated in the USA with custom geometry options. A custom steel frame will start at about $900 from what I've been told. One of the local shops has been working pretty closely with them about getting the geometry dialed in on a line of 29ers and fat bikes. The guy behind Capitol hasn't been building bikes for too long, but does have a pretty extensive background in aerospace fabrication. The steel 29er frame I saw was very well made. Fast turn around time as well.

  5. #5
    CS2
    CS2 is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CS2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,290
    Quote Originally Posted by zac102 View Post
    They're based out of Cleveland, I'm in Akron. The carbon frames aren't anything special. Open mold frames (Ridley and Scott bikes I think) that they're importing from China.

    The metal stuff however is pretty rad. It's all fabricated in the USA with custom geometry options. A custom steel frame will start at about $900 from what I've been told. One of the local shops has been working pretty closely with them about getting the geometry dialed in on a line of 29ers and fat bikes. The guy behind Capitol hasn't been building bikes for too long, but does have a pretty extensive background in aerospace fabrication. The steel 29er frame I saw was very well made. Fast turn around time as well.
    Thanks, that's what I was looking for. Are they in any shops?
    1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1992 Stumpjumpers. 1995 Waterford 1200, 1999 Waterford RSE, plus a garage full of steel frames.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    46
    The Edge Outdoors is the only one that I'm aware of.

  7. #7
    CS2
    CS2 is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CS2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,290
    Quote Originally Posted by zac102 View Post
    The Edge Outdoors is the only one that I'm aware of.
    Is Edge Outdoors in Medina? I'm just south of Cleveland. I've seen a couple for sale but hesitated on pulling the trigger.
    1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1992 Stumpjumpers. 1995 Waterford 1200, 1999 Waterford RSE, plus a garage full of steel frames.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •